Status
Not open for further replies.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Does anyone else have an impossible time writing if they don't have a cigarette hanging from their lips? Two, three -- twenty?

It's an awful habit, but God does it sharpen my synapses. :hat:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:) I have this habit also, but only smoke outside and boy does it make a difference. Went from 4 cartons a month to 1 1/2 a month. Feel like that was a big step. Do you go to U of A, ASU or NAU coyote? We have several that are in Arizona here in the land of AW. Guess I can call you neighbor.:Clap:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I can relate. I quit smoking around the same time I started getting into this writing thing.

There were quite a few times when I was sitting before the screen and was actually considering lighting up a cigarette again because I thought they helped me think better.

It's weird... It felt like the very act of drawing a deep drag from my cigarette and letting out a slow, steady stream of smoke gave me time to pause and reflect and think and write etc.

It seemed like there was nothing like sitting back with cigarette smoke curling about me and contemplating things. I guess my mind and body had conditioned themselves.

Thank god I'm finally past that point now. I sure don't miss the hacking in the morning :)

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Another smoker here. I also go outside to smoke. Fortunately (or perhaps, unfortunately for the whole quitting the habit thing) we have wireless and I can haul my laptop outside with me.

Maybe if one of us finally does decide to quit (probably should add "again") we've got the start of a support group here? :)

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
CACTUSWENDY said:
:) I have this habit also, but only smoke outside and boy does it make a difference. Went from 4 cartons a month to 1 1/2 a month. Feel like that was a big step. Do you go to U of A, ASU or NAU coyote? We have several that are in Arizona here in the land of AW. Guess I can call you neighbor.:Clap:

I'm at ASU :)

As for smoking inside: I wish I could. There's something so much more charming about watching smoke crawl up the wall as opposed to just drift off into space.

That is a pretty damn big step, CACTUS -- probably lighter on the pocketbook, too.

And Brokenfingers, I think you've got the whole ambience of smoking in front of the computer spot on. It's Zen; in a shallow, cliched kinda way. Y'know?

I personally enjoy writing on paper first, so to me: smoking while writing means brushing ashes off my prose and getting smoke in my downcast eyes. It hurts, but I like it :) Hehehe :hat:

kmm8n

Registered
Reaction score
Have I finally found a place where smoking is acceptable still????

I smoke inside, so I don't offend the strangers on the street.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
In a word, yes. I smoke wherever "tha man" tells me I can...my house, my car...you name it. Most often, though, in front of ye olde 'puter.

WVWG

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While writing, cigs and mtn. dew or coffee is my way. Trying to be more conscientious of how many I've smoked and drinking more water. However, when on the comp, a strange state begins where I have no clue how long I've been on or how many I've smoked.

I prefer to write long-hand first though.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
kmm8n said:
Have I finally found a place where smoking is acceptable still????

I smoke inside, so I don't offend the strangers on the street.

Where is it not? I'll admit that I haven't been here long enough to be chastised for my habits; but one would've expected a writing messageboard to be particularly understanding of smokerism.

I wish I could smoke inside. But alas, the roommates are allergic. :Smack:

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
Quick note:

If you smoke (or have some other kind of habit) while you are writing, you may find yourself unable to put words on the page when the time comes to quit your habit. The act of writing can become so associated with the habit that you find it impossible to do one without the other.

That's why I have always been careful to masturbate away from the computer.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
HConn said:
Quick note:

If you smoke (or have some other kind of habit) while you are writing, you may find yourself unable to put words on the page when the time comes to quit your habit. The act of writing can become so associated with the habit that you find it impossible to do one without the other.

That's why I have always been careful to masturbate away from the computer.

Ahahah :roll:

This is going to be entirely too much information, but I have a really bad habit of masturbating whenever I have way too much to do; whether it be HW, chores, errands, etc.

It's the most divine form of procrastination (procrasturbation?), methinks :Wha:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
trumancoyote said:
This is going to be entirely too much information, but I have a really bad habit of masturbating whenever I have way too much to do; whether it be HW, chores, errands, etc.

I was thinking after Zach's comments, it was time to change the favorite c-word to something other than cigarettes... hmmmm

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
I was thinking after Zach's comments, it was time to change the favorite c-word to something other than cigarettes... hmmmm

In that case - yes, I am still heavily addicted...

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
:D Indeed. Have you read my latest poem? It's about ... gasp... SEX!

ZaZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
thebobshow.buzznet.com
Finally, a disgusting thread

It rhymes with PUNT!

I love those things and cigarettes and what about smokin' the chronic whilst writing? I know it explains a lot of what I write. Or should I say explains the unexplainable nature of some of the things I write. Hell, it was the entire last manuscript I wrote.

As for bating like a master, I'm in the 8th month of a really fluffy relationship. I don't have the energy to rub one out. Okay, maybe once a week when I've got the free time but really, on average, I'm like a breeder beagle. It's all over the walls and $hit.

Damn it feels good to be gangsta.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
all righty folks...let's not forget this is a family board...:rolleyes: Sheesh, some of ya'll need a date or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.