Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 AM   #6926
dgrintalis
'Tis true, she is a monstergirl

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
Slap!

ETA: For Haggis, not Damien!

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

A tattoo can be a work of art…or a curse.

Out now in trade paperback and ebook from Samhain Horror.

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.
dgrintalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:40 AM   #6927
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
Slap!

ETA: For Haggis, not Damien!
Thanks, Darlin'.

You know, it's strange. It's not as though I'm blocked, and, sure, I've had a lot going on in meatspace, but I plain haven't felt like writing anything new. Anyone ever feel that way?

I think I need another slap.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Stewie Meets the Cabbies and the Old Farts
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 AM   #6928
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
You know, it's strange. It's not as though I'm blocked, and, sure, I've had a lot going on in meatspace, but I plain haven't felt like writing anything new. Anyone ever feel that way?
Yeah, sometimes. But it's just as well. Then I have the time to edit or polish or do a beta job. I'm very lazy at submitting. All that work, then I ignore it to go write something new.

*slaps self*
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #6929
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I think I need another slap.
*whistles* Bend over, little undead doggie.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #6930
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by callalily61 View Post
Freakin' ex nuns beating up on innocent little puppies.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #6931
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Freakin' ex nuns beating up on pseudo-innocent, don't-trust-em-as-far-as-you-can-throw-em little puppies.
Fixed that for you. Grammar Goddess is In The House.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #6932
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Fixed that for you. Grammar Goddess is In The House.
*hands lily a snausage*

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #6933
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I plain haven't felt like writing anything new. Anyone ever feel that way?
Not to depress the heck out of you... but you summed up about 15 yrs of my life, right there.

On the plus side, i did snap out of it.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #6934
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What makes you think he wouldn't just enjoy that?

FleasTwits
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #6935
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Not to depress the heck out of you... but you summed up about 15 yrs of my life, right there.

On the plus side, i did snap out of it.
I seem to go through this crap every year. Three weeks-six weeks- whatever. Then I'm fine. I don't understand it. Maybe it's just my creative side wanting to take a vacation.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #6936
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
I seem to go through this crap every year. Three weeks-six weeks- whatever. Then I'm fine. I don't understand it. Maybe it's just my creative side wanting to take a vacation.
weeks?

Ever seen "Grosse Pointe Blank"

Remember the scene where Jeremy Piven goes off on how it's been ten *years*?

Yeah, that's me right now. 15 *YEARS* man....

"weeks" he says. Sheesh.

Lily, never mind the ruler. Where's a 2x4??

FleasTwits
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #6937
dgrintalis

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I took a break for about eight years. I wrote snippets of things here and there, but most unfinished and nothing sub-worthy. I kicked myself in the bum early last year and decided to stop making excuses and to start writing.

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #6938
slcboston
word-slinger

Well, kick Haggis, then, just to get him out of it.

FleasTwits
Old 08-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #6939
dgrintalis

Quote:
Well, kick Haggis, then, just to get him out of it.
Of course; however, I think you might need one too.

Quote:
weeks?

Ever seen "Grosse Pointe Blank"

Remember the scene where Jeremy Piven goes off on how it's been ten *years*?

Yeah, that's me right now. 15 *YEARS* man....

"weeks" he says. Sheesh.

Lily, never mind the ruler. Where's a 2x4??

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #6940
slcboston
word-slinger

No, see, when I said "right now" I meant it in terms of my reaction..

I've been writing again for a while.... no need to hurt me, really.

FleasTwits
Old 08-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #6941
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Quote:

I've been writing again for a while.... no need to hurt me, really.
But... this is the Horror forum, boston. We *like* that stuff.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #6942
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I quit writing after high school, got a "real career/job" and after fifteen years of trying to be something I wasn't, I started writing again. Then I quit my so called career and let myself write the stuff that comes naturally and stopped limiting myself to childrens' stories.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #6943
Shail
mostly normal

Shail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*shrug* We're discussing feelings and natural ability in writing?

Meh. I've had that 'don't-wanna-write' feeling for the past three months. Constant family togetherness has killed my evil side for the moment. No worry, it's demonic, therefore immortal. It's hybernating.

Natural ability? Uh, I don't know. I used to hide my stories and stuff in a rip in the matress. Not because they were X-rated or anything, but because my family doesn't approve of fiction. So, this is, like, the first place where my hobby has seen the light of day. Do I have ability? *insert goofy kid voice* I dunno.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #6944
bsolah
AW's Resident Commie

bsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Monday Report: My goal was to write 500 words and on Friday night, I wrote 725 words of a scene for my zombie/fascist story, which was pretty good. I left for Sydney that night so didn't have much time on the weekend to do any more writing.

Goal: I only got back tonight (Wednesday) and as such, that's set me back. I also have a socialist conference Saturday and a theatre rehearsal Sunday probably so that is making me lack time.

I've set this week's goal for 500 words and hope to just get that done in the limited spare time I have.

Homepage | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Sanity Juxtaposed
bsolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #6945
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is not horror, but it is scary.

It involves writing.

I want to SHARE it with you.

Thank you for supporting me in my time of.......

Jaycinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #6946
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Good Heavens, Mistress. My inner Grammar Goddess is curled up in a fetal position.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #6947
Kmcelhinny
practical experience, FTW

Kmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthood
Good Morning Hounds!!!

Holy Cow, you guys were busy having lots-o-fun the couple of days!!! Glad to see everyone is in good spirits

Yesterday did nothing but re-read and re-work some of the first chapters... I seemed to have fallen off the track bc of my surgery induced sabbatical... so I'm trying to regain the momentum and keep the ball rolling...

Hopefully today will find me finished and back on the writing wagon...

Happy writing!
Hinny

Kmcelhinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #6948
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post

It involves writing.

ROTFL
Good luck with this one Jay, sounds like a real mess.
BTW: I love the ALL CAPS--were they screaming at you?

soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #6949
Kmcelhinny
practical experience, FTW

Kmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post

It involves writing.

OMFG... what the hell is that?!?! I'm sure they took you so very seriously... my goodness didn't anyone even Try to use an English dictionary??

Sorry lady Jay... I won't tell you my 'evil' suggestion, but it has something to do with the Fourty dollar gift card they sent you and sticking somewhere's uncomfortable...

Hope you have a better day from here though.

Kmcelhinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #6950
tiny
riding the sun

Location: Southern California between the Desert and the Mountains
tiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't get thing one written today... spent the entire day working on my son's car.