Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #26
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
there. I gave her two reps with your name on them! (one of them you had to share with me.)
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #27
EriRae
:P

EriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclary View Post
\

Believe me when I say this: There will be far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far worse days to come. Appreciate this day for what it was, another chance to be a decent person, a good friend, and a loving family member.

That's sage advice, man. That's something for everyone to remember. I am honored to be in your presence on this forum.

Sorry, all...this is the sappy sh!t I write in rep points...and, you guessed it, I'm still locked out.

"I never knew a girl who was ruined by a book"--James Walker
If the Holocaust was horrible, then my day at work is FANTASTIC.

I still love you, Freddie: September 5, 1946 - November 24, 1991. "Too much love will kill you in the end." ~ Queen
EriRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #28
EriRae

EriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEriRae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew21 View Post
there. I gave her two reps with your name on them! (one of them you had to share with me.)
Trust me, I'll thank you later. Thank God people don't show much on the weekends...I have two days to catch up.

I still love you, Freddie: September 5, 1946 - November 24, 1991. "Too much love will kill you in the end." ~ Queen
Old 09-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #29
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

aruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Shady, when I think of sixteen I want to run to the end of the world in horror - believe me, it only gets BETTER!!! (but you'll certainly have worse days. Deek is right).
And your wallet will reappear. I am always losing wallet, keys, glasses, head, heart. They all come back sooner or later.

Facebook

Now Out Yes it's a linky! USA
On Amazon! Yes, that's a linky too! UK

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi
aruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #30
WordGypsy
practical experience, FTW

WordGypsy is a shiny, shiny jewelWordGypsy is a shiny, shiny jewel
Shady, you're a 16 year old goddess of these writing forums! You're intelligent beyond your years and you can WRITE. All the bad crap that happens to you is just your muse's way of getting you inspired. After all, only writers can get pissed and kill people for pleasure AND pay You seem to handle query rejections well-just think of it as life rejecting your full of "Shady's Good Day." (Damn, I really need to start those queries)

I'm on Goodreads! http://tinyurl.com/ydkadyp
Preorder A Touch Mortal: http://tinyurl.com/235ssax
WordGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #31
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Shady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, guys.

Things are looking up somewhat. The thing with the play worked out--not perfectly, but definitely well enough for me. My kitten got really sick today, which was super scary, but it looks like he's going to be fine, so that's good.

Thanks everyone who's sending me good wishes. I'm working on cashing them in.

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

Shady Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #32
EriRae

for the kitten...he's way too cute. Be careful w/ him, 'kay?

Old 09-08-2007, 01:45 AM   #33
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Shady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I will! Poor baby had a fever today and we had to bring him to the vet. Now he's too lethargic to play with the other kitten, and she's just running around all bored.

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

Shady Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #34
Esopha
bam pow zap.

Esopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Lane View Post
I will! Poor baby had a fever today and we had to bring him to the vet. Now he's too lethargic to play with the other kitten, and she's just running around all bored.
Kitty #3 used to sleep in front of the fireplace for hours on end. The ends of his ears burned off.

So we took him to the vet, got some meds, I saw a really cute guy (but I didn't get a number! waaaaah!) and so on.

And we came back home. And let him out.

And the first thing he does is run in front of the fireplace, plops down, and goes to sleep.

Seriously. Wtf? Stupid animal.