end of the world day

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Those are all worthy of keeping us awake at night, and I'm pleased to see we've moved beyond nuclear holocaust as a genuine fear to end human existence. That's so out these days in Hollywood. ;)

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
The bunny-pocalypse is what scares me. I live in the country. Lots of bunnies. And--not enough ammunition!

There's always the Mayan calendar. The whole place is supposed to go Ka-Plooey on December 21, 2012 anyway. The Hopi Indians claim that the inventions of man will turn against us, and the end of the world will be the result. There's a poem I learned in Sunday School : God gave Noah the rainbow sign/No more water but fire next time." These are the things nightmares are made of. ;)

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
So far this year we've had tornadoes, ice storms, floods, earthquakes and the cicadas are coming. And this is only April.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
According to Hawkins we are going to kill ourselves off with biotechnology. Probably a big flu coming in 2012.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
There's always the Mayan calendar. The whole place is supposed to go Ka-Plooey on December 21, 2012 anyway. The Hopi Indians claim that the inventions of man will turn against us, and the end of the world will be the result.

Sounds like Judgement Day from the Terminator movies....

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
According to Hawkins we are going to kill ourselves off with biotechnology. Probably a big flu coming in 2012.

In the Christian bible, during the last days, angels are instructed to pour out bowls, some of which include diseases and plagues. A Lakota brave, when facing battle, often said , "This is a good day to die." Maybe 2012 is the year for it.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Let's don't forget the lines penned by Robert Frost:

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

After suffering through several ice storms, one major and very destructive over the past few winters, I can agree that ice could indeed suffice!

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I'm always telling my coworkers to stop beating on the snack machines because they remember and when the time comes the machines will come and beat on them.

They look at me like I'm crazy but I'm glad people here see what I mean.

2012 is when the aliens come to make slaves of the human race and the only way to survive is to become an alien/human hybrid or to disfigure yourself so that aliens have no use for you.