Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 04:52 AM   #4201
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I totally skeeve spiders. Aagghh.

Yay, Greg. Please don't ask me to beta.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:31 AM   #4202
Kmcelhinny
practical experience, FTW

Kmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
Hey, folks! I got some marginally good news today. The managing editor for Sam's Dot Publishing requested the first 50-pages and a 500-word synopsis for my book Hatchings when I'm done with the current edit. When I explained I was still a month or so away from it, he said "No problem. The email address will still be there when you're ready. I want to see the partial."

I ran into him at Conestoga 13 in Tulsa this morning. I had planned to pitch the book to Yard Dog Press, but their editor isn't currently reading anything.

Sorry, it's fairly hard SF, not horror (but it does have giant spiders and other insects!) so you folks probably wouldn't be interested....
Good Luck Greg!

Haggis? The spider? That was priceless...funniest thing I've seen all week!

Kmcelhinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #4203
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haggis, you're supposed to wrap them in banana leaves and cook them first.

Takes care of all those pesky little hairs.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:46 AM   #4204
Shail
mostly normal

Shail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShail is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Is it bad that I saw that spider thing before dinner, and actually wanted one? It looked really appatizing.

Night, night. MJPShail virus go beddy time now. Codeine kicking in. Zzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #4205
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and... i want to thank whichever demented little mind suggested this month's prompt. It got me to dig out an old idea that I'd started but never finished. It needed dusting, it needed trimming (and at 1700 wds some might argue it still does but for me that's *short*)...

but it's up.

FleasTwits
Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #4206
Kmcelhinny

Kmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthoodKmcelhinny is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Haggis, you're supposed to wrap them in banana leaves and cook them first.

Takes care of all those pesky little hairs.

I thought that you were just supposed to peel back the skin and enjoy...Those furry legs look like they would tickle my throat too much.

Eat it raw! That's the best way isn't it?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #4207
slcboston
word-slinger

Well, the natives cook them, at least the ones I saw do the banana leaf thingy

I try and follow the local guidelines when eating strange food.

FleasTwits
Old 04-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #4208
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Again, this squirrel is puking in someone's shoes
Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 AM   #4209
slcboston
word-slinger

I'm not wearing shoes, so the squirrel may puke away.

This a bad time to mention the dish of live shrimp our table was once served in China?

FleasTwits
Old 04-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #4210
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
I'm not wearing shoes, so the squirrel may puke away.

This a bad time to mention the dish of live shrimp our table was once served in China?

Live shrimp? Did you have to bite off their heads? Sounds tasty

Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #4211
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
Again, this squirrel is puking in someone's shoes

Maybe it's the wine and smarties...or sweet tarts...what were you drinking the other night Laurie?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #4212
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, wine and refined sugar. Lots of refined sugar. I had such a sugar crash.

Notice there was no spider involved. Spiders. Must. Die. Not be eaten. Die.

Live shrimp are easily made not live. And then eaten.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #4213
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
Yes, wine and refined sugar. Lots of refined sugar. I had such a sugar crash.

Notice there was no spider involved. Spiders. Must. Die. Not be eaten. Die.

Live shrimp are easily made not live. And then eaten.

Yes, but if you puke after a sugar crash, AND the thought of eating a spider...where do you draw the puking line?

Certainly not at eating live shrimp

Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #4214
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmcelhinny View Post
Live shrimp? Did you have to bite off their heads? Sounds tasty
cold, slimy, and kicking.... how does that even begin to sound tasty?

I mean, two out of three I've done, but somehow the complete trifecta changes things.

FleasTwits
Old 04-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #4215
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
cold, slimy, and kicking.... how does that even begin to sound tasty?

I mean, two out of three I've done, but somehow the complete trifecta changes things.
It was the slimy that did you in wasn't it? Did you puke in anyone's shoe?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #4216
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
Yes, but if you puke after a sugar crash, AND the thought of eating a spider...where do you draw the puking line?

Certainly not at eating live shrimp
Just for the record, I have't puked from what I've had to drink in...*counts on fingers* 12 years. And the last time it was from drinking light beer *shudders*

Loooove seafood.... well most seafood....
Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #4217
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
Just for the record, I have't puked from what I've had to drink in...*counts on fingers* 12 years. And the last time it was from drinking light beer *shudders*

Sorry! I hope I didn't offend, after I read it it sounded kind of B----y so I'm sorry that wasn't what I intended...but thanks for making me laugh!

Quote:
Loooove seafood.... well most seafood....
It's the wiggly legs isn't it?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #4218
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Did you know that Guiness - my preferred draft - has less calories than Miller Lite?

FleasTwits
Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #4219
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
Did you know that Guiness - my preferred draft - has less calories than Miller Lite?

Is it more filling?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #4220
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

I don't count anything when I drink.

Which is why I'm no longer to out unless hubs or someone he deems responsible goes with me.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #4221
Kmcelhinny

Quote:
I don't count anything when I drink.

Which is why I'm no longer to out unless hubs or someone he deems responsible goes with me.

Well that's what they're for in the first place right? To keep us crazy women from dancing on the table tops so we won't show any other man our naughty bits?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #4222
EFCollins
World Class Rambler

Location: Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you screaming....
EFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEFCollins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Heeeeeeey!!!!!

I'm baaaack... What's up, nuts?

I've had computer troubles... anyone got a blow torch?

The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
The problem's not the genre, the problem is that people are idiots.
I finally got 700 monkeys! Now... all I need is 700 typewriters and a way to live for 700 years.

Blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFCollins View Post
WHO ATE MY SEVERED HANDS????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukman View Post
They're in the stew.
EFCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #4223
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Well that's what they're for in the first place right? To keep us crazy women from dancing on the table tops so we won't show any other man our naughty bits?
Where's the fun in that?

FleasTwits
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #4224
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
Something like that, yeah. I'll chat with you guys tomorrow sometime - I need to put my head to bed.

And, no, Hinny, I haven't been drinking... just so, ya know, we're clear on that
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #4225
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFCollins View Post
I've had computer troubles... anyone got a blow torch?
No, but I have napalm. Will that do?

FleasTwits