Status
Not open for further replies.

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
Hey everyone,

I've put together a list of free press release sites that you can use for your book marketing and author promotion endeavors. These sites all have a free option, plus a paid package. The paid package will get you more, but the free one does get your press release sent out over the wire.

Free Press Release Sites for Book Marketing and Author Promotion

Happy marketing. :D

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
Hey everyone,

I've put together a list of free press release sites that you can use for your book marketing and author promotion endeavors. These sites all have a free option, plus a paid package. The paid package will get you more, but the free one does get your press release sent out over the wire.

Free Press Release Sites for Book Marketing and Author Promotion

Happy marketing. :D

This list is current as of this week, and I will be adding a couple more in the next few days, so enjoy...

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
I've used them several times. Do they help with sales? Hard to say. They do give you backlinks, which can indirectly help sales. Also, I've had local and national media coverage through the use of these sites. A lot of it depends on your pitch.

But for the time and effort, I would say they are "cost effective."

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
"Cost effective"? meaning that for a free service they're--so-so? What's a good pitch to get exposure? Is it worth getting a publicist? I've heard some authors say yes and others, no. Best selling authors have told me they're in the same boat as far as marketing. What's an author to do?

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
Cost effective in terms of time. For a free service, they are great. You have to register and post your press release, so that takes time and effort. If you are used to making $100 per hour crunching numbers, then these services will not be cost effective. If you are a writer looking at any and all means of getting your writing out there, then they are.

Is it worth getting a publicist? I don't know, I've never had the extra cash to pay for one. They may be able to write better copy for your release and have a stronger network of connections. A good publicist is worth their cost as far as I can tell.

What's an author to do? Promote, market, write... promote, market, write. Over and over.

MitchMauldin

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for putting together that Excellent list of Free locations for Submitting a Press Release! I wish you the Best of Success in all of your endeavors...

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Am I missing something? From the looks of these sites, there is nothing "free" about your Press Release. I may not be seeing the whole picture, but the "free" looks like a "come on" to get you to the site. Then you get to pick a package - at cost.

"The Weed of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit!"

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
I also must be missing something. What is free and what is it that they advertise which you have to pay for? They seem to only want business press release. Is that so? Will they print a "press release" which you make up which in essence is a pitch to sell your book? Do you have to register as a business or can you register as an individual?

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
My publisher just used these "so-called" free PR sites for Press Releases of my latest novel, and there was nothing "free" about them. There was a cost! Very misleading, and should be listed as paying sites. Don't bother with them unless you're willing to pay, and then make sure the ones you use can really help with their service.

"The Weed of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit!"

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Tom.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
I don't know what Tom is talking about... all of the sites have a FREE option. Each press release site does offer a paid package, but if you look closely they all offer a FREE option as well. You may want to look closer next time...

You do need to register with the sites (as is pretty common on any type of site these days). You can register as a company (if you have one) or as an individual. If you are worried about spam, just set up a free gmail account that you use for this very purpose.

I just used them all last week - FOR FREE.

Robert Farley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertfarley.com
I just went through the hoops with the PR.com site. It's tricky to stay out of the paid zones, but once you see what's happening, easy enough.

Not sure of the actual distribution with the free package, how effective it'll be, but supposedly any advertising is better than none.

And that's how I spent my time from 9:05 till 9:12 this morning.

Robert<><>

sherin

Registered
Reaction score
It is very useful site. It helps to post others about their new edition. So it is called press free site. It also acts as an advertisement. Novelist has got very good opportunity for adding comment about their script. Then interesting one can move through it.
======================================
sherin
Save up to 65% on ink from HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & other major printer ink brands from ConcordSupplies.com

http://www.concordsupplies.com/printer-ink.htmlprinterink

C.F. Jackson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.WebsiteMakeoverWorkshop.com
Thanks!

I also must be missing something. What is free and what is it that they advertise which you have to pay for? They seem to only want business press release. Is that so? Will they print a "press release" which you make up which in essence is a pitch to sell your book? Do you have to register as a business or can you register as an individual?

Hi Scope,

You being an author and having a product or
service makes for a business. :)

When it comes to creating and submitting a
press release bring value to it by discussing
a topic within your book.

For example, my novel is about obsession. So
I thoroughly researched this topic and wrote
an article about it. I mentioned my novel in the
about the author session.

So take a look at your work and frame it to
capture
the eye of your audience through an
article. It's
like writing a "research paper"
for the sake of
drawing attention to YOU!

This is a great list!

I've used many of them. And they are free.
Like a true
business, they desire to generate
profit so they
will ask you to upgrade for
other perks. Very much
understandable, right?

Continue to make it happen!

Won't Be Denied,
CF-

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
CF mentions some good tips - however, they are not really valid for press releases but rather for what is known as article marketing. Article marketing is a great way to build backlinks and drive traffic to your site, so it is well worth while to do some.

There are tons of article directories that you then submit your article to, a small list of free article directories for online book promotion can be found here.

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
I just went through the hoops with the PR.com site. It's tricky to stay out of the paid zones, but once you see what's happening, easy enough.

Not sure of the actual distribution with the free package, how effective it'll be, but supposedly any advertising is better than none.

And that's how I spent my time from 9:05 till 9:12 this morning.

Robert<><>

I did that recently also, then got an e-mail saying "press release denied"

Robert Farley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertfarley.com
I did that recently also, then got an e-mail saying "press release denied"
They should list a reason for it. I got one because I tried to sneak a webpage URL in the copy. This particular place (I forget which one it was) allowed one URL that you put in a special place.

I've also found that after some of these go out, emails from people wanting to sell marketing increased. Book sales, not so much.

Robert<><>

C.F. Jackson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.WebsiteMakeoverWorkshop.com
CF mentions some good tips - however, they are not really valid for press releases but rather for what is known as article marketing. Article marketing is a great way to build backlinks and drive traffic to your site, so it is well worth while to do some.

There are tons of article directories that you then submit your article to, a small list of free article directories for online book promotion can be found here.

Flash Gordon,

In what way are they not valid for press
releases?

I have submitted several news releases
that are structure around what is news
worthy for any entity seeking quality
content.

Many of these news releases have been
syndicated and some have gotten me on
the radio as well.

When it comes to fiction and news releases,
it's more than just making an annoucement.
No. It's about capturing a readers attention
to the value of your book.

Yes, it may be fiction, however it addresses
something that's relevant in society.

I suggest doing some research on press releases

at www.PRWeb.com and learn as much as you
can. Even Google it and see what's needed. :)

News releases get syndicated very quickly because
of the content. Everyone wants quality content
may it be an article or a news release.

Make sure you have an excellent week!

Won't Be Denied,
C.F. Jackson

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
Good points C.F., sorry if I misunderstood your earlier post. Yes, press releases are great for promoting your book, writing, etc. They do get syndicated very fast, and as you say, can get you interviews or booked for other events.

I've just gone over the entire list and updated them all. Each site listed has a free package for getting your press release distributed.

Free Press Release Sites for Book Marketing and Promotion

Cheers.

loudsavlon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eagray.co.uk
Thanks for this great list. A lot of really valuable work collecting that info

(and you can list for free on them. Not sure where the confussion was. Just click FREE) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.