PDA

View Full Version : Centaur-otica -- subtitled: if-you-don't-get-it-please-don't-reply ;)

veinglory
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
I am currently querying publishers to see who is open to a multi-author pansexual anthology of centaur romance and erotica. This may be centaurs of any sort, with any other sentient creature (no non-sentient animal, rape or underage--kink, BDSM, D/s etc totally OK).

If you have such a story PLEASE send it to me! If you think you might like to write one, chat with me. If you are a reasonably experienced writer I will reserve you a slot in the collection pending a story of acceptable quality. There is no deadline set as yet but I would like to hear expressions of interest as soon as possible -- in the absence of sufficient interest the project will be not procede.

The collection will be approximately 40-60,000 words. Stories should be 2000-20,000 words. Explicit material preferred but storyline.plot compulsary! No previously published material. (However, when it comes to exceptional material no rules apply.)

Stories will be purchased *upon publication*. $20-$50 depending upon length. I am open to collaborators at all levels including a co-editor.

Maryn
04-04-2005, 07:27 PM
How interesting--and how curious that I actually have one already written.

I wrote it after I saw a call for manuscripts for mythology-related erotica a couple years ago, but I never got around to submitting it. I got the Something's-Wrong tingle when the UK-based editor was unwilling to answer my questions about whether it would be marketed in both the US and the UK. (I had concerns about my clearly-American voice in the UK readers' ears.) I suspect that she was being less than honest about having a publisher lined up, which isn't the case here.

Confession: I've had lots of trouble in the past with emailing anything of length. Something about MIME and truncation and steam coming out the ears of both author and editor. How's a Word document as an attachment? (Got a preferred version of Word?)

Maryn, not particularly fond of horses

veinglory
04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Any Word should be fine, or word-based rtf. I look forward to seeing it. The whole things is fairly exploratory right now but I will keep everyone updated. If it isn't a goer after about a month I will let you know. Otherwise I will send an offer (probably $20 up to 10,000 words, $50 above, neg.). If in doubt, shout -- I respond quickly to email and PMs (GMT)

I have only compiled on anthology before this and I am still waiting on the first choice publisher's verdict. This one is a bit more 'weird', so we will see how it goes. It has potential is there is quite a strong centaur/furry niche market.

Maryn
04-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I haven't re-read this one in a while. Let me give it a once-over and a fast dusting-off before I send it sometime tomorrow, OK?

Maryn

Maryn
04-05-2005, 05:56 PM
You have mail. I hope you like it!

Maryn

Maryn
04-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Okay, I've become quite curious--have you had others express interest? I don't know about anyone else, but it feels so revealing to submit erotica that goes beyond 'white bread' into the Land of the Kink, even when I know the recipient has visited there herself, fictionally.

Maryn