Anyone play computer games?

nybx4life

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some other computer games I could play in my off time from writing.

So far, I've found flashflashrevolution dot com, a site with a flash game similar to Dance Dance Revolution, but with different songs. They're pretty good too:)

Anybody got anything good to check out?
Hopefully in the puzzle, music, or rpg areas.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
we'll be starting an open beta on our new MMO next month. i can PM you when the announcement goes out and you can sign up.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
My youngest boy (he's fourteen) plays World of War Craft. I won't link to it here, but apparently, it's a kick-ass game with millions of members.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I do. I play City of Villians and City of Heroes and love it. I also play the Pogo game site for board type games. There are a few on here that play WOW alot too.

(Way too much time on my hands....lol)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some other computer games I could play in my off time from writing.
I can't help. I write software 8x5 and have no desires to play computer games. I tried one computer game in 1995 and got bored quickly.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Age of Empires, a strategy game that follows some of the most famous historical campaigns. Age of Mythology, which is like AoE only it plays as though gods and mythical creatures are real. WarCraft III and its science fiction counterpart, StarCraft, both also strategy-based games. All of them are story-based, though not as deep in plot as a good console RPG in my opinion.

And of course, Sim City 4, where you get to build your own cities from the ground up. Very addicting.

That's what I've been playing on my PC--I don't usually play PC games, at least not since I stopped playing Final Fantasy XI. I'm slowly getting back into them, mostly just picking up suggestion from my best friend since he plays a lot of PC games. I'm more of a console person, but I enjoy a good PC game when the mood strikes.

~DragonHeart~

CDarklock

Yes!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.darklock.com
I quit playing PC games as a matter of policy. If I have games on my PC, that's all I do. I've localised everything in my house: there's one machine I use for independent contracts, another I use for Microsoft contracts (can't mix MS confidential material with other client work), one my wife uses for whatever she does (I don't ask, she don't tell), and one I use for my own personal stuff (this one). All my gaming happens on consoles.

And I'm counting down the hours to GTA4. Less than 100 now.

nybx4life

Registered
Reaction score
Great...

as much as I would LOVE to get any of those games, does anybody know one that just happens to be something I can play for FREE, and is not a demo?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
My youngest boy (he's fourteen) plays World of War Craft. I won't link to it here, but apparently, it's a kick-ass game with millions of members.

I finally managed to kick my addiction about 6 months ago. Not to WOW itself ( I kicked taht a few months before)-- to the forums. It got so bad I got my own WowWiki entry.

I'm so screwed when Warhammer Online comes out.

nybx4life

Registered
Reaction score
Great....
Apparently I'm speaking to the wrong people.

I assumed somebody here would be broke enough to rely on "Free-To-Play" online games.
My assumption is wrong, and I'm glad for that:)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Great....
Apparently I'm speaking to the wrong people.

I assumed somebody here would be broke enough to rely on "Free-To-Play" online games.
My assumption is wrong, and I'm glad for that:)

Oh I do sometimes. Mofunzone and funnylishius mostly. Me and the Old Man compete for the best scores -- he wasn't so happy when I trounced him at Racehorse Tycoon. Just under a million muhahaha:)