PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Changeup

MattW
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Report: Fallon to take over for Conan O'Brien

EW YORK - Jimmy Fallon appears to be inching closer to Conan O’Brien’s “Late Night” chair.For months, Fallon has been widely considered the top choice to succeed O’Brien when he steps down next year. On Thursday, published reports said Fallon has signed, or soon will sign, a deal with NBC. (Msnbc.com is a joint venture between NBC Universal and Microsoft.)
NBC had no comment Thursday on the stories by The Hollywood Reporter and Variety. The network had been expected to announce its choice of host within the next few weeks, possibly at its May 12 presentation for advertisers.

I read that Jay is also stepping down, but who is taking that slot?

I'll miss Conando, especially because I find Jimmy Fallon unfunny and unpalatable.

Elliot Cowan
04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Conan is supposed to be taking Leno's spot but in recent months Leno has apparently been trying to arrange a situation where he does not have to leave.

Sarita
04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I like Fallon, but I'm unsure of his stand-up chops. To me, he's classic sketch material.

maestrowork
04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Conan is definitely taking Leno's chair.

Yeah, Jimmy Fallon is an odd choice. Then again, he wasn't that bad on SNL's Weekend Updates.

III
04-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Report: Fallon to take over for Conan O'Brien

I read that Jay is also stepping down, but who is taking that slot?

I'll miss Conando, especially because I find Jimmy Fallon unfunny and unpalatable.

Ugh, amen to that. Jimmy Fallon ranks right up there with Jim Belushi on the tool list.