Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Erotica
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #151
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
I don't think any woman knows how a throbbing manhood feels or looks because we simply don't have one. Generally. We know how "we" throb but that's for a different time and I really need to get my mind out the gutter. It's a regular there.......
Oh believe me it can throb. You don't really see it throb but I can assure you a man can FEEL it throb!
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #152
rhymegirl
Falling into Fall

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You can also ask it questions and it can answer. Mostly yes answers.
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:26 AM   #153
MargueriteMing
practical experience, FTW

MargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewelMargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by absitinvidia View Post
I once had to explain to an author that readers of a certain age would not find "love canal" to be at all sexy. Quite the opposite.

My favorite ever, which I obviously had to delete, was "his tentacles of arousal moved in and out of the abyss of love." Wrong on so many levels.
Tentacles? More than one? I'm so confused.
MargueriteMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #154
absitinvidia
A bit of a wallflower

absitinvidia has earned our admirationabsitinvidia has earned our admirationabsitinvidia has earned our admirationabsitinvidia has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargueriteMing View Post
Tentacles? More than one? I'm so confused.
I just took it on faith that she was talking about fingers, but I'll admit I was traumatized.
absitinvidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 AM   #155
Broadswordbabe
Chief High Procrastinator

Broadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Oh, boy, you guys made my night (I was furious with myself for having done more housework than writing this weekend, for no good reason - I'm now feeling no more productive but a lot more cheerful).

I think Purple Helmeted Warrior is my favourite - there's got to be a "war in the trenches" gag in there somewhere....

And as for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by absitinvidia View Post
My favorite ever, which I obviously had to delete, was "his tentacles of arousal moved in and out of the abyss of love." Wrong on so many levels.
Makes me think of the sadly defunct Cthulhu Sex webzine.

I should really go to sleep. But thank you!

Dangerous Gifts - A Babylon Steel novel

The Mammoth Book of Ghost Stories by Women
Broadswordbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #156
Broadswordbabe

Broadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of light
Damn, I killed the thread...I feel bad now....

Old 01-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #157
RumpleTumbler
Loves Joni Mitchell

RumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRumpleTumbler is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Plunged....lol. It reminds me of unstopping a toilet.

Of course I guess that's a turn on for some.
‘Cause everybody’s broken”

Nichole Nordeman

RumpleTumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #158
Broadswordbabe

People grabbing anything. Especially fistfuls of anything. That just sounds painful. And sort of greedy, as well.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #159
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymegirl View Post
Oprah calls it that.
Which, frankly, does NOT lend the term "va-jay-jay" credibility. I don't care if Mother Theresa called hers that, as terms go that's right up there with calling a penis a "pee-pee." Even if it is being used by grown ups.

Seriously, if you want to talk about your vagina, why not just call it that? Wasn't that the whole point of the "vagina monologues" in the first place, that as terms go it needs to be de-stigmatized? How does reducing it to a toddler's gibberish help with that?

(And if any woman ever refers to it as such during the course of sex, the night's over. Because I'm on the floor, LMAO. )

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 PM   #160
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had a real problem with "The Vagina Monologues," though. They were calling anything in the general region "vagina," when that's simply not the case in terms of clinical anatomy. While I like the idea of destigmatizing the word, I thought the play's contribution to an incorrect understanding of what it means undercut the effort and then some.

Maryn, who has now vowed never to say "va-jay-jay" in the throes of passion
Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #161
red lantern
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

red lantern is on a distinguished road
I am still a green horn in this genre but I can't bring myself to use the C word to describe that area female anatomy (I am guy) I don't even say it, and it is so popular in some of the online erotica I read. Its just crude and for me in poor taste, I am criticizing anyone else its just not for me.

my second one is 'ploughing' as in he was ploughing her - makes it sound like a chore: 'Well after I finish ploughing I am heading in for supper and sit by the fire' Hardly evokes the right sort of imagery does it?
red lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 AM   #162
Stacia Kane
Girl Detective
AW Moderator

Stacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
I had a real problem with "The Vagina Monologues," though. They were calling anything in the general region "vagina," when that's simply not the case in terms of clinical anatomy. While I like the idea of destigmatizing the word, I thought the play's contribution to an incorrect understanding of what it means undercut the effort and then some.

Maryn, who has now vowed never to say "va-jay-jay" in the throes of passion
Kind of OT, but I was watching one of those sex-change documentaries a week or so ago, and the post-op patient, who now had ladyparts, actually said, "I haven't peed yet through my vagina, so I don't know what that will be like."

Seriously, they had NO IDEA that women do not actually pee through the vagina. Someone had to explain it. (And aside from anything else, I really thought if they were going to give him ladyparts, you'd think they would have gone over their basic structure and function first.)

So yeah, referring to the entire vulva as a vagina is not a good idea. (And I hate the word "vulva". Ech.)

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

"...in Wrong Ways Down, Kane masterfully peels back layers unseen through Chess' point of view. Through Terrible's eyes, Kane walks readers on a thin line, riding the rough and yet poetic cadence of how he speaks and thinks--and in doing so, she reveals a layer to him, Chess and the underbelly of his world not seen before."

--Lauren Dane, NYT & USA TODAY bestseller
Stacia Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #163
rhymegirl
Falling into Fall

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Which, frankly, does NOT lend the term "va-jay-jay" credibility. I don't care if Mother Theresa called hers that, as terms go that's right up there with calling a penis a "pee-pee." Even if it is being used by grown ups.
I agree.

I was only mentioning the fact that Oprah calls it that. Some women may have heard her say it and decided to borrow the term.

She's not setting a good example by resorting to babytalk.
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:43 AM   #164
kikazaru
Benefactor Member

kikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolness
I have a friend from Jamaica who refers to her lover as a "sweet piece of rudeness." While not technically a term for anatomy, it slays me every time.

Groucho Marx
kikazaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #165
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmm... if someone's peeing out of their vagina, they might want to sit down and have a little chat with their surgeon. Somebody made a boo-boo.

Ugh - baby talk. If I ever call it a va-jay-jay, anyone in earshot has my permission to slug me. That's even squickier than biological terms.

Sweet piece of rudeness- that's killer... i like it

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 AM   #166
DWSTXS
Mr Mojo Risin...

DWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthood
Wink Mounted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie911 View Post
Mounted.

I hate the word in just about any context though.

Well Kristie....I'll agree with you about 'mounted'..........mainly though, because of a joke I heard years ago.......

A man has two monkeys as pets........they are his long time pet companions.....he loves them like family............after 20 years, they both get sick and die at the same time.............the man is grief-stricken....and finally, after giving it a lot of thought.......he calls in a taxidermist to consult on having them displayed life-like in his living room.........

The Taxidermist walks in.....looks at the 2 dead monkeys.......looks at the man.....the man says 'I want to have them displayed right in here, up next to that wall there.'

The taxidermist looks at him and says, 'You want them mounted...'

'No!' the man says, '...just shaking hands will be fine...'

'I'm in the kitchen. . .with the tombstone blues.'

Pics:
http://www.pbase.com/dwstxs

WIP's-
Blue-Eyed Son -available on Amazon.com in print and Kindle versions - 119k

Untitled sci-fi work. currently at 40k
DWSTXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:31 AM   #167
DWSTXS
Mr Mojo Risin...

DWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthoodDWSTXS is a candidate for sainthood
and by the way............the word I can't stand.......is 'bulbous'

Pics:

WIP's-

Old 01-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #168
Just Jack
King of Procrastination

Just Jack is on a distinguished road
I read this one about 5 minutes ago...
and I had to share it with you guys...

Engorged

...the funny part is, while I think its describing a penis...there isnt a penis in the scene...

???
Old 01-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #169
DWSTXS
Mr Mojo Risin...

va-jay-jay and vullva are just too weird sounding........I don't think I want Oper teaching anyone about sex, or body parts.....or anything for that matter....

now, 'coochie'................there's a good word.......

Pics:

WIP's-

Old 01-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #170
DWSTXS
Mr Mojo Risin...

well..........I once described a guy....who was NOT too well-endowed as 'Thumb-penis'

but.......other words for the...ahem.....'ejaculate'....how about
'DNA'

'enjoyment juice'

'fun-seed'

well.......I guess you can see why I don't write erotica......besides....if I did.....I probably always be turned on...and I'd spend my days in bed......hunched over like a comma......pleasuring myself frantically...........

Pics:

WIP's-

Old 01-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #171
DWSTXS
Mr Mojo Risin...

It's also weird...............when people 'cleverly' name their pe-noos..........

the one I remember vividly...is 'little elvis'.........

Pics:

WIP's-

Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #172
MargueriteMing

MargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewelMargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jack View Post
I read this one about 5 minutes ago...
and I had to share it with you guys...

Engorged

...the funny part is, while I think its describing a penis...there isnt a penis in the scene...

???
Shrug, there is erectile tissue in the clitoris, inner labia, and surrounding the outer third of the vagina. It engorges during arousal.
He's an uncontrollable chivalrous librarian who believes he can never love again. She's a tortured streetsmart femme fatale who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

"God smiles on a good femme fatale." - Rose Mekellum
MargueriteMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #173
LloydBrown

LloydBrown is a splendid one to beholdLloydBrown is a splendid one to beholdLloydBrown is a splendid one to behold
Oprah's use of "va-jay-jay" is hysterical to me. I know a guy who goes by "J.J." who got a new nickname after that. Now he's named after Oprah's girl parts.

LloydBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #174
She_wulf
that's me

She_wulf has earned our admirationShe_wulf has earned our admirationShe_wulf has earned our admirationShe_wulf has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWSTXS View Post
It's also weird...............when people 'cleverly' name their pe-noos..........

the one I remember vividly...is 'little elvis'.........
and when little elvis is done, he can leave the building...

Thank you, thank you very much

LOL

Join my Mafia... what? this isn't the Zynga forums?
She_wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #175
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Does little elvis wear a rhinestone coat?

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think I’m disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote