PDA

View Full Version : So if you were in...

Mr Flibble
04-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Last Action Hero, ( love the cheesy piss takes in that) and you had the ticket, which film would you end up in?

All my fave films are real head melters, so I'm not sure I'd want to drop in.

Maybe the first Pirates film, cos I'd looove to be a pirate. Arrr Jim lad.

Taras Bulba ( but only if I could pretend to be a bloke and fight like a cossack!)

LOTR, Two Towers. I want to meet Eomer. And probably drown in my own dribble.

Or Once Were Warriors, and help poor Gracie

ChaosTitan
04-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Enchanted.

Then I can fall into Patrick Dempsey's arms, win him over with my sarcastic wit, and charm him with my inability to sing completely on key. :D

nybx4life
04-26-2008, 02:47 AM
Either Harry Potter - call myself the Snake Eater and start beating up Slytherins.

OR

Any of the Matrix movies - the power to kick butt looking nice is always a plus.

JoNightshade
04-26-2008, 02:52 AM
So basically you're asking if we could find ourselves in any movie world, what would it be?

Star Wars. Hands down.

Ken
04-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Once Were Warriors was an amazing movie.

I'd choose to be in the Grizzly Adams movie, so I could be friends with bears and chipmunks and live in the wilderness. Wow would that be neat!

KTC
04-26-2008, 03:24 AM
I'd be in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. In the Zen Room, preferably.

But I'd also be up for some dancing and singing in the lab.

Mr. Fix
04-26-2008, 03:25 AM
I like the Star Wars universe, In a better time - Han Solo - I'm just not sure I'd want to be frozen in carbonite! (But as myself with the Millenium Falcon - Yes, Hans Down!)

Fiddle on the Roof is my fav, but again, I'm not so sure I'd want to live in 1800's Russia as a Jew.

So in reality, uh, fantasy...

Any Beach Blanket Bingo movie. Warm weather, good surf, drag racing and a young and beautiful Annette in a bikini. Yeah, I could live that world every day. (And all I gotta do to beat the bad guy is give 'em the finger...):Sun:

SisterSue
04-26-2008, 03:26 AM
"What Dreams May Come." because it's purdy.

KTC
04-26-2008, 03:27 AM
"What Dreams May Come." because it's purdy.

Oh, man. Great choice. I'd like the paint, for sure.

Zelenka
04-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Harry Potter - I'd make a fortune taking on all the legal cases for parents whose children were exposed to dragons, dementors, boggarts etc. I might find me a cute little blond death eater while I'm at it... ;)

I'd second Lord of the Rings too - I'd like to live in Rivendell I think. Read my way through Elrond's library.

Or, failing those, The Italian Job, the original version, and I'd want to drive one of the minis.

Hollan
04-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Star Wars, if I could be a Jedi or somehow end up with my own imaginary sexy Boba Fett. He's not a clone in my mind. Don't ask.

Any Pirates movie. So I could get me some Jack Sparrow ^_^

Moulin Rouge, so I could comfort Christan at the end, and you know. . . .

Disney's Beauty and the Beast because it's wonderful. And I want to be Belle. That library is awsome!

Jenan Mac
04-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Brigadoon, because sleeping for a hundred years doesn't seem so bad right about now.

mikeland
04-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I'd probably end up in My Dinner With Andre. Sigh.

C.bronco
04-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Harry Potter would be fun if I could be a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for a year.

Jcomp
04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Any sports movie where the underdog wins a game nobody thought they'd win, so I can bet on the underdog and rake in the cash.

Or Swingers so I could buddy up with Trent, who is easily the best movie friend ever.

robeiae
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Enchanted.

Then I can fall into Patrick Dempsey's arms, win him over with my sarcastic wit, and charm him with my inability to sing completely on key. :D
Me, too.

Well, that or Midnight Express.

Mr Sci Fi
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Boogie Nights.

I don't think I need to explain that one.

ChaosTitan
04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Me, too.

Well, that or Midnight Express.

:ROFL:

maestrowork
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
The first scene of Saving Private Ryan.

cethklein
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Star Wars - Just so I could have a lightsabre.

DC Cab - Because it's awesome.

Highlander - So I could be immortal and chop off peoples' heads.

Spaceballs - So I could have a Schwartz.

Bullitt - 3 words "'1968", 'Fastback", and "Mustang"

Mr Flibble
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Highlander - So I could be immortal and chop off peoples' heads.

You'd have to fight my hubby -- that's the first one he said too. He'd bring his Bath Lith.

cethklein
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, a Bath Lith could make for an interesting fight. Definitely more up-close-and-personal than the standard katanas/long swords.

nybx4life
04-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Better yet, a breakdance fight, like from Zoolander.

Dancing in a club, at the same time fighting each other. Nothing could get better than that.

Unfortunately, Capoeira doesn't fit the description

Williebee
04-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd want to be a scientist in 2010.

But I'd probably typo the request and wind up as fertilizer in Soylent Green.

maxmordon
04-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Lost In Translation. To know what the hell did they said at the end or at least try to get Scarlett

The Man Who Wasn't There. I want to save Ed!

Eragon. Just to beat Eragon's ass and tell the big bad where the hell he is

The Clockwork Orange. Videe well, meh droogs

Lord Of The Rings. Just for the sake of it

Jersey Chick
04-29-2008, 03:13 AM
This will kinda date me - but I'd have to say Grease. I love that movie...

The Empire Strikes Back - I'd have to make Princess Leia see muffler and take Han Solo for myself ;)

Dirty Dancing - <sigh>

RR777
04-30-2008, 11:14 PM
I'd hope for Tomb Raider 'cause I'd love a shot at Lara croft but I'd probably end up in a remake of Gilligan's Island as Gilligan.

Shadow_Ferret
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I'd choose Click because I'd love to be married to Kate Beckensale.

( love the cheesy piss takes in that)e
What is a piss take?

slcboston
04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
You'd have to fight my hubby -- that's the first one he said too. He'd bring his Bath Lith.

What's a Bath Lith??? (googling it was NO help)

and... Gee, I don't know. Star Wars is a possible, except it doesn't actually look like a fun place to be with all the war and dying and such.

Star Trek is good sci-fi, but somewhat boring.

So... Firefly. :)

dgiharris
04-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Any film with Jenna Jameson and Terra Patrick :)

...but I didn't order a pizza, why don't you come in anyways... ba-chigga-wa-waaa....

:banana:

Mr Flibble
04-30-2008, 11:56 PM
What is a piss take?

To make a joke about someone or to make someone look silly. Also known as taking the Mick, extracting the urine, etc etc. Austin Powers was a piss take of Bond.

What's a Bath Lith??? (googling it was NO help)

You watch Star Trek? You know those big swordy type things the Kilingons use.....

Sorry I should have spelt it Bat'leth (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Batleth%2C_Barge_of_the_dead.jpg)

I always get that wrong.

Shadow_Ferret
05-01-2008, 12:20 AM
To make a joke about someone or to make someone look silly. Also known as taking the Mick, extracting the urine, etc etc. Austin Powers was a piss take of Bond.

I never heard that expression before. Sounds disgusting. Couldn't you just have said "satire?"

slcboston
05-01-2008, 12:24 AM
You watch Star Trek? You know those big swordy type things the Kilingons use.....

Sorry I should have spelt it Bat'leth (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Batleth%2C_Barge_of_the_dead.jpg)

I always get that wrong.

I rather thought that's what you were referring to, but didn't want to reveal myself as an uber geek and point out that you were spelling it wrong.

And now realize I've gone way, way past that point. :D

Mr Flibble
05-01-2008, 12:36 AM
You know how far I am past that point?

My daughter is named after a Star Trek character. I had to let my husband do it, because I wouldn't let him name our son Logan after Wolverine. Besides, it's pretty unique and very pretty, so I'll let him off.

And shadow, sorry, piss take is how it's said here ( unless the vicar is coming for tea, which he's unlikely to do in my house). Satire is only for if you have a big plum in your mouth ( you're posh in other words)

slcboston
05-01-2008, 01:00 AM
You know how far I am past that point?

My daughter is named after a Star Trek character. I had to let my husband do it, because I wouldn't let him name our son Logan after Wolverine. Besides, it's pretty unique and very pretty, so I'll let him off.

Which character? (please tell me it's at least a female one, and you don't have a daughter named Kirk. :D )

Mr Flibble
05-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Female lol. I wouldn't have called her Kirk ( maybe Tiberious? naaahh) I wanted to call her Valeria ( after the Conan story) but I got overruled.

And you'd have to be a real die hard Trekkie to know it ( no one has ever sussed it until we told them. It's a real obscure one :) )

ETA: Having checked, because we had to change the spelling slightly ( because of an ', and stuff) it is actually a very uncommon name in Spain. Ooooh. Learn something new. I can now not be embarrassed at telling other mums where the name came from....

slcboston
05-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Female lol. I wouldn't have called her Kirk ( maybe Tiberious? naaahh) I wanted to call her Valeria ( after the Conan story) but I got overruled.

And you'd have to be a real die hard Trekkie to know it ( no one has ever sussed it until we told them. It's a real obscure one :) )

Hmm... actual character, or just some one-off appearance? And a regular at that?

I'm guessing if it's obscure it wouldn't be anyone in the main cast...

(and I like Valeria myself - and wasn't there a female Vulcan with that, too?)

Mr Flibble
05-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Regular character :)

Apparantly it's related to a welsh name too. oooh. Of course it would be much better if we could have kept the original spelling :(

slcboston
05-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Regular character :)

Apparantly it's related to a welsh name too. oooh. Of course it would be much better if we could have kept the original spelling :(

Hmmm... welsh, eh? I actually have a niece name Kira but I'm guessing that isn't your daughter's name bcs you said obscure...

Any chance you can narrow this down by series? ST, ST:TNG, DS9, Voyager?

(I can't resist a challenge. :D)

Mr Flibble
05-01-2008, 01:26 AM
check your reps, I've given you a clue.

slcboston
05-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Ooh... now this is going to drive me nuts on the drive home. That was easily my favorite of any of the series and I watched it religiously. Only one of them where I actually have them on DVD. Well, just the first season....

... Like I said. Uber geek. :D

Mr Flibble
05-01-2008, 01:30 AM
when you've figured it out, shhh and pm me. :)

although I'm off to bed now...

Bmwhtly
05-01-2008, 01:37 AM
No question, Firefly

maestrowork
05-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Wide Eye Shut.

POPASMOKE
05-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Rocky Jones, Space Ranger......cause his sidekick Dale was bitchin' an........uh, no I've never seen one, I'm not that old, someone told me about it........ honest!

Varthikes
05-01-2008, 03:37 AM
DragonHeart.

So I can try to save that one dragon from Bowen.

Stormhawk
05-01-2008, 05:40 AM
The Neverending Story - then all the childhood wishing wouldn't have been for nothing. If I had my fiancÚ with me, we'd probably never bother to set foot in reality again.

Labyrinth - *drool* Jareth *drool*

Stardust - just so I could jump the wall for a little while.

...hmm? Pattern? What pattern?

childeroland
05-01-2008, 05:43 AM
The NeverEnding Story - Bastian and Atreu would be great company, and who wouldn't wanna meet the Childlike Empress?

any Bugs Bunny film

ditto Peanuts specials, features

Lord of the Rings - living among the elves sounds like heaven.

Star Wars, for all the obvious reasons.

Harry Potter - to see what house I ended up in.

Lupin III - cause he'd just be fun to hang with

really, any Miyazaki film for the enchantment

dgiharris
05-01-2008, 06:14 AM
I just want to point out that in some of your movies,

Its not soo much fun when the bad guy gets ahold of you. Wouldn't want to be in a scene with Darth Vader.

Just saying...

childeroland
05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
True, but Leia in that slave bikini would make the risk worth it.

zahra
05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd choose Click because I'd love to be married to Kate Beckensale.

What is a piss take?
If you want to marry Kate Beckinsale, you'll have to learn to speak British. :D (Sorry, just taking the piss:tongue)

Most movies are too scary and dangerous for me, but I'd like to be in '6th Sense' so I could get HJO to talk to my Dad and my friends Emma and Debbie, and how brilliant knowing there is life after death?