Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Maryn, who works for a huge legal publisher, just shared this link with me. Essentially, a publisher in China has taken both text and illustrations from a website, published it in print, and is now distributing the book in Spain and Japan (and who knows where else).

The Azur Company lifted text word-for-word from Darren Di Lieto's The Little Chimp Society website and helped itself to illustrations by Luc Latulippe, publishing their theft under the name Colorful Illustrations 93°C. The 350-page book sells for $100 and comes with a CD of the illustrations to make stealing and redistributing Luc's work even easier.

The publisher, Great Creativity organization, also used a fake ISBN number. Copies have been located in Spain and Japan, where owners have refused to pull it from their shelves, saying they need proof.

I'm posting this to comply with Luc's request, that writers and readers everywhere protest this practice and spread the word. Any legal types care to suggest further action or probable outcome?

Maryn, whose hubby brings home the most interesting things

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
China is one of the largest plagiarism countries. There's literally hundreds of pub versions of Harry Potter's adventures by 'fans' selling all over.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
A Chinese publisher also contacted me about a year or so ago. But they followed up.

Ray, who wonders if illegal, plagiarized copies of his book are being sold in China and Asia...

Status
Not open for further replies.