The first day of the rest of my life

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
So, it appears I'm going to lose the house in the divorce. I was sad about that for a couple of days, then I actually got excited about new possibilities. Keeping the house would be a strain in several ways... the "homeowner stuff" would be off my back if I moved to a condo or co-op, and plus, maybe a fresh start would do us a lot of good.

Today I am looking at a condo nearby, and it sounds just perfect for Sarina and me.

Thank you so much to everyone who's offered words of support lately. I haven't answered everyone personally because I kind of get drained just talking/typing about it... this was the poem I wrote about it soon after it happened. I feel like... this guy was my hero. Now I have to reimagine my whole life and accept that I was looking through very rose-colored glasses before, accepting a lot of things I shouldn't have because he got me through agoraphobia.

I have some fears-- mostly that I won't have another child-- but I know I'm doing the right thing. I know that fostering and adopting could be possibilities down the line if I don't meet Mr. Right for Real This Time "in time."

Although I didn't respond to everything, I want you to know that I did let much of the advice sink in. There are certain things that I repeat to myself a lot lately that I heard here-- like "beware of men who try to rescue you" and the stories of bitter exes who put their kids in uncomfortable positions. I will try to learn from all your experiences.

I'm trying hard to focus on the positives, and that seems easier now that the weather has improved. Spring really does work wonders on one's mood, doesn't it? Now all I need is a rebound fling... Haggis? :D

I'll report back after we see the condo.

(P.S. Kidding about the fling thing... please do not hit on me. Except Haggis. His eyes mesmerize me.)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
hi Jenna,

i'm new to your 'travels'-- not knowing what came before this post. but i know you'll be all right, a woman of will and of purpose.

starting new is the best you can have. things happen along the way--we meet great people who sometimes don't live up to the task at hand. doesn't always mean they failed us, or we failed them. sometimes it all comes clear through and sometimes not but there is most often some value in everything and everyone that happens along the way, discovered or hidden--this only you can judge.

i wish you well on your journey--but i know my wish (though sincere) is not needed: you will come through and shine.

Maui Author

Halfway between here and there
Registered
Reaction score
You have such a wonderful positive attitude towards it!! And a condo will mean less hassle, less cleaning and a whole new place to decorate!! And then every corner won't have a memory. I think a new condo will be a great start for you and Sarina.

Keep up the wonderful attitude!

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I'm there for the party!

Seriously, good luck to you. It seems you're keeping your spirits up as best you can, looking towards the future for you and your daughter. I hope this condo works out!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Hugs Jenna. We'll be here to support you through the rough times and celebrate with you through the good in the coming months. Whatever you need, dear.

We'll be here.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
(((Jenna))))

I love condo/townhouse living. No fuss. And there are some gorgeous places around. I personally would love to have a downtown loft myself. :)

Keep your spirit high! It's an adventure and I'm so glad you get to experience it with Sarina.

You do know we all love you here. And no, it's not a pick up line! You're way too young for me.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
You know what you need?

An emotionally charged, no holds-barred, absolute life-changing, life-altering, dish of chunky monkey ice cream.

Or Wavy Gravy. Whatevers your pleasure.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Mm.... chocolate....

That cures everything.

Absolutely. What is it about chocolate that just reaches down into the depths of your....tummy...and puts a googly eyed smile on your face?

For all of you who are going through rough times and are hurting, I beseech you to kneel at the feet of Ben and Jerry and let them wash your souls clean. Moose Tracks is a good cure all. Ice Cream and chocolate...together at last.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Nah... you'll just end up hating your thighs.

Take up boxing instead. It does the body good and you can work out all your anger issue at the same time....

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Four (count 'em) four sets of gleaming eyes on ya now, Jenna. :D

You're going to be more than just fine. You're going to go out and kick you some hiney. Of that I have absolutely no doubt.

All the best. Always.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
First off... I love the part of your post where you say"don't hit on me" That says everthing we need to know.
1. You're already ready to get back in the game.
2. Your're feeling pretty damn good about yourself.
3. The edge is coming back which will really help your muse.
4. You ain't taking shit from anyone anymore.
5. You finally figured out that you don't need that other goof in your life for you and your daughter to be happy.

I like the progression..... that'll be $50.00 thank you.....

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
though it's almost sacraligeous to state this in a capitalistic society like ours,
material possessions really don't amount to much.
What is important are the bonds between people,
like the one between your daughter and you,
and your friends here.
That's all that matters : )

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I think you will be surprised at how good it will make you feel to move. You can start fresh, everything clean and new, just the way you want it. Spend hours arranging and re-arranging furniture. Decorate!

Oh, right, and chocolate too. :)

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Just keep thinking about that carcass in the wall.

Rent a carcass free place.

Teach Sarina to say "carcass"........

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Nah... you'll just end up hating your thighs.

Take up boxing instead. It does the body good and you can work out all your anger issue at the same time....

Well, if you take up boxing, that means you can have more chocolate!

Kick-boxing is an excellent way to burn off the chocolate and learn to kick someone's ass... trust me :D

zenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

Wishing you lots of wonderful things in the very near future.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, we love you. Enjoy this new chapter of your life. You're going to be great :)

If the ex is keeping the house, I know a great recipe for chicken-milk bombs that conveniently fit into any HVAC system... Er- um. Boxing, yeah, what Ray said.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah! No yard work!

Boo! No yard boys. :(

You know you still get half-equity, right, unless you've accepted something else in its place. Oh, and make sure you leave the stinky sofa along with the dead wall critters. :D

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Make sure you buy a singles-only condo community with lots of professional guys such as lawyers and doctors and TV executives. Buy one at the top floor so you get to stop at every floor on your way up and check out all the guys who live there.