Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mainstream/Contemporary/Literary
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #51
WittyandorIronic
practical experience, FTW

WittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admiration
I noticed the tendency towards auburn hair as well, but I have to say that I was more influenced by the name and the situation than anything else. My female MCs tend to vary widely in their physical appearance, including hair color. I will say that I definitely think a name has to fit a person, and vice versa, so maybe Brenda just happens to be a very auburn sounding name? lol.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #52
nerds
of all the gin joints

nerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.e.lawson View Post
Wow. Did I kill this thread?

No, it was gather-gobble-drink-and-sleep day, that's all.

p.s., the redhead Brendas, maybe a subconscious influence from Brenda Starr, redheaded comic-book supersexybeasttress? Then again, maybe not. I might be the only one here who is old enough to remember her.

Maryn !!! Have the menfolk seen your avatar yet ?!!!? My stars. Speaking of stars.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic. Good luck to everyone as we wait in a state of overfed suspension.

Last edited by nerds; 11-23-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #53
nerds
of all the gin joints

nerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jst5150 View Post
I'm having a few friends in the writing biz offer comment about your work

Jason, will those comments be posted? I know you wouldn't post things such as U SUX MOLDY TOMATOES, but I'd be interested in hearing their feedback/constructive criticism if any.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #54
c.e.lawson
Lover of Flangst

c.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthoodc.e.lawson is a candidate for sainthood
I have to agree with WittyandorIronic about the Brenda = auburn issue. When I hear the name Brenda, I immediately think brown with reddish undertones. Don't ask me why. Could be Brenda Starr. Could be someone I knew long ago. But you don't need to color your hair to make it auburn. My twin sister was born with it. *envious* Here's a pic of a girl with (apparently) natural auburn hair.

http://www.answers.com/topic/auburn

may have to scroll down for pic

c.e.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #55
WittyandorIronic

WittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdsRus View Post
Jason, will those comments be posted? I know you wouldn't post things such as U SUX MOLDY TOMATOES, but I'd be interested in hearing their feedback/constructive criticism if any.

Same here. That would be pretty awesome... Now that the actual writing/submission portion of hell is over, I am not so over sensitive about the comments. I still don't think I did as well as the others, lol, but some criticism for my first ever submitted piece would not wreck my world.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #56
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The comments will be posted for your use, including mine, which I'll offer alongside of those. I would only post constructive comments and that's what I've asked for from my friends. I'm hoping my friends will have their comments by tonight. If not, you'll have them as soon as I get them. You will have mine tonight, however (for what that's worth). :-)

I'll also include the comments that were included with the votes. There were just a few, but they were good ones. By the way, a good voter turnout and I'll give the tally as to number of people who voted tonight, too. I think you'll be surprised by the number. Hint: a lot.

jt

Last edited by jst5150; 11-24-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #57
WittyandorIronic

Can't wait!! I was mistaken and thought it was last night, so today has gone even slower.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:27 AM   #58
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The announcement is coming at 8:45 p.m. tonight. Immediately afterward, the announcement will be posted in a thread along with an opportunity to "post game" the contest. So, I'm closing this thread and we'll move the discussion to the post game when the time comes! See you there!

Jason
Closed Thread