PDA

View Full Version : Do you tip at Sonic?

III
04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Just wondering if there's a universal etiquette to modern drive-up dining.

http://67.88.68.235/images/logos/soniclogo.gif

cray
04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
no

maestrowork
04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Tip what? I know how to tip a cow.

III
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Tip what? I know how to tip a cow.

What restaurant has cows for waiters? They're the food.

RumpleTumbler
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes. I tip right around 20% everywhere I go. Good or bad service.

Person might be having a bad day.

maestrowork
04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
What restaurant has cows for waiters?

The strip clubs you frequent, I suppose.

III

Even fast food?

Jersey Chick
We have commercials for Sonic, but I don't know that there's one anywhere near us. So, I guess no - I don't tip there. ;)

III
04-22-2008, 09:47 PM
The strip clubs you frequent, I suppose.

Well I do live in Texas. You find me a better $2 table dance and I'll go there.

RumpleTumbler
04-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Even fast food?

Not if I go in or go through a drive through....but at Sonic they bring it to the car. I figure if they're delivering the food to a table or car I tip.

paprikapink
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I choose "only if...." because I tipped the first time I went there -- she was on roller skates, for bleepin's sake! -- which was also the first week or so after they opened. After that, I felt kinda dumb if I tipped. The only other fast food we patronize is In N' Out, and who's to tip? It all goes by in a blur, can't tell one funny-hatter from the next. Plus, my understanding is that, at In N' Out, they actually pay the employees.

III
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I choose "only if...." because I tipped the first time I went there -- she was on roller skates, for bleepin's sake! -- which was also the first week or so after they opened. After that, I felt kinda dumb if I tipped. The only other fast food we patronize is In N' Out, and who's to tip? It all goes by in a blur, can't tell one funny-hatter from the next. Plus, my understanding is that, at In N' Out, they actually pay the employees.

Plus they get to wear those wicked cool giant safety pins that could kill a baby elephant (if one were so inclined. I think they make you sign a pledge when you start working there that you will not use it to kill baby elephants but most of them probably do anyway.)

WendyNYC
04-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd tip, if I ever went to Sonic. I worked as a bartender in college and people would tip me just to draw a beer and hand it to them. So delivering food on rollerskates deserves a tip, IMO.

mscelina
04-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes. The 'car hops' at Sonic rely upon tips for their income. My daughters both did their time at Sonic in high school.

WendyNYC
04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes. The 'car hops' at Sonic rely upon tips for their income. My daughters both did their time at Sonic in high school.
Curious -- do they get paid less than minimum wage?

jennontheisland
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Never been to a Sonic, but if I have to pay for food before I get it I don't tip.

maestrowork
04-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Never been to a Sonic, but if I have to pay for food before I get it I don't tip.

Even if they bring you the food, fill up your water glasses, and clean your table after you're done?

I always tip if there's any kind of service. I used to be a waiter, so I know how every penny counts.

III
04-22-2008, 10:06 PM

That's what I always assumed too, but this weekend my sister mentioned that she always tips at Sonic, which had never even occurred to me. I have a feeling I need to make a trip to my local Sonic and start throwing money out the window to make up for years of not tipping.

CACTUSWENDY
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
For those that do not understand why he is asking this....this last year Sonic started a system that you drive to a box...give your order and then drive on around and wait in line for a 'live' person to bring it to you. No window service like most places. I see they are doing that with all of their places....at least here in Arizona.

I think it is a rip off, but i do give a tip. Not sure what wages the kids are making, but figure it is not much. It use to be you ordered then drove up to the window and paid....no tip.

I hope the other fast food places do not start this.

maestrowork
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
That's what I always assumed too, but this weekend my sister mentioned that she always tips at Sonic, which had never even occurred to me. I have a feeling I need to make a trip to my local Sonic and start throwing money out the window to make up for years of not tipping.

Or just accept that you're fracking cheap.

SPMiller
04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Significantly less. They rely upon tips to make up the difference.

I had friends in high school (late 90s) who worked at Sonic, and they were getting somewhere in the low $2 per hour range.

AnnieColleen
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
We do. (And it works out -- we love their mints; it usually gets us a handful of extra mints rather than 1-2. :D)

We still have the window service, though, or did last time I was there.

CaroGirl
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm guessing this poll is not intended for me. I picked "What is Sonic?" because we don't have one in these here parts.

WendyNYC
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Significantly less. They rely upon tips to make up the difference.

I had friends in high school (late 90s) who worked at Sonic, and they were getting somewhere in the low $2 per hour range.

That's about what I made as a bartender, but the tips made up the difference and then some (when were were busy--if there was a snowstorm, no).

SPMiller
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
That's about what I made as a bartender, but the tips made up the difference and then some (when were were busy--if there was a snowstorm, no).
Most people do know to tip bartenders. I hope. Isn't necessarily the case with Sonic.

For the benefit of those without access to the Sonic fast food chain:

I'm in the Dallas area, so things may be different elsewhere. I haven't been to Sonic in a few years, but last time I went, they still used the stall system where you pull into a parking spot with the menu and speaker and everything. You order as if at a drive-through. Then they carry the food out. Now, you can either pay with cash when they hand you the food, or you can pay immediately after you place the order via plastic.

As far as I know, the payment scheme for their carhops hasn't changed, but it could have...

writerterri
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Sonic is gross if you ask me. Did someone ask me?

III
04-22-2008, 10:43 PM
For those that do not understand why he is asking this....this last year Sonic started a system that you drive to a box...give your order and then drive on around and wait in line for a 'live' person to bring it to you. No window service like most places. I see they are doing that with all of their places....at least here in Arizona.

I think it is a rip off, but i do give a tip. Not sure what wages the kids are making, but figure it is not much. It use to be you ordered then drove up to the window and paid....no tip.

The Sonics here in San Antonio still have the old school drive-up where you park, order into a box and they bring it out to you. I love to go there at lunch and sit in my convertible and read a book whilst sipping on a strawberry smoothie. Oh, and they don't wear roller skates.

Or just accept that you're fracking cheap.

I am cheap, but not on tipping. I've never even thought about tipping for fast food, though, particularly because I never have cash and just pay using a debit card, so there's no way to tip. Guess I'll have to start keeping some dollar bills in my car just for Sonic.

III
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM

I agree, most of their food is gross but their smoothies are really good and their grilled chicken sandwiches are okay.

johnnysannie
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM

That's interesting. Sonic here - and we have a big, brand new one - is still the drive in, read the menu, push the button, talk to the box at your parking slot, then wait for a live person (no longer on roller skates, here) to bring the food out. They do also have a drive through as well, something the old facility lacked.

Same for all the Sonics in the immediate (100 mile radius) so far.

I hope it stays that way.

Tink
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I agree, most of their food is gross but their smoothies are really good and their grilled chicken sandwiches are okay.
I love their grilled chicken sandwiches on that cimbalta bread...I hope I spelled the bread name correctly.

I tip anytime I sit in Sonic's fine dining room...:ROFL:

III
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I tip anytime I sit in Sonic's fine dining room...:ROFL:

You mean the one with this picture on the door?

http://store.theexitstore.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/unisex-sign-braill.gif

jennontheisland
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Even if they bring you the food, fill up your water glasses, and clean your table after you're done?

I always tip if there's any kind of service. I used to be a waiter, so I know how every penny counts.

Yup.

I think most us have been servers at some point in time, no need to play the martyr. I myself have worked fast food, coffee shops and restaurants.

I do tip the delivery guy for the pizza...does that count? or am I still going to be labelled as "cheap" even though my usual restaurant amount is 20%?

Tink
04-22-2008, 10:58 PM
You mean the one with this picture on the door?

http://store.theexitstore.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/unisex-sign-braill.gif Yeah, thats the one...how did u know?

III
04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah, thats the one...how did u know?

Don't eat the big mints

melaniehoo
04-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I voted No despite having never eaten at a Sonic, but now that I see they deliver to your car, I'd like to change my answer. I used to wait tables for $2.13/hour and my tips usually involved praise from the customer that I was the best waitress they'd had in years and a dollar in my pocket.

SpookyWriter
04-23-2008, 12:39 AM
No, but I'll give Mary Jane a big tip if she's good.

Devil Ledbetter
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
I've never eaten at a Sonic, but we have A&W's here, similar concept, and I always tip the server.

I don't tip the seagulls, though.

Melisande
04-23-2008, 01:57 AM

I tip where it has been deserved. I don't care if the waiter/waitress had a bad day. They showed up for work and are supposed to answer up to their work discription. Would you also tip a bank clerk who miscalculated your bank deposit just because he/she had 'a bad day'?

Never been to a Sonic myself, 'cause here in town it almost comes with a food poisoning guarantee.

Silver King
04-23-2008, 02:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I've tried eating there a couple of times and couldn't finish either meal. I didn't think any fast food joint could be as bad as Checkers, but they're close.

RumpleTumbler
04-23-2008, 05:41 AM
I tip where it has been deserved. I don't care if the waiter/waitress had a bad day. They showed up for work and are supposed to answer up to their work discription. Would you also tip a bank clerk who miscalculated your bank deposit just because he/she had 'a bad day'?

Do you normally tip bank tellers?

mscelina
04-23-2008, 05:44 AM

Yes. They get paid more than the standard 2.13 per hour for servers, but less than minimum wage. I think (don't quote me) that the girls were paid $3.50 an hour.

RumpleTumbler
04-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Yes. They get paid more than the standard 2.13 per hour for servers, but less than minimum wage. I think (don't quote me) that the girls were paid $3.50 an hour.

Wow.....so they only have to work 14.5 hours to fill my crappy car up with gas.

Yeah....they're alright, no tipping required. :rolleyes:

jennontheisland
04-23-2008, 06:24 AM

I'm confused. They get paid less than minimum wage? If you can get paid less than minimum wage, what's the point of having a minimum wage?

And is $3.50 really minimum wage? Holy crap. Where? 1982??

SPMiller
04-23-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm confused. They get paid less than minimum wage? If you can get paid less than minimum wage, what's the point of having a minimum wage?

And is $3.50 really minimum wage? Holy crap. Where? 1982??
It's not uncommon in the US food service industry for serving staff to earn less than minimum. As we've mentioned before, their employers assume that tips, when pooled and redistributed evenly amongst the servers, will bring their wages over minimum.

Which isn't always true, but the law allows them to do it, so they do.

jennontheisland
04-23-2008, 06:34 AM
It's not uncommon in the US food service industry for serving staff to earn less than minimum. As we've mentioned before, their employers assume that tips, when pooled and redistributed evenly amongst the servers, will bring their wages over minimum.

Which isn't always true, but the law allows them to do it, so they do.

Wow, that is so not legal in Canada. I'm stunned.

SPMiller
04-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Wow, that is so not legal in Canada. I'm stunned.
Hey, I never said it was a good thing. I'm just tellin it like it is :D

Melisande
04-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Do you normally tip bank tellers?

No, I expect them to do their job well, as I also do with waiters in restaurants. If the waiter deserves a tip, I will tip, and generously too. If not, no tip - simple as that. But to be quite honest, I wouldn't mind tipping bank tellers if they deserved it.

Bravo
04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
to quote mr. pink:

I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

i've never heard of sonic, so i have no clue about the etiquette there - i do tip at sit-down restaurants - but i think the entire tipping culture is pathetically idiotic and fake. it's not my fault employers dont pay their people enough.

i shouldnt be paying people for doing their jobs. it annoys the hell out of me actually.

kristie911
04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I've never eaten at a Sonic, but we have A&W's here, similar concept, and I always tip the server.

I'm totally jealous. All of our A&W's closed over here. I used to love those places. *starts planning a road trip*

As far as Sonic, I've never been to one...I'm not even sure I've ever seen one. I'm guessing I'd have to travel at least 2 hours to find one.

Joe270
04-23-2008, 08:10 AM
i've never heard of sonic, so i have no clue about the etiquette there - i do tip at sit-down restaurants - but i think the entire tipping culture is pathetically idiotic and fake. it's not my fault employers dont pay their people enough.

i shouldnt be paying people for doing their jobs. it annoys the hell out of me actually.

I am with Bravo on this.

The employees at Sonic get paid the same as the employees at other fast food joints. I don't tip at Taco Bell, why would I tip at Sonic?

It doesn't matter that they are bringing out the bag. When the local Wendy's gets busy, they hoof it out to cars so they can keep the drive-thru going. No one tips them.

Also, when I had a business in San Antonio, I had lots of employees who either worked for Sonic before or worked at both Sonic and my place (the Sonic was right behind us). I asked them about the tips, and they said they very rarely got any tips.

Personally, I don't like Sonic's fare, but I would go there more often if it wasn't for the tipping deal. I just think it's wrong.

Now if they took my order, set up a side-tray, delivered dinner, got a re-fill on a drink, got desert, then presented the bill to my car at Sonic, hell, yes, I'd tip 15%.

Does anyone tip the grocery baggers who help take the bags out to the car anymore?

plaidearthworm
04-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I've worked out my own strange tip system for Sonic: less if I park right in front of the door, more if I'm parked down at the end. Average for the teenybopper car hop, but if she's even close to my age, I tip more, because but for the grace of the Flying Spaghetti God, that could have been me.

Bravo
04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Does anyone tip the grocery baggers who help take the bags out to the car anymore?

i would give a couple bucks for that.

JoNightshade
04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Sonic the hedgehog?

benbradley
04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I've never been to Sonic, though I've seen a few around Atlanta, because, well, I've been to Krystal, and I've even seen a White Castle when I was up north, and well...I can feel my arteries constricting and my chest tightening just thinking about it. Excuse me while I take my chloresterol pill.

And the tipping thing - yeah, I guess I'd tip if I went, as I always leave reasonable tips in restaurants, but there's something about the idea of a man my age giving money to a teenage girl on roler skates that I fear would get police attention, so it's just as well I don't go there...

JoNightshade
04-23-2008, 08:43 AM
PS I dunno what weirdo states you guys are living in, but hereabouts in California we gots us some laws that says waiters and waitresses haveta be paid at LEAST minimum wage.

kct webber
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
I don't tip for fast food--Sonic or not. I also don't tip for bad service. Having a bad day is not an excuse, IMO; I've had bad days and still had to do my job well. However, if the service is good, I tip generously. (I'll also tip if my waiter is horribly busy, but trying hard anyway.)

JimmyB27
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
No, but I have a Sonic tip. If you press up, down, left, right and then hold A-Start at the opening menu, you can pick which level you start on.

(You may need to have been a gamer in the nineties to get this).

Devil Ledbetter
04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
PS I dunno what weirdo states you guys are living in, but hereabouts in California we gots us some laws that says waiters and waitresses haveta be paid at LEAST minimum wage.In Michigan, jobs where the employee can "expect" tips as income often pay a sub-minimum wage. In 2006, the legal sub-minimum was only $2.65 per hour. It was supposed to go up a little, I think to around $4/hr, but whatever it is now, it's still below minimum wage.

Workers in fast food restaurants get paid the full minimum wage, because tips aren't expected there. But workers at places like A&W and Sonic - any place where the food is normally brought out to the customer - get paid the sub-minimum, because patrons are expected to tip.

So if you're out of state and stop at a car-hop restaurant, I hope you'll tip even if you classify it as "fast food."

KTC
04-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm guessing this poll is not intended for me. I picked "What is Sonic?" because we don't have one in these here parts.

Ditto. I thought Sonic was a hedgehog?

KTC
04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
No, but I have a Sonic tip. If you press up, down, left, right and then hold A-Start at the opening menu, you can pick which level you start on.

(You may need to have been a gamer in the nineties to get this).

I get it.

Devil Ledbetter
04-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Ditto. I thought Sonic was a hedgehog?Sonic hedgehog is a also a gene, mutations on which cause holoprosencephaly. FACT.

KTC
04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Sonic hedgehog is a also a gene, mutations on which cause holoprosencephaly. FACT.

Let's try to keep the brain out of this, shall we. It's too early in the morning.

Jcomp
04-23-2008, 05:58 PM
I stopped going to Sonic just to skip this entire tip-or-no-tip dilemma. I have no problem with tipping at restaurants when the service is good, but if all you're doing is walking out a milkshake to me, I'm sorry, but no. No no no. The damn shake cost 2 bucks, I'm gonna give you a 50% - 100% tip? How the hell does that work?

johnnysannie
04-23-2008, 06:07 PM

I could count on one hand and have fingers left over how many times the grocery bagger has carried my groceries to the car in the last two years.

Most of the supermarkets that I go to have the cashier sack up the groceries.

I had begun to believe that the grocery bagger taking groceries to your car was a thing of the past along with a fuel attendant who puts gas in your car!

I do, however, tip in sit down restaurants, tip the pizza delivery person, tip the hair dresser (unless he or she does a really bad job), and the person who cleans the hotel room, again if they do a good job.

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
At our local grocery stores it's standard for the bagger (er, courtesy clerk) to take your cart out to your car and unload your bags for you. I think they do it so we don't steal the carts.

In Yerp shoppers get edgy if a clerk handles their purchases. Walmart encountered culture shock with that when they tried bagging the groceries for their German customers. Customers bring their own bags and want to fill them themselves, thankyouverrymuch.

Devil Ledbetter
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I stopped going to Sonic just to skip this entire tip-or-no-tip dilemma. I have no problem with tipping at restaurants when the service is good, but if all you're doing is walking out a milkshake to me, I'm sorry, but no. No no no. The damn shake cost 2 bucks, I'm gonna give you a 50% - 100% tip? How the hell does that work?Yes, you're going to give a generous tip because the server schlepping your tray out to your car and back in again is getting less than minimum wage, based on the fact that you're expected to tip her.

If you ordered that shake at a real restaurant, it'd be $8 and you'd pay the server 20% or and additional $1.60 for her services. If you give the server at Sonic $1.60 tip for delivering a $2 shake, it's still a bargain.

johnnysannie
04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Yes, you're going to give a generous tip because the server schlepping your tray out to your car and back in again is getting less than minimum wage, based on the fact that you're expected to tip her.

If you ordered that shake at a real restaurant, it'd be $8 and you'd pay the server 20% or and additional $1.60 for her services. If you give the server at Sonic $1.60 tip for delivering a $2 shake, it's still a bargain.

In a real restaurant, you don't eat in your car.

I'll be honest - although I do tip and fairly generously (as in my earlier post), I have never tipped at Sonic. I don't go there all that much but in all honesty I don't think I have ever seen anyone who did tip at Sonic in my area and I've known several people who car hopped there at one time.

If the basis for giving someone a tip is that they earn less than minimum wage, should we then tip the janitor who makes the floors clean in places we patronize (or cleans the restrooms) or the clerk at the dollar general store because he or she is nice? Or the trash collector? If making less than minimum was the sole gauge, there would be a lot mroe tipping.

C.bronco
04-23-2008, 09:05 PM
What restaurant has cows for waiters? They're the food.
That's the joy of it: they serve themselves, and then you don't have to tip them. In fact, you can take their remnants home in a doggie bag.
See now, you just gave me a great idea for a chain of theme restaurants. Thanks Three!

Bravo
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Yes, you're going to give a generous tip because the server schlepping your tray out to your car and back in again is getting less than minimum wage, based on the fact that you're expected to tip her.

everyone should go tell sonic to start paying their employees more.

it's their fault that theyre delusional about fast food service.

If you give the server at Sonic $1.60 tip for delivering a $2 shake, it's still a bargain

those shakes had better be able to make me piss out gold because there is no other reason to pay $1.60 more for something i can get anywhere else.

Devil Ledbetter
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
everyone should go tell sonic to start paying their employees more.

it's their fault that theyre delusional about fast food service.

those shakes had better be able to make me piss out gold because there is no other reason to pay $1.60 more for something i can get anywhere else.Way to completely miss the point, Bravo.:rolleyes:

Devil Ledbetter
04-23-2008, 09:28 PM
If the basis for giving someone a tip is that they earn less than minimum wage, should we then tip the janitor who makes the floors clean in places we patronize (or cleans the restrooms) or the clerk at the dollar general store because he or she is nice? Or the trash collector? If making less than minimum was the sole gauge, there would be a lot mroe tipping.That's not the basis, though. The point is, because they are expected to earn tips, they are paid less than minimum wage. Patrons are supposed to make up the difference, in tips for service.

The fact is, the janitor probably works for a union and makes more than minimum wage.

When tightwads patrons refuse to tip them based on the notion that their food being brought to their car, rather than a table, "doesn't count" as service then those hardworking servers don't earn enough to, I dunno, maybe buy groceries like their counterparts at A. "real" restaurants or B. Fast food joints that pay full minimum wage.

If you guys can't grasp this concept, I can't help you.

WendyNYC
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
If the basis for giving someone a tip is that they earn less than minimum wage, should we then tip the janitor who makes the floors clean in places we patronize (or cleans the restrooms) or the clerk at the dollar general store because he or she is nice? Or the trash collector? If making less than minimum was the sole gauge, there would be a lot mroe tipping.

All of those people make minimum wage, at least. To pay them less would be illegal. Only people who make tips get paid less than minimum wage, legally.

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Anyone know if it's still true that waitpeople are required to report and pay taxes on their tips? The restaurant is s'posed to report all the servers' orders to the IRS. The waitperson pays tax on a percent (I don't remember what it is) of those orders. So even if you aren't tipping, the server still owes taxes on it.

Last I knew of this, taxi drivers, however, are not taxed on their tips.

I have to admit that has always bugged me. Maybe someone can report that it's not true any more? My information is pretty old; from when I lived with my sister who is a Career Waitress.

III
04-23-2008, 10:23 PM
That's the joy of it: they serve themselves, and then you don't have to tip them. In fact, you can take their remnants home in a doggie bag.
See now, you just gave me a great idea for a chain of theme restaurants. Thanks Three!

You look like such a normal, sweet, well-adjusted person, Coconuts but your imagination frightens me sometimes.

Perks
04-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I keep reading this title as 'Do you sip at tonic'

Oddly, I've been craving gin ever since this thread launched.

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Me too, Perks! Once again, III contributes to the board's general delinquincy.

delinquintzy? delinkwentsee? deeleakwhincy? some words ya shouldn't look at too long.

Bravo
04-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

yet another memorable quote from Mr. Pink.

anything that needs to be said about this subject was already said in reservoir dogs.

LOCK THREAD

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 11:04 PM
...And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

yet another memorable quote from Mr. Pink.

anything that needs to be said about this subject was already said in reservoir dogs.

LOCK THREAD

Me?

Bravo
04-23-2008, 11:08 PM
yeah you have a dirty mouth

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
one side of my brain wants to ask you what you're talking about...the other side says, run away! run away!

Bravo
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
youve never seen resevoir dogs?

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 11:12 PM
no. too scary.

Bravo
04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
no wonder why i thought you were a chick.

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 11:21 PM
i've been outted!

also, i missed a whole page of this thread and now i found it, and with it a clue about this tight-fisted mr. pink, of whom you are ...a disciple?

no relation, btw.

Joe270
04-24-2008, 01:31 AM
:roll:

That was a priceless exchange, thanks Bravo, Mr. Pink.

paprikapink
04-24-2008, 01:39 AM
And this is what 84.6% of conversations between the sexes go like....

johnnysannie
04-24-2008, 01:51 AM
All of those people make minimum wage, at least. To pay them less would be illegal. Only people who make tips get paid less than minimum wage, legally.

Actually, many of them don't. There is federal minimum wage as well as various state minimum wage but there are many, many jobs that don't pay either. There are various loopholes to allow this even outside the food servor industry.

I was helping someone search for a job recently who now makes $9 an hour and I was shocked by the number of jobs out there in retail businesses (that do not serve food) that are paying less than the minimum wage.

truelyana
04-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Never heard of it, and I don't do drive-up dining, fast and processed food.

Devil Ledbetter
04-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Never heard of it, and I don't do drive-up dining, fast and processed food.No doubt that's why you always look so healthy and cheerful.

I don't eat at Sonic, and the one time a year I cave into the kids' wishes and stop at A&W, I regret it.

wannawrite
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Of course, I tip. I was a waitress forever. It sucks, and they really earn that money.

Silver King
05-13-2009, 04:40 AM
WW has been tipping into the archives. Gave me such a swift double-take that it hurt my neck. ;)

wannawrite
05-13-2009, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I got bored the other day. Man, you guys have talked about some really, really strange stuff, you know that? I think I saw a bigfoot thread around here, somewhere.....

Silver King
05-13-2009, 05:12 AM
That's one of the cool things about Office Party: Hardly anything is ever too strange to talk about.

(Come to think of it, I started a thread once about my sister's boob job.) :D

MaryMumsy
05-13-2009, 07:14 AM
I have never been to a Sonic, even though we have them here. I can't get past the one guy in the commercials. The guy that is sometimes with his male friend and sometimes with his wife. I want to strangle him.

MM

C.bronco
05-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't think we have Sonic in NJ, at least not in my area. We have a lot of diners!

wannawrite
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Sonic...hm. The food sucks. The onion rings are good, tho. Moslty you go just to have the car-hop experience, IMO.

The dog likes their burgers, tho.

quickWit
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think we have Sonic in NJ, at least not in my area. We have a lot of diners!

The first one just opened last year around this time in south jersey not far from me. I'm not a big fan, but my kids get a kick out of it.

And I tip whenever someone brings food to me. Even my wife. It's the least I can do. :)