Give a hug today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Is it okay to start a 'HUG' thread? I'm giving hugs to anyone here who feels sad 'cause they got a rejection. So, you be the next one to post on here who you want to give a hug to.:)

Hugs, Susie:)

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs are important. I've been looking for a good hug icon; maestro's is pretty good, but I want to find one with giant open arms.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug,
hug....................................

Anyone see "The Shining"? - where Jack Nicholson is away from his typewriter and his wife discovers that his "work" for weeks has been nothing but the repetitive sentence: "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy" on pages and pages of paper. Sometimes, I feel like Jack! lol

Debbie :crazy:

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Here's a group hug for everyone.
grouplove.gif

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all

These are sooooo cute! And maestrowork your pic is terrific! Made me smile. Big hugs for you and all! I especially have hugs for Dawn, Poppy, Kate, Debbie, John, Firehorse, KitKat & Maestrowork and any others I might not have added!

Warm regards, Susie:)

Last edited:

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Can this also be the "ask for a hug" thread? I need one, two, three, however many you can spare. When I'm up, I'm up, but when I'm down, I'm really down. It happens to me sometimes, I get very depressed. I don't know what happens or why it happens, but I get in this funk of I'm a loser, nobody likes me, my writing sucks and it's a big waste of time. Does this ever happen to anyone else? Now a part of me sees this as a temporary phase, but another part of me doesn't know what to do or how to get out of this depression. I am not even sure what caused it or if it's a lot of little things that built up or what. Maybe it's some grief (as a result of losing both my grandparents) that I haven't worked through yet.

Anyway, just trolling for sympathy, support and hugs...until this passes...which I hope it will. Thanks.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I've had those kinds of days, Poppy and yeah it kind of sucks. Really the only way I get cheered up from having a depressed day is talking to someone. It tends to help.

Lots of hugs for you. I hope your day gets better.
:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
I have a history of depression. Sometimes it creeps in slowly and leaves just as slowly. Other times, it hits me like a tsunami. Sudden, overwhelming and unexpected.

Anyway, yes, it helps to talk about it which is why I posted about it at the risk of sounding like a pathetic loser. :) *deep breath* It'll pass and I'll be okay. It'll pass and I'll be okay. It'll pass and I'll be okay.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poppy, you're a wonderful person and a wonderful writer. You know I have faith in you cuz I've told you so before! I don't say it if it isn't so.

I get rejection slips, rejection letters all the time even though I've been published. That never makes me feel very good, but I get over it in time. I just move on to the next thing.

I'll tell you what has made me feel the best these past few months. Having all of you wonderful, helpful writers to share ideas with and share some laughs with. My kids see me laughing here at the computer and think I'm nuts. What could possibly be that funny?

So here are some hugs for you. :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

Just remember we all care about you.

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Well I had a form rejection slip this week, so I wouldn't mind a hug or two, though I'll quite freely give them to anyone else who needs one as well.

((hug))

(((hug)))

((((hugs for all))))

I normally cope okay with the individual rejections. I just laugh or shrug and put them to one side, but I must admit that one day - just one day - it'd be nice to get something that wasn't a rejection.

:snoopy: Happy dance of optimism and too many exclamations!!!!!!! :snoopy:

(and Poppy, I get depressed too. I've been lucky in that it's never been that severe, but it's still been a very unwelcome presence in my life, and I resent every wave of it that comes - you're not alone)

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Mistri,

Getting rejection letters, especially form ones, is never good news. But I haven't met a Published writer yet that hasn't gotten at least one. And there are writers who've been published and still get rejection slips. It's just all apart of the business. Just stay positive and keep working hard. One day you will get that acceptance letter. :Hug2:

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
Just so y'all know, this (my depression) wasn't about rejection slips (even though this is the rejection and dejection forum). I was just suddenly and unexpectedly hit by a tidal wave of sadness and a 'general feeling' of rejection. It happens sometimes. It's not quite so bad today.

Thanks to everyone for their support. :)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Poppy, hugs ALWAYS go better with chocolate!

:Cake:

Here's some good wishes for you:
:Fairydust:

Go ahead and have a drink:
:Cheers:

Hang in there! We're rooting for you!
:Cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.