Has anyone seen that new children's book...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
About how Mommy is getting plastic surgery?

As a parent, does it make you want to throw up your hands in despair at why you try so long and hard to give positive messages to your children?

As a writer, does it make you want to throw up your hands in despair that this has been accepted for publication and your well-written, entertaining and positive work has been rejected by every pub out there?

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Heheheh. I can see the next title for a sensationalist children's book: "Mommy takes me to my first plastic surgery"

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it makes me feel better that it's not "properly" published, I suppose.

I saw it on "Rove" last night. I wonder if Dr Michael really looks like he does in the pictures?? Kinda reminded me of Julian McMahon in "Nip/Tuck".

CDarklock

Yes!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.darklock.com
As a parent, does it make you want to throw up your hands in despair at why you try so long and hard to give positive messages to your children?

Like, say, "there is nothing wrong with elective surgery"?

There are all kinds of positive messages you can give to your children, and your brand of positive may not be the same as mine.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I have a disease where I sometimes grow fibromas (small tumors) on my skin. They are harmless, but ugly. If you think for one second that I am not going to have them removed when they appear, you are crazy. If that makes me vain, well, so be it.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
That really makes me wonder: why would Newsweek blow up what's obviously a small-time, low-circulation publication?

It reeks of a marketing plan to me.

That was exactly my first thought.

Doesn't really make much sense if you think about it...unless the writer was just really struggling for ideas or, as you say, this is an inside deal of some kind.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's just so silly and egregious that the writer thought it would be interesting to fill a slow news week.

More power to anyone who needs and obtains corrective plastic surgery, and to people who want elective plastic surgery, I say, "It's your life, whatever makes you happy."

But a plastic surgeon vanity-publishing a children's book about how great it is that Mommy got elective plastic surgery seems like the lamest and weirdest marketing strategy...

Status
Not open for further replies.