Centra PA & Northern Maryland -- Harrisburg, Hagerstown, State College, Reading, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the other PA writers thread and was disappointed to see the meeting was being held too far away for me, so I thought I would post my own thread and see if I could find some people closer to my area. I don't know any other writers in person, and my non-writer friends and family get sick of hearing about my novels, lol. I haven't had a lot of time to be on the boards lately, but things are getting quieter for me now.

I live about two miles from the I-81/PA Turnpike interchange, and am close to I-78, Route 15 (down to Maryland), and I-83. Obviously, I'm thinking of doing this in my area (Carlisle, PA), since I know places we can go around here. My thought would be for everyone to meet at one of the big truck-stops you can see easily from the highway, then I could take everyone to one of the big parks or one of the diners where they don't mind if you sit around for hours ordering nothing but coffee (we've got lots of them around here). It's pretty country here, so no worries about parking or traffic.

I'm open to any afternoon or evening date that works for others. It doesn't need to be a weekend as far as I'm concerned. Probably some time in May. It's also possible I could pick someone up if they were within an hour or so drive and didn't have reliable transportation of their own.

Post here or PM me if you're interested.

P.S. Centra=Central in the thread title :rolleyes: I need to sleep more

Lauren

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LaurenRBamberger.com
Hooray!! I just found this thread - I am new to AW and just the other day found this meet & greet forum. I can't believe I found a thread for this area.

I am about 30 - 40 mins. from Carlisle and actually lived there from '93-'95 so I know the area and still get there often to visit friends. I'd love to get together and can easily meet you somewhere in Carlisle.

If you haven't seen the "embarrassing phobias" thread you might not know I hate to drive. So my awesome driver aka my sister would be along but she may or may not hang with us...it would depend on what we did, she may go out or visit friends or like I said, hang around. She's the harmless sort :D

Let's see if we can find some more AWers in our area and check our schedules! I know this was posted a couple months ago, so are you still interested yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.