PDA

View Full Version : writer's resume

Jackfishwoman
04-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi, I was wondering if any of you could share some advice on how to construct a writer's resume? And maybe even post some examples?
Thanks in advance!

scottVee
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi. Depends what the resume is for. If it's a regular job resume, for getting a regular job, then the rules of resumes apply, and it has nothing to do with being a writer. I can't tell though ... you might also be talking about writing a block of text about your writing (for a book query?), or maybe organizing a list of published credits (to get freelance writing gigs). Each of these is different. So, tell us a bit about what you intend to use this "resume" for, and I'm sure someone here will come along and help out.

L M Ashton
04-26-2008, 03:06 PM
This has been discussed ad nauseum in some other threads here that have some wonderful advice along with really useful links to samples and commentary. (I know because I used it to create writer's resumes for me and the hubby. :D) Do a search and it should come up. Same title as this one, IIRC.

Jackfishwoman
04-26-2008, 07:39 PM
okay thanks.
an agent requested a "writer's resume" so I was just wondering exactly what that meant.

maestrowork
04-26-2008, 07:41 PM
I can write a bio but when they ask for a CV or resume, I'm stuck. I guess it should follow basic CV format but instead of outlining job experiences, you outline all your writings or writing-related jobs?

IceCreamEmpress
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Here's (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68249&highlight=resume) a long and thorough thread on this.