PDA

View Full Version : Best celebrity cameos

maestrowork
04-26-2008, 05:07 AM
What are you favorite celebrity cameos in movies or TV? That is, the celebrity plays him- or herself.

A few come to mind:

- Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. The fact that NPH, an out gay actor, played himself as a womanizer in the film was just priceless.

- Harrison Ford in the Jimmy Kimmel's I'm ***king Ben Affleck video.

- Jerry Seinfeld on 30 Rock. He's so whiny you just wanna smack him upside the head.

- Clive Owen's cameo on Extras. "I'm Clive F**king Owen." Priceless.

- George Michael on Eli Stone.

C.bronco
04-26-2008, 05:11 AM
David Hasselhoff in SpongeBob Squarepants the Movie

mscelina
04-26-2008, 05:12 AM
That is SO not fair. I was SO going to do Harrison Ford in I'm F***ing Ben Affleck.

well, poot.

Charlie Chaplin in A Woman in Paris.

Captshady
04-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Frank Sinatra in Cannonball Run

PattiTheWicked
04-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Sean Connery at the end of Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.

ChaosTitan
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Alison Janney on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Anytime Joan Rivers played herself on Nip/Tuck.

maestrowork
04-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Howie Mandel on Free Radio, a show a bunch of friends of a friend started on VH1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcu7t2VkiHA

Mr Flibble
04-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Patrick Stewart in Extras. 'And then all their clothes fall off'

Actually pretty much anyone in Extras.

Pike
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
William Shatner on 3rd Rock From the Sun. When he got off the plane and shared gremlin stories with John Lithgow I laughed so hard I had to change my Hanes.

Don't know if you'd call this one a cameo, but when Kevin Spacey turned out to be the killer on Seven, yet his name didn't appear on the opeing credits, that was wild!

Pike

Elaine Margarett
04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Justin Timberlake in the commercial (pepsi ?) where he's being dragged and beatup by mailboxes, etc., and yet still pulls himself together to charm a pretty girl befor getting hit on the head by the hood of a car.

And yeah, Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar. He was the best thing about the movie! Love him in HIMYM, too!

maestrowork
04-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Don't know if you'd call this one a cameo, but when Kevin Spacey turned out to be the killer on Seven, yet his name didn't appear on the opeing credits, that was wild!

Pike

There are some really good uncredited roles in movies. I can't name them now, but I'll remember them when I see them. ;)

Actually pretty much anyone in Extras.

Almost anyone on Curb Your Enthusiasm, too.

Voyager
04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
- Harrison Ford in the Jimmy Kimmel's I'm ***king Ben Affleck video. That was the first thing that came to my mind, he and Josh Groban we're hilarious

DWSTXS
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
the 'original' big surprise cameo, where Suzanne Pleshette (From the old Bob Newhart show) woke up with Bob Newhart in bed, and he told her that he had been dreaming about being an innkeeper in Vermont. On the last episode of the Newhart show set in Vermont

maestrowork
04-26-2008, 10:04 PM
That was the first thing that came to my mind, he and Josh Groban we're hilarious

LOL. When Josh Groban started singing, I busted a gut laughing. Brilliant.

nevada
04-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Charlton Heston in teh remake of Planet of The Apes. A movie I didnt like very much based on movies i've never seen, but even i knew the reference.

plaidearthworm
04-27-2008, 05:55 AM
the 'original' big surprise cameo, where Suzanne Pleshette (From the old Bob Newhart show) woke up with Bob Newhart in bed, and he told her that he had been dreaming about being an innkeeper in Vermont. On the last episode of the Newhart show set in Vermont

This was my pick before I read all the posts; glad to see someone mentioned it. Classic, top-of-the-list move by Newhart!

PattiTheWicked
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Bruce Campbell showing up in all three Spiderman movies.

Rob_In_MN
05-09-2008, 04:02 AM
ocean's 12. Bruce Willis as himself and Julia Roberts as herself (as opposed to the character she was playing ;))

Stormhawk
05-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Samuel L Jackson in Iron Man

Bruce Campbell in Spider-man 1, 2 & 3 - I love them all.

Stan Lee's one in Fantastic Four 2 - it was aping what happened with the Sue/Reed wedding the comic.

Terry Pratchett in Hogfather :)

maxmordon
05-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Stan Lee on the first Spiderman movie

nahalwi
05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't know, Stan Lee in Iron Man was a good one too :P

slcboston
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Not so much a cameo, as it was a fair amount of time on the episode, but when Batman: The Animated Series was running they had an episode titled "The Grey Ghost" which featured a washed-up actor who had used to play the Ghost on tv getting himself into trouble, and then helping Batman save the day.

The actor providing the Grey Ghost's voice? Adam West.

slcboston
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Otherwise I'm going to have to go with David Bowie in Zoolander. Best thing in the movie.

Shadow_Ferret
05-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Arnold Schwartzenegger cameo in The Rundown starring "The Rock."

Martin and Lewis cameo in Road to Bali starring Hope and Crosby.

Hope and Crosby cameo in Scared Stiff starring Martin and Lewis.

Gravity
05-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Nearly every second banana in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

StephanieFox
05-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Stan Lee in Iron Man.

Hitchcock in all of the Hitchcock movies.

Actually, I think to be a cameo, the part has to be very, very, very small. We're talkin' three lines or less, often no lines. It has to be a background thing, and a small part that is nonetheless important to the plot does not count as a cameo. It's basically a big deal actor taking the place of an extra.

Monkey
05-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Otherwise I'm going to have to go with David Bowie in Zoolander.

That's my all-time favorite, too. I love how they momentarily show his name and play "Let's Dance".

maestrowork
05-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Stan Lee in Iron Man.

Hitchcock in all of the Hitchcock movies.

Actually, I think to be a cameo, the part has to be very, very, very small. We're talkin' three lines or less, often no lines. It has to be a background thing, and a small part that is nonetheless important to the plot does not count as a cameo. It's basically a big deal actor taking the place of an extra.

I'm actually more interesting in celebrities who play themselves (but with a twist), such as NPH in the Harold&Kumar movies or Jerry Seinfeld on 30 Rock.