What's in your garden?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking veggie, but if you want to tell me about your roses, that's cool too.

I've got tomatoes, squash (straight and crooked neck), zucchini, egg plants, peppers, corn, & green beans.

I also have thyme, chives, basil, garlic, mint, chamomile, and sage.

128296973507657500iizplantinbu.jpg

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
I've got snow in my garden again, but underneath that snow everything is ready for planting!!

And I have roses, and daffodils and hyacinth and crocuses and tulips...
tomatoes and peppers are doing well in the greenhouse,

... I've got 1.5 acres of gardens! This could take a while... :D

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I have exactly one miniature rose which was in fact blooming when I recieved it for Valentine's Day, but I have not figured out how to make it bloom since. Do I have to wait another year or what?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have exactly one miniature rose which was in fact blooming when I recieved it for Valentine's Day, but I have not figured out how to make it bloom since. Do I have to wait another year or what?

Prune it and feed it. Roses only bloom on new growth.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
You telling me I need to buy a cow to feed my plant?

Talk about little shop of horrors.

I don't think it will fit on my balcony!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can buy a good slow release fertilizer. Once you've pruned it, just let it grow. How often it blooms depends on what type of rose it is. But it WILL bloom more than once a year, Jo.

Give Spooky his cow back. He needs to fertilizer his neighbor's grave.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
I've got snow in my garden again, but underneath that snow everything is ready for planting!!

And I have roses, and daffodils and hyacinth and crocuses and tulips...
tomatoes and peppers are doing well in the greenhouse,

... I've got 1.5 acres of gardens! This could take a while... :D
Huge garden, you have! Wow! I rent a cottage on 6 acres w/ 2 other houses. Landlord and their daughter/husband are moving in soon. I usually do container planting. Try to fool the deer and other critters. Tomatoes and all kinds of annuals. Basil, too.

Prune it and feed it. Roses only bloom on new growth.
Cut just below the grouping of 5 leaves, I think.

You telling me I need to buy a cow to feed my plant?

Talk about little shop of horrors.

I don't think it will fit on my balcony!
A miniature cow. They sell balcony size.

You can buy a good slow release fertilizer. Once you've pruned it, just let it grow. How often it blooms depends on what type of rose it is. But it WILL bloom more than once a year, Jo.

Give Spooky his cow back. He needs to fertilizer his neighbor's grave.
How else is a dead guy supposed to come back to life.

OFG, your garden is gorgeous!!

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I've got some bulbs just poking up, and the thyme, oregano and lavender are all greening up.

The Man is in charge of tomatoes and I'll be doing everything else. Basil, rosemary, dill, sage, arugula, peas, zucchini, cucumbers, and lettuce by the front porch for the bunny (I'm hoping if I feed him near his home, he'll stay away from the rest of the garden).

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful garden OGF!

My garden is a mix of tilled ground and containers. We are about to get pounded by a rainstorm. I hope it doesn't hail. :(

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I grow things in my garden for my bunnies, Jenn (but they are the domestic pet variety).

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Is there some sort of weird attraction between men and tomatoes? My dad has obsessed over growing the best tomatoes every year since I was about six. Nothing else. Just tomatoes.

Dunno, but last year he had the cherry tomatoes producing bunches. They looked like big red grapes! I couldn't give them away fast enough. This year I'm going to try canning and saucing them.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
treepumpkin.jpg

Tree pumpkins...:D

:ROFL:we freaked out the neighbors by planting a bunch of pumpkins under our trees. They grew up and into the apricot tree... and they were beautiful, perfect round pumpkins without any blemishes at all (until we left em too long and a couple of them smashed to the ground, but the birds didn't think that was so bad :))

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:we freaked out the neighbors by planting a bunch of pumpkins under our trees. They grew up and into the apricot tree... and they were beautiful, perfect round pumpkins without any blemishes at all (until we left em too long and a couple of them smashed to the ground, but the birds didn't think that was so bad :))

That pumpkin was in the back yard of a customer I did work for last year. He likes to grow 'Big Max' pumpkins for fun. He swears he would measure a few in the morning and come home in the afternoon only to find they grew inches bigger during the day. Some of the ones I saw were in the 150 pound range and bigger.

I was thinking of giving them a try...but he warned me growing them can be addictive. So I'm steering clear. :D