Another Marine Life question .....

Overkill

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
This is a two-fold question. Part 1-what would generally be considered the most intelligent of all marine life? Part 2- What would generally be considered the most feared, most dangerous thing that swims in the sea?

I guess by the asking you might figure that i am wondering if you were to take those two things and put them togerther what you would have.

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Anything living on this planet has two sides. Dolphins are considered very intelligent. They can also be dangerous. Sharks are considered very dangerous. They are also very intelligent.

Giant squids are equally estimated to be both intelligent and dangerous, as are whales, killer whales and what have you.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Sea snakes are deadly venomous beasties as well. Certain jellyfish (man of war for ex.) stings can cause paralysis and excruciating pain ending in asphyxiation when the lungs can't expand. Morays can deliver a painful bite and most of them are bad tempered too. Certain conical shell critters have a black needle that they stick out and poke whatever grabs them. This venom can be fatal. We have a type here 2" long max of the cone shells and I make sure there's no one home when I pick one up to add to my shell collection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_snail

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Great Cthulhu

Last edited:

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
1. The Orca.

Its brain is 4 times the size of that of humans; it is the largest brain on earth.

2. The Orca.

Though not dangerous to humans, no other marine animal can match them. They routinely kill both Great White Sharks, and other (much larger!) whales. The reason that they are not dangerous to humans is that they generally don't attack them. If they did, they would be very dangerous indeed.

orca-killer-whale.jpg

Last edited: