PDA

View Full Version : Great review for DESERT GUARDIAN

Karen Duvall
04-20-2008, 09:42 PM
The book's been out for a year and a half, but reviews still turn up now and then. Thank heavens for Google Alert or I never would have known about the latest one posted on Dear Author. (http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2008/04/19/review-desert-guardian-by-karen-duvall/)

The book didn't rank an A, but Jayne the reviewer still had lovely things to say. The problem she sited was that the book was too fast-paced and left her breathless, which I thought was a good thing. :D

The review (http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2008/04/19/review-desert-guardian-by-karen-duvall/) starts out: Iíve got to say this is one of the more unusual suspense novels Iíve read lately. Thereís not an ex-Navy Seal, sheriff, or former black-ops member of any kind in sight. No mafia hit men, billionaireís daughter in danger or any of the other standard operating procedures for romance suspense novels in the entire book. Yes, it can be done and thank you for doing it.

I'm just happy she liked it. :hooray:

Soccer Mom
04-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh, that IS worth a snoopy! You are on a roll lately!

:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

Jackfishwoman
04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
That's great news Karen. And I am happy to see that a book still gets review coverage a year and a half later!! Thank you for sharing that.

Saundra Julian
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Great review, congratulations!

finewritingfinewine
04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Woo-hoo! April is Karen's month, no? Snoopy worthy and definately a foretelling of things to come! Bask in the glow, baby, 'cuz it seems to be here to stay! (and *purr* *purr* I'm so rubbing you like a cat to pick up on some of that good mojo!)

Kudos!

Karen Duvall
04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks, everyone! The good luck feels fab! I hope it holds.

Jackfishwoman, it's true about reviews, especially for ebooks (DESERT GUARDIAN is in both e and paper), and there are so, so many more review resources on the Internet. A new review pops up every few months and it's great. Now that this Texas LDS cult fiasco is in the news, there's been renewed interest in my book because it's about a nomadic suicide cult and its victims.

rachel.moore.hawkins
04-21-2008, 06:10 PM
I just read that review and thought, "Hmmm, is that the AW Karen? I bet it is!" It really was a great review, and it totally made me want to go read the book. So go you!!

dawinsor
04-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Holy cow, Karen. You are having a good week.

CaroGirl
04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Congratulations!! That is truly awesome.

lkp
04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
That's am amazing review and I'm sure it will tempt people to read the book. I find them a pretty tough audience over there (in a good way), so this review is really excellent.

Karen Duvall
04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
I know the Jane's at Dear Author are tough, but I always loved their thorough and honest assessments of books. It took me a while to get up the courage to submit Desert Guardian to them. I knew I could be setting myself up for a scathing literary lashing. It turned out good, though, and I think I have a few new readers. :D

clara bow
04-22-2008, 03:19 AM
i read that review...way to go & many happy sales!