Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #8001
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I managed only about 500 words this week on Gated, but at least I'm going in the right direction (I'm up to just under 6k words which is better than when I left it in November).

Goal for this week is to get at least another 1200 words written on Gated and at least one more blog post plus get The Bare Bones discussion up and running again.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #8002
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I do *not* whine.

Whinge, maybe. But not whine.

And while I would rather have what you sent Greg... I have a place in my garden for your "minion."

He'll look good next to the flower next spring.
Sounds like whining to me, DL.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #8003
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't see your goals *anywhere* there little doggie.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #8004
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um, goals? You mean like points or something? You know, like in soccer when someone kicks it into the net and the announcer yells "Gol! Gol! Gol!"

Homey don't do no goals.

Okay, I will.

500 words.

Did 500 last week. Actually more like 520. Or so.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Old 12-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #8005
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wasn't sure if I could post the linky with Erotica's SYW having its adults only password thingy...

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...ight=delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
Didn't write any new words -- Christmas activities/programs/etc with the kids monopolized my week.

I did finish the last round of edits on my December prompt -- plan to post it over in the Erotica SYW, got a shiny new password in my inbox just waiting to be used.

It's called Delicious btw.

ETA: Realized I forgot to add goals -- I'll shoot for 500 -- with Christmas, and still trying to work the pay the bills gig with kids home, it'll be a challenge.

And Delicious is up in Erotica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
Good luck Laurie,

I think it is awesome and anyone who writes it has my utmost respect! I am not so good with erotica, I am strictly a rip out their guts and hang them from a celing girl. Give us a link to your story please.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant
Old 12-22-2009, 03:21 AM   #8006
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mmmmmm... lovely pre-Christmas appetizer. Thank you, tigery mistressness!

Quote:
I wrapped something up for you...happy holidays Lily

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #8007
bsolah
AW's Resident Commie

bsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I wrote nothing, except for blog posts.

Homepage | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Sanity Juxtaposed
bsolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #8008
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I make it a point to never eat anything that's been dead longer than I've been alive, thanks.

And, fortunately, I know where that's been...

Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
Old 12-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #8009
Kitty
weeeeeeeee *thud*

Kitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lady DL, I did nada...

I stared at a story, decided I hated it and refused to turn on the 'puter for the last couple of days.

I did take some nice pics in a forest tho

"Writers are just closet extroverts. Artists are simply neurotic."

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #8010
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Revised December prompt at the linky, post #9

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=166022
Old 12-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #8011
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Goals for this last week: Finish and post my Dec. prompt story. Done. And currently undergoing revisions based on the initial feedbacks. Still coming in around 4700 words no matter what I do. Delete some words, add some words...

Accomplishments this last week: I sold a short story! It's UF though, not horror. My first every UF, actually Check my sig for the details.

Goals for this week: finish revisions on The Death of Me Yet (Dec. prompt).

Keeping the goals small this week because of the holiday and also because I am resting a little before I attempt revisions on the NaNo novel, Razor and Blades, in Jan.
Congrats soap!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Sounds like whining to me, DL.
If you only knew the half of it...I've had to listen to that for centuries.
Luckily they have mp3 players and head phones now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Um, goals? You mean like points or something? You know, like in soccer when someone kicks it into the net and the announcer yells "Gol! Gol! Gol!"

Homey don't do no goals.

Okay, I will.

500 words.

Did 500 last week. Actually more like 520. Or so.
You could use a gnome as a goal post right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Lady DL, I did nada...

I stared at a story, decided I hated it and refused to turn on the 'puter for the last couple of days.

I did take some nice pics in a forest tho
well then you get a hug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsolah View Post
I wrote nothing, except for blog posts.
For you!!!!

happy holidays all---I need output in the next week or expect my new pet fluffy to come visit.

hugs and pushups,
Tigress Tyrant
DL Hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #8012
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can I choose Cousin George instead? Pretty please with minced mutton on top?

Quote:

Dunno if I'll get anything much done this week, what with Christmas and all. Telling the family about the book deal at Christmas dinner--looking forward to it!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #8013
heth718
With a passion!

heth718 is a glorious beacon of lightheth718 is a glorious beacon of light
Hi, guys, *sigh*

sorry I haven't stopped in much, hope everyone is doing well

once the new year breaks, I hope to spend more time visiting!
Writing is a passion I only allowed my soul to sip here and there, until one day dehydration gave way to overindulgence. Characters I never knew existed haunted my dreams. Images, scenes, dialogue filled my mind and I became a slave to the unwritten novel, powerless to deny its plea for existence.
-> Moms -> Fantasy -> Query Help!
heth718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #8014
Kitty
weeeeeeeee *thud*

Kitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
lol...who's the freaky guy trying to give me a hug?

actually, what I need...

hmmm...was gonna list a few things but realised all I really need is a 2hr sparring session

Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #8015
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by callalily61 View Post
Can I choose Cousin George instead? Pretty please with minced mutton on top?

Quote:
Sure you can
Dunno if I'll get anything much done this week, what with Christmas and all. Telling the family about the book deal at Christmas dinner--looking forward to it!
I'm sure they'll be excited! And proud of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth718 View Post
Hi, guys, *sigh*

sorry I haven't stopped in much, hope everyone is doing well

once the new year breaks, I hope to spend more time visiting!
Hi heth happy holidays!

Quote:
lol...who's the freaky guy trying to give me a hug?

actually, what I need...

hmmm...was gonna list a few things but realised all I really need is a 2hr sparring session
I like sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.
crash boom girl, the original.
FB book page
Outside of the box with Girl in a Coma.
My music column
The Airborne Toxic Event, if it feels good
Old 12-27-2009, 01:10 AM   #8016
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

I got about 250 words written yesterday on The Midnight Box. I sould get at least that many x2 written on Gated tomorrow morning (no time today between slipping and sliding on the ice - maybe tonight after everyone goes to bed).

Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #8017
dgrintalis
'Tis true, she is a monstergirl

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goals:
  • 2k new words
Accomplishments: Approx. 3,300 words
  • Sticks and Stones and Brittle Bones - short - added 300 words
  • Play, Pray, Prey (working title) - unfinished short - 600 words
  • Paper Tigers (WIP) - 1,400 words
  • Received 1 short story rejection
  • Sent out 1 short story sub
  • Ink update:One agent asked if I would be willing to do some surgery on the pacing in the middle section of the MS. He said "Tighten that up, and I feel confident I'd be willing to proceed." So, I ended up deleting about 6k and adding about 1k new words. I sent the newly revised version (which I'm very happy with) off to him yesterday; he's going to reread it and let me know in about a week or so. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.
Goals for this week:
  • 4k new words

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

A tattoo can be a work of art…or a curse.

Out now in trade paperback and ebook from Samhain Horror.

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.
dgrintalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #8018
Kitty
weeeeeeeee *thud*

Again, nothing ...

I believe it is time to start getting drunk with Dionysus...

A vostre sanitate

Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #8019
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

A few hundred words on the outline for Book 2.

Lots of present-wrapping, unwrapping, cooking, and eating.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #8020
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Again, nothing ...

I believe it is time to start getting drunk with Dionysus...

A vostre sanitate
*sprays Kitty in the face with a spray bottle*

(that keeps our kitties in line)

Let's see...my goal from this last week was 500 words, I think.
I got that (plus another 500) in revisions on my Dec. Prompt story.

This week--hmm. I'm aiming for a revise on 2 other shorts, with a word count goal of 1000 between the two of them.

The rest of the time I will be researching editing methods to take a stab at editing/revising novel no. 2 in Jan.
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #8021
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had to go back and check from last week to get the details right:

Quote:
Goals:
  • At least a K or two of words this week. New ones, even.
yeah, that was it.

(Well, after a certain someone tinkered with it)

I got that accomplished, if we're generous with what we term "new" words and where they are. But hey, it was the holidays, and then I had to spend the day navigating the wilds of Pittsburgh around the airport.

Going to be a little more specific this week with the goals: dusting off an old short that's going in a new direction, tentatively titled "Bob, The Avenging Angel"; there's the prompt story that's been kicking around in my head, tentatively working under "Do Vampires Dream of Plasma Sheep?"; and a poem about a not so jolly version of Santa Claus "All I Want For Christmas." I figure if I title them they're more likely to get done and then subbed. Plus a K or two of words someplace on one of the WIPs.

FleasTwits

Last edited by slcboston; 12-28-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: minor changes
Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #8022
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

I think I said I'd write 500 new words.

Yeah--Didn't quite make it.

I did finish editing Delicious but that's about it.

Tossed a bunch of ideas around in my head for Telepathy but punched too many holes in them and ended up not keeping any of them.

Goals for next week -- kids and Mr. D will still be home, so, keeping that in mind -- let's say 500 again on existing wip(s).
Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #8023
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

My dearest Horror Hounds,

Duty calls...work wants me to work so if you haven't reported in you have until tomorrow. My friend will keep you company until then. He likes snacks, to be petted and cuddled---I suggest you draw straws or pick the fuzziest hound to do it. HINT HINT!!!!

[IMG]image link deleted; led to malware infected site[/IMG]

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

PS Output and goals or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.
crash boom girl, the original.
FB book page
Outside of the box with Girl in a Coma.
My music column
The Airborne Toxic Event, if it feels good

Last edited by AW Admin; 11-05-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: image link deleted; led to malware infected site
Old 12-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #8024
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
I suggest you draw straws or pick the fuzziest hound to do it. HINT HINT!!!!
*grabs the extra-fluffy pink dog sweater*

Here, Haggis. Here, little undead doggy.... C'mere boy...

FleasTwits
Old 12-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #8025
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
*grabs the extra-fluffy pink dog sweater*

Here, Haggis. Here, little undead doggy.... C'mere boy...

The hell, you say.

*Pounds stake into the ground...affixes leg trap...affixes Boston's leg to leg trap*

Here, um, doggy-like-creature. Here's a present for you.
Miss Angel Chihuahua