PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Lunch Cause Global Warming?

Joycecwilliams
04-22-2008, 07:45 AM
This is not a joke. There is now a low carbon diet and food calculator to help you lower greenhouse gases from your food.

http://www.eatlowcarbon.org/

StephanieFox
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
You have pugs and you talk about lowering gas? Hooo-Wee!

mjlpsu
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I think most of my food is fairly local. I don't buy much imported stuff because it's too expensive.

JoeEkaitis
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I had Sausage and Lentil Soup for lunch yesterday. It caused something else.

Joycecwilliams
04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
You have pugs and you talk about lowering gas? Hooo-Wee!

I am not worried.... I found an article on it and thought it was bizzare... :)

One of my pugs... Pork Chop (I did not name him that) get's such bad gas when he something that doesn't agree with him, the noise and the smell scare him. It's funny. ;)

paprikapink
04-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Can't hear you, Joyce! I've got my head down here in the sand where there are no silly problems with lunches and globes.

jennontheisland
04-24-2008, 12:30 AM
There are already consultants who will come to your home or company to assess your carbon foot print.

In ten years someone's going to think of some other measuring stick and we'll have to go through this all over again.

Joycecwilliams
04-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Can't hear you, Joyce! I've got my head down here in the sand where there are no silly problems with lunches and globes.

lol

Calla Lily
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
:roll:I needed that. Thanks for the link!

NeuroFizz
04-24-2008, 04:54 PM
No matter what we eat, cellular metabolism will have as its end products, water and carbon dioxide. And that CO2 is a waste product that will be blown off to the atmosphere when we exhale. The best dietary solution is thus to just stop breathing. It'll help solve food shortage problems as well.

JoeEkaitis
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
The best dietary solution is thus to just stop breathing.And that's why we need to observe Air Hour, just like last month's Earth Hour.

Celebrities and politicians should set an example for the rest of us by giving up breathing for 1 full hour.

paprikapink
04-24-2008, 09:25 PM
No matter what we eat, cellular metabolism will have as its end products, water and carbon dioxide. And that CO2 is a waste product that will be blown off to the atmosphere when we exhale. The best dietary solution is thus to just stop breathing. It'll help solve food shortage problems as well.

I'm starting to feel schizophrenic listening to reports on the environment and then on health care advances -- it's a conflict of interest. We're spending hunks of our intelligence on curing illnesses, learning not to be such bloodthirsty bastards, reducing infant mortality, extending life-spans... There's already so damned many of us, mostly cuz we just refuse to die, even if we weren't driving cars and eating cows, how much consumption and elimination can the earth sustain? Honestly, I am wondering more and more if our unwillingness to accept death as a natural consequence of life is what's truly over-burdening the earth.

MichaelDeVere
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I just had two beef and bean burritos.

I will sell you my carbon debits.

JoNightshade
04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
OH MY GOODNESS. Okay, I looked at this thread a couple of days ago and thought "That is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard of."

I just logged onto my work email to discover that my boss had sent out a mass mailing to our entire company saying HOW WONDERFUL this website was.

I am serious.

nybx4life
04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh well.

Now that it's spring here and feels like summer, I'm relieved.

Go, global warming, go!