• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Faye Bender Literary Agency

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I searched the forums for her but didn't find a thread (I also checked the list that CaoPaux made). Besides her AgentQuery page, I can't find anything. She's not on P&E or Publisher's Marketplace, and google has very little - and I don't know how much of it is reliable. So I thought I'd ask if you guys know anything and/or if you have any experience with her.

Last edited:

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure AgentQuery doesn't list anyone whose not reputable . . . that's why there are fewer agents listed than on other sites. Someone may want to back me up on that - but I think it's pretty good at finding only good agents.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Oh - go to google and type preditors and editors -when you go to the site. Click on agents and lawyers. Then click on F - they are alphabetical by first name - and see what they say about her. You can trust P&E. I never seen them be wrong.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Went to P&E - Faye Bender shows recorded sales. It also has a link to her website. If they have a dollar sign next to their name they are considered good agents. She is. You should give her a try with your manuscript.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I must have missed the P&E listing. :)

Crinklish

Registered
Reaction score
Faye is lovely and professional; although she and I haven't yet found a project to work together on, she's submitted several good manuscripts to me. She started with Nick Ellison, and then was with Anderson Grinberg for some time before they split, and has been out on her own for...a couple of years now? Anyway, she has excellent taste and (though this is not required to be a good agent) a warm and calming demeanor :).

carlywrites

I know someone who is repped by Faye Bender. She scored a huge advance for her novel.

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her recently, and got a quick and speedy rejection. If her response time is anywhere close to what I got, then I'm impressed. :)

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I've been waiting almost two months for a response from her. I wonder if I should label her as no response?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a response from her in less than a month. I would give her another month and then requery if there is nothing.

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
My experience with her so far has been awesome. I queried her on 10/9 and she e-mailed back with a partial request on 10/12. I sent it out via priority mail and she asked for the full on 11/2. Again, I sent it priority. On 11/9 she wrote me a lovely email telling me she loved most of the book, but was disappointed with the ending. She said she would read a revised ending if I chose to rewrite. I did, and sent her an email today (11/15) to let her know the revision is done.

She's very friendly, professional, prompt and from what I've read on her website and in the GLA, she's been in the industry awhile. If she offered representation, I would definitely consider it.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I've found:

This interview contains praise such as "Faye is fabulous" and "I had made an arrangement to work with Faye Bender and within a week she sold it to Pantheon."

This and this also contain praise.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
4 day response to equery asking for
synopsis and 50 pages. i had included the
first chapter in the equery and she WANTED
MORE. this is a FIRST. *cries*

email very polite and professional.
will keep y'all posted.

xiaotien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
thanks, fellow writers and queriers.
i send all partials suited in hedgehog
armor. augh. haha! i am thinking it'll
be a few weeks before i hear back from her.
she liked chapter one, she just needs to
like chapters 2 - 20. =D

trish, whatever happened to the revision
resubmit?

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
thanks, fellow writers and queriers.
i send all partials suited in hedgehog
armor. augh. haha! i am thinking it'll
be a few weeks before i hear back from her.
she liked chapter one, she just needs to
like chapters 2 - 20. =D

trish, whatever happened to the revision
resubmit?

I never did resubmit. I got an offer from Agent A that lead to an offer from Agent B. Since Agent B was my dream agent, I accepted her offer and let Faye know.

xiaotien

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
wow trish, if only we could all have
that dilemma. congrats on getting your
dream agent!!!

Hopcus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiahopcus.com
I never did resubmit. I got an offer from Agent A that lead to an offer from Agent B. Since Agent B was my dream agent, I accepted her offer and let Faye know.
That is so awesome! I'm rewriting my ending right now for a great agent, but it still gets me down sometimes. It's nice to hear a story with a happy ending (no pun intended).

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
On a side note: the ending I wrote for Faye was MUCH better than the one I'd submitted in the first place. I still ended up changing it for my agent, but I had something better to work with after Faye's suggestions. She's ace.