PDA

View Full Version : OYE!

KrishnaJewel
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
OK what gives!?

Why doesnt my post count update properly??

I know for a fact that I have four more posts than my counter says...I have been watching and it doesnt always update. WHY?

~~~~

AAARRGGH! I should now have 55 posts....it says I have 48!

Voyager
04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
because Office Party posts don't count.

melaniehoo
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
It sucks. I'd have about a million by now.

KrishnaJewel
04-23-2008, 10:59 PM
OH! I didnt know that! Ok....thats good to know and thanks...I was ready to beat my head on the keyboard!

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 11:00 PM
They used to let posts about post counts count, but it caused a warp in the space-time continuum and so they stuffed the Office Party threads in there to prevent the whole universe from leaking out.

melaniehoo
04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
OH! I didnt know that! Ok....thats good to know and thanks...I was ready to beat my head on the keyboard!

Wait till a mod moves a thread from a writing forum to the Office Party. Your post count drops back down, right before your disbelieving eyes. Screaming doesn't help.

KrishnaJewel
04-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Wait till a mod moves a thread from a writing forum to the Office Party. Your post count drops back down, right before your disbelieving eyes. Screaming doesn't help.

Oh thats a drag!

melaniehoo
04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
<<< Hey look. You have 50 posts so now you can change your user title, I believe. Or your avatar. One of those...

Voyager
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
It sucks. I'd have about a million by now. I'd have a Brazillion

LOL, don't do that.

melaniehoo
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd have a Brazillion.

I can't believe I missed an opportunity to use my new favorite word. Oh well, I'll use my second: dilligaf. :D

Voyager
04-23-2008, 11:26 PM
I can't believe I missed an opportunity to use my new favorite word. Oh well, I'll use my second: dilligaf. :DFLOFL! :roll:

Yeshanu
04-23-2008, 11:39 PM
It sucks. I'd have about a million by now.

Which is about eleven million less than Ray would have...

melaniehoo
04-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Which is about eleven million less than Ray would have...

Good point.

Matera the Mad
04-24-2008, 04:18 AM
They used to let posts about post counts count, but it caused a warp in the space-time continuum and so they stuffed the Office Party threads in there to prevent the whole universe from leaking out.
Space-time continuum warps are a bitch, but they're great plot stuff. Besides, my MC wouldn't exist without one, :hooray:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-24-2008, 04:22 AM

But, on the other hand, if I were to move an Office Party thread into the writing forum... Bingo! :)

(I accept significant and appropriate bribes.)

:)

SpookyWriter
04-24-2008, 04:43 AM
But, on the other hand, if I were to move an Office Party thread into the writing forum... Bingo! :)

(I accept significant and appropriate bribes.)

:)Dino tried that with the erotica forum. I wound up neked and speaking Shakespeare.

underthecity
04-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Call me a buzzkill, but posts in other forums, say the Writing Novels forum, do tend to add up. Contribute often and your post count will skyrocket.

allen

Smiling Ted
04-24-2008, 04:50 AM
I'd have a Brazillion.

Don't do that. They sting.

Komnena
04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Posts in Writing Exercises count and are fun too.

KrishnaJewel
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Space-time continuum warps are a bitch, but they're great plot stuff. Besides, my MC wouldn't exist without one, :hooray:

LOL! Thanks for the first laugh of the morning! :D

Dino tried that with the erotica forum. I wound up neked and speaking Shakespeare.

LOL and for the second!

Don't do that. They sting.

And for the third!

:D :snoopy:

<<< Hey look. You have 50 posts so now you can change your user title, I believe. Or your avatar. One of those...

And now I cry....:cry:I have 50 posts and 21 rep points -- according to the FAQ I need 50 posts and at least 10 rep points....

SO WHY CANT I UPLOAD AN AVATAR!? :rant:

KrishnaJewel
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
AT LAST! Whoo Hoo! I had to get to 52 posts and 22 rep points before it would let me...but I finally have my own Avatar. :snoopy:

melaniehoo
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Congratulations. :D

paprikapink
04-24-2008, 09:02 PM
And it's a byoot!

KrishnaJewel
04-24-2008, 11:47 PM
And it's a byoot!

byoot? :-s

Silver King
04-25-2008, 12:07 AM
AT LAST! Whoo Hoo! I had to get to 52 posts and 22 rep points before it would let me...but I finally have my own Avatar. :snoopy:
I like it; and the username you chose is very cool also. :)

paprikapink
04-25-2008, 12:19 AM
byoot? :-s

Uh, yeah....doesn't everybody say "byoot?" You know, like the Byooty and Beast, only without the "-y and the beast" parts. Um, right? Everybody says that ...don't they?

melaniehoo
04-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Uh, yeah....doesn't everybody say "byoot?" You know, like the Byooty and Beast, only without the "-y and the beast" parts. Um, right? Everybody says that ...don't they?

I knew what you meant. ;)

Voyager
04-25-2008, 01:10 AM
I always thought it was two words. You know, Bee Yoot

melaniehoo
04-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Is that like Beetroot?

Ken
04-25-2008, 02:13 AM
this is news to my ears.
Always thought that the only posts that didn't count were ones in your own thread.
Not sure how I came to that conclusion.
Time for some reflection...

Silver King
04-25-2008, 02:34 AM
this is news to my ears.
Always thought that the only posts that didn't count were ones in your own thread.
Not sure how I came to that conclusion.
Time for some reflection...
Your posts in Office Party and Take it Outside don't count toward your total, but they do indeed count in another, more important way: No matter what you say, your voice is being heard by countless people, your thoughts shared among a vast community that cares to listen. That's something numbers don't account for.

paprikapink
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Your posts in Office Party and Take it Outside don't count toward your total, but they do indeed count in another, more important way: No matter what you say, your voice is being heard by countless people, your thoughts shared among a vast community that cares to listen......

....and to repeat, and copy, and link to, and maybe even take out of context, twist, distort, or even just remind you long after you've changed your mind or eaten those words, or at least wished you coulda....

Voyager
04-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Your posts in Office Party and Take it Outside don't count toward your total, but they do indeed count in another, more important way: No matter what you say, your voice is being heard by countless people, your thoughts shared among a vast community that cares to listen. That's something numbers don't account for.
That's such a dad thing to say, :D.