Kiss revisted

What's your fav?

• Total voters

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Gotta' go with Detroit out of that list. Other favorites from newer era KISS are Heaven's on Fire, Lick it Up, and Psycho Circus. But in the long run I love original KISS the best. And this coming from someone who considers himself pretty die-hard when it comes to KISS (Remember those life-sized busts of the original members they used to sell? I've got them all except Peter Criss, never could find that one.) I'll find it one day, although the missus isn't a big fan of life-sized heads of rock band members in our living room, but I'm working on changing her mind.

I play with a pair of Criss signature drumsticks as well, and while maybe not the most knowledgeable KISS fan, I promise I could hold my own against msot in a trivia contest.

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
Voted for Strutter.

Saw Ace Frehley last week in London. If you're a Kiss fan and he's playing anywhere near you, go see him before he falls back off the wagon.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I have a soft spot for Beth. It always made me cry. A close second would be I Wanna Rock and Roll. I wonder which one John Robison would vote for? After all, he spent lots of time with them.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Eggplant.

Didn't Kiss sing Eggplant?
You must be confusing that with Orlando Bloom.
I have a soft spot for Beth. It always made me cry. A close second would be I Wanna Rock and Roll. I wonder which one John Robison would vote for? After all, he spent lots of time with them.
What a great bunch of stories in his book, involving Kiss and everything else! He wrote of the guys having a brand new Gibson Les Paul shipped overnight from the factory to his house, just so he could drill and route holes in it and install visual effects...

Mjollnir13

I am the Meatlump King!
Registered
Reaction score
Classic KISS....100,000 Years rocks! But I also like King of the Nighttime World. As for newer KISS...Journey of 1,000 Years. So many good ones!!!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Were you a member of the Kiss Army? I know III and ChunkyC were...
I must admit that at the time, I was not a Kiss fan. When Kiss was huge, I was heavily into bands like Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Steely Dan, Little Feat, etc., and Kiss was about as far away from them musically as you could get.

However, I can't dismiss their success and these days I get a nostalgic kick out of it whenever I hear one of their tunes. I voted for Rock and Roll All Night because it is anthemic and typifies what Kiss was all about in their heyday.

Last edited: