Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mainstream/Contemporary/Literary
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #26
nerds
of all the gin joints

nerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 AM   #27
nerds
of all the gin joints

nerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnerds is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
Oh, thanks a lot! [<--dripping sarcasm] Now instead of competing with the handful who found this thread, I'll be competing with many more!

Maryn, her dreams of T-shirt ownership dashed

oops. That was in response to the above.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:40 AM   #28
qdsb
Cynical Idealist

qdsb is a shiny, shiny jewelqdsb is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.e.lawson View Post
Did you say first prize also included Gerard Butler reading Miller's graphic novel to the winner over candlelight and a glass of rare vintage cabernet?

If so, then I'll finish polishing up my 74 entries ASAP.

Thanks much,

c.e.

That's a pretty extravagant prize for 1000 words.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 AM   #29
c.e.lawson
Green Lantern Hound to the Rescue!

c.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdsb View Post

That's a pretty extravagant prize for 1000 words.
A gal can try, can't she?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 AM   #30
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's sensible to work on the principal that governs cats: It never hurts to ask.

Maryn, catless at this time
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 AM   #31
c.e.lawson

c.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsc.e.lawson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I agree, Maryn.

c.e., Gerardless at this time (but hopefully not for long)
Old 11-15-2007, 04:34 AM   #32
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Maybe I can work up a T-shirt for the winner, too. Something 300 themed. Stay tuned.

jt
Old 11-15-2007, 04:44 AM   #33
c.e.lawson

Hi jst5150,

I hope you didn't think I was complaining about the prizes. I think they're great. I was just being silly. And really, after this, I should enter. I'll try to work on something tonight.

c.e.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #34
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not at all. I didn't think of the T-shirt, which is relatively easy to bring onboard as a prize. :-)
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 AM   #35
JosephineDamian
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

JosephineDamian is on a distinguished road
Go, Precie, go!

*shake my booty*
*shake my booty*

I gotta sit this contest out cause of school, but I hope you win!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
nerds
of all the gin joints

Looks like people are comin' on down to check out the contest.

It pays to advertise.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #37
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I did it. (I sent mine in.) And I'm still toying with a second idea. It's a pleasant sort of challenge, short enough to knock off fairly quickly yet not too easy.

As usual, I have no idea if what I wrote was any good, but I'm pretty sure the spelling was spectacular.

Maryn, adequate speller
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #38
qdsb
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineDamian View Post
Go, Precie, go!

*shake my booty*
*shake my booty*

I gotta sit this contest out cause of school, but I hope you win!

I already have my own cheerleader?!!!

Josephine--Thanks for checking out the contest! I know you'd enter if you could. And thanks for the support! You haven't even seen my submission. LOL!

(I've been shamelessly putting the word out in the blogosphere about the contest. )
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #39
qdsb
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst5150 View Post
Maybe I can work up a T-shirt for the winner, too. Something 300 themed. Stay tuned.

jt

But you're already dangling an Air Force Reserve t-shirt as one of the winner's prizes!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #40
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

That I am. See how enthusiastic I am?

Feel the love, kids. :-)
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #41
nerds
of all the gin joints

I really, really want that USAF shirt. Size ladies' small, okay?

* Like Maryn, am realizing that things were better when there were only three entries. *
Old 11-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #42
qdsb
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdsRus View Post
* Like Maryn, am realizing that things were better when there were only three entries. *
LOL! Not me! I'm a glutton for a challenge, even if I end up getting stomped on.

Bring it!

*I don't actually talk this way offline...but my competitive streak is showing.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #43
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

FOUR days and counting! Enter, compete and relish the glory!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #44
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Oh, I could have diddled my not-quite-there idea last night, but no-o-o, I had to watch lackluster TV and complain about being tired. They say winners never quit, but I seem to quit most nights about 8:00.

Maryn, not seeing a T-shirt in her future
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 11-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #45
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

"That boy's got a lot of quit in him." -- Ron White
Old 11-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #46
qdsb
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Oh, I could have diddled my not-quite-there idea last night, but no-o-o, I had to watch lackluster TV and complain about being tired. They say winners never quit, but I seem to quit most nights about 8:00.

You can do it, Maryn! Go, go, go!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #47
nerds
of all the gin joints

Red face

Quote:

Well, I just suffered near-total humiliation in the latest Poetry contest, so, if things run true to their present form for me, your chances of a shirt might just be better than you think.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #48
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

Six entries now as we approach three days from the deadline! Keep 'em coming!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #49
nerds
of all the gin joints

* visions of USAF goodies fading fast . . . *

Just kidding, I'm glad things are picking up. Looking forward to reading all of them.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #50
qdsb
Cynical Idealist

Jason--I just noticed the change in your sig line. Niiiiiiiice rhetoric. LOL!
Closed Thread