Weather 'radar' :-)

StarCats

Registered
Reaction score
If you want accurate weather information, get a cat :)
Last report I saw said it wasn't supposed to rain until maybe Sunday, and probably not even then. Yeah, right. My cats know better. The outside crew showed up really early for food, ate quick, and relocated their sleeping spots (from summer-breeze ones to winter-warm ones). Inside ones have been grouchy all day, ate but not happily, then went stir-crazy overnight (no sleep for me LOL). Sure enough, now we're getting rain :) Severe storm line going through - heavy rain, high winds, lightening, etc. My screen door has been ripped open and is banging. trashcans blown over (luckily empty). Hanging plants are swinging. Even the window glass is shaking. My weedeater (electric), which is usually in a dry spot even when it rains (under the bench on the porch up aginst the house), is probably soaked (not happy about that). If I could just work out the time delay between odd behavior ('furdar') and eventual rainstorm, I wouldn't need tv. Our local weather station hasn't updated yet, it's still supposedly partly cloudy and calm out there.

Makes me wonder if the reason they insist on walking across the keyboard while I'm writing is because they can tell they story sucks? Should they someday quit 'editing' my work, would that mean I've finally got a best seller? LOL

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Cats are amazing creatures and know far more than we mere humans, for sure. But I've got all indoor cats who have no discernable common sense (other than to pick Ol' Boy and me as fur parents), so - living in Tornado Alley - I keep the real radar handy.

As you can see in my sig line, Tabby thinks I spend too much time on AW and not enough time holding her.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
My hair is the most reliable method I know of for detecting conditions necessary for rain.

Those of you with naturally curly/wavy hair know what I'm talking about...

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
The dog I had as a child was more reliable than my cats.