Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Erotica
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #26
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
In one book (that was soooo awful it was awful), it was described as a battering ram. All I could think was - How the hell did he get his pants on???

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #27
She_wulf
that's me

She_wulf has earned our admirationShe_wulf has earned our admirationShe_wulf has earned our admirationShe_wulf has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Chick View Post
In one book (that was soooo awful it was awful), it was described as a battering ram. All I could think was - How the hell did he get his pants on???
...and the walls came crumbling down...

Join my Mafia... what? this isn't the Zynga forums?
She_wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #28
kristie911
Happy to be here

kristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

That one made me laugh out loud. Classic.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #29
Marian Perera
starting over

Marian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloveofwriting View Post
Plowed.

That just doesn't sound right at all.
Oddly enough, I really like the word "plowed" in a certain context - in the play Antony and Cleopatra, where someone is describing Caesar's relationship with Cleopatra. I think the exact line is, "He plowed her, and she cropped".
Marian Perera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #30
akiwiguy
AW Inmate #90976

akiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputationakiwiguy has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Swords View Post
Oddly enough, I really like the word "plowed" in a certain context - in the play Antony and Cleopatra, where someone is describing Caesar's relationship with Cleopatra. I think the exact line is, "He plowed her, and she cropped".
Yes, I was thinking along those lines. I'm pretty sure, without looking it up, that the word f**k was derived from a word meaning basically "to plough a field".

And on that thought, to be honest I think some of the most common vulgar words are, in the right context, real turn-on words for me. "Please f**k me." Simple, but it does it for me for some reason.
akiwiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:09 AM   #31
Voyager
Ribbed for your pleasure.

Voyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVoyager is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
When I was reading the Beauty trilogy, I had to stop and catch my breath from laughing the first time I read nether lips

"I'd rather shoot myself in the face than have another discussion about the difference between one category of literature and another." Colson Whitehead

facebook.com/jes.bosworth
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #32
MargueriteMing
practical experience, FTW

MargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewelMargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
When I was reading the Beauty trilogy, I had to stop and catch my breath from laughing the first time I read nether lips
I always liked it, it's got a naughty underworld feel to it.
MargueriteMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #33
MargueriteMing
practical experience, FTW

MargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewelMargueriteMing is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Swords View Post
Till the fertile fields, just be aware some rows are tough to hoe.
MargueriteMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #34
ClaudiaGray
Rambaldi's Chosen One

ClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudgeClaudiaGray is better than ice cream with hot fudge
The thing about writing sex -- the same word/phrase/term that one person finds sexy, the next person will find disgusting, and the third find funny as all hell. It's tricky.
ClaudiaGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #35
bethany
:)

bethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nothing really gags and disgusts me. Many things make me laugh. Particularly purple prose. I did a really funny set of dirty mad libs once, it was very very fun.

The Fall~ Greenwillow ~ 2014- A literary psychological thriller/retelling of the Fall of the House of Usher. Starred reviews from Kirkus and School Library Journal
www.bethanygriffin.com
bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:45 AM   #36
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

ZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Another word to call the penis is organ...and yeah, that is what they call it but to put it into an erotic novel for a man "to hold his organ and..." Well, you get it. Scientific words are turnoffs in my book, too.
ZannaPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #37
truelyana
Set yourself free

truelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
I don't like it in some books where the man talks really dirty to the woman. Like he's a horny virgin. Such a turnoff.
What about horny *****cker ?

truelyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 AM   #38
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

ZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nah, truelyana, this current book I'm reading the hero sounded like a horny virgin. He couldn't get to the woman fast enough, or stop touching. Was kind of uncomfortable for the woman if you ask me. Ha...I wanted to shut the book to give them some privacy.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 AM   #39
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This thread is cracking me up. I thought battering ram was pretty much the end all - but I was wrong.

Hmm.... plowed seems a bit impersonal to me, but not really squicky. I think of that as a wham-bam-thank you-ma'am type roll, roll, roll in zee hay.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 AM   #40
truelyana
Set yourself free

truelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstruelyana is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
Nah, truelyana, this current book I'm reading the hero sounded like a horny virgin. He couldn't get to the woman fast enough, or stop touching. Was kind of uncomfortable for the woman if you ask me. Ha...I wanted to shut the book to give them some privacy.
Fair enough, I quite like the sound of Horny virgin now to come to think of it. I understand if the story was making it sound uncomfortable for the woman, it's interesting when it does that. Brings the story to life.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #41
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Throbbing manhood.

A manhood which throbs, makes me giggle.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #42
truelyana
Set yourself free

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
Throbbing manhood.

A manhood which throbs, makes me giggle.
That is kinda cute, in a laughable way.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #43
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Ah yes, the ever present throbbing manhood. Am I the only one who pictures it pulsing, like a cartoon thumb when it gets whacked with a hammer (the thumb, not the manhood)? And has anyone actually ever seen a manhood throb? I image it'd freak the sh@t out of me.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #44
Just Jack
King of Procrastination

Just Jack is on a distinguished road
Spunk.

Or really, any of the other nicknames for sperm.

I enjoy the occasional erotica/romance, but its not Hustler, lets keep the trash words out of it.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #45
Don Allen
Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence

Don Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Allen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
Gee, I don't have a problem with any particular word except for some of the sillier names for penis. "Man-rod" cracks me up.

But then, I've made heavy use of several of the ones you all hate or laugh at. Sigh...

Maryn, who hasn't sold anything in eons
Reminds me of one that cracks me up constantly "Love Muscle" There use to be a porn star named "Lance Love Muscle" I can't read anything that talks about his throbbing love muscle without thinking "what twit wrote this" geeze.... OMG I have to go wash now.....
Don Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #46
brokenfingers
Walkin' That Road

brokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmmm, interesting word selections here. As for me, the number one turn-off word that cools my jets in a heartbeat is 'No'.
brokenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #47
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

As it should, brokenfingers.

Another word I came across that left my mouth dirty...

PRICK. ...as in another name for a man's thing.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #48
kristie911
Happy to be here

kristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And has anyone actually ever seen a manhood throb? I image it'd freak the sh@t out of me.
No, and I hope I never do because, like you, I'd run the other way. Ick!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #49
Just Jack
King of Procrastination

Just Jack is on a distinguished road
being a man, and an athlete (locker room) i have had many an oppurtunity to see a manhood throb

and have yet to see one do it....so if you see one throb

i would suggest police investigation
Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #50
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Imagine that in an episode of CSI