Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW Library > Children's/Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

Toothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kress, Adrienne

TITLE: (two titles, the same book)
ALEX AND THE IRONIC GENTLEMAN (North American title)
ALEX AND THE WIGPOWDER TREASURE (UK title)

AUTHOR: Kress, Adrienne

PUBLICATION DATE:
August 6 2007 (UK), September 18 2007 (USA),
October 1 2007 (Canada)
PUBLISHER: Weinstein Books (USA), Scholastic (UK/Canada)
FORMAT: Hardcover
ISBN-10: 160286005X (USA)
ISBN-13: 978-1602860056 (USA)
ISBN-13: 979 1407102320 (UK)
ISBN-10: 0545996686 (Canada)
PRICE: $16.95 (USA), 8.99 (UK - pounds), $19.99 (Canada)

LOGLINE: Fans of Lemony Snicket, Harriet the Spy, and Alice and Wonderland will love this witty, magical fantasy and its unforgettable heroine! Nasty old ladies, trains that go nowhere, a giant octopus and a shipfull of the bloodthirstiest rogues that ever sailed the ocean wave - will the heroic Alex overcome all and discover the secret of the Ironic Gentleman, deadliest of all pirate ships?

AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM AMAZON: USA, UK
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Barnes & Noble (USA), Waterstones (UK), Indigo/Chapters (Canada)

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!

Last edited by Toothpaste; 10-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Toothpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

Toothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
TITLE: TIMOTHY AND THE DRAGON'S GATE

PUBLICATION DATE: January 13th, 2009 (USA, CANADA), February 2009 (UK)
PUBLISHER: Weinstein Books (USA), Scholastic (UK/Canada)
ISBN-13: 978-1602860230 (USA)
ISBN-13: 978-1407102900 (UK)
ISBN-13: 978-0545990424 (Canada)
PRICE: $16.95 (USA), 6.99 (UK - pounds), $19.99 (Canada)

LOGLINE: Eleven-year-old Timothy Freshwater has been expelled from every school in the city. With nowhere else to go, he joins his father at the Tall and Imposing Tower of Doom and lands himself an internship with Evans Bore, its hopelessly awkward CEO. When his father is called away on business, Timothy's real education begins. Left in the care of his eccentric neighbour Sir. Bazalgette, Timothy learns some curious facts about Mr. Bore and his unusually loyal mail clerk, Mr. Shen—facts that lead to unbelievable revelations: about dragons, servants, and the laws that bind them. With time running out, Timothy takes it upon himself to change one dragon’s fate, and begins an adventure that will not end until he is relentlessly pursued by a pack of blood-thirsty black cabs, a crazed ninja and the most feared pirate in the South China Sea!

AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM AMAZON: USA, UK, Canada
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Barnes & Noble (USA), Waterstones (UK), Indigo/Chapters (Canada)

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!

Last edited by Toothpaste; 10-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

TITLE: CORSETS & CLOCKWORK: 13 STEAMPUNK ROMANCES (anthology)

AUTHOR: Kress, Adrienne: "The Clockwork Corset"

. . . and
Ann Aguirre, Tessa Gratton, Jaclyn Dolamore, Lesley Livingston, Caitlin Kittredge, Dru Pagliassotti,Dia Reeves, Michael Scott, Maria V. Snyder, Tiffany Trent, Kiersten White

PUBLICATION DATE: May 10, 2011 (USA), May 26, 2011 (UK)
PUBLISHER: Running Press Kids (USA), Robinson Publishing (UK)
FORMAT: Paperback
ISBN-13: 978-0762440924 (USA)
ISBN-13: 978-1849016582 (UK)
PRICE: $9.95 (USA), 5.94 (UK - pounds)

LOGLINE: A stunning anthology of the very best of steampunk that’s taking teen fiction by storm. Bestselling romance editor Trisha Telep brings an exciting new element to the fast-growing sub-genre of steampunk, which bends and blends the old and the new in increasingly popular dark urban fantasies. Young heroes and heroines battle evil, in various forms with the help of super-technological or supernatural powers, while falling in and out of love.

AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM AMAZON: USA, UK,
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Barnes & Noble (USA), Waterstones (UK),

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!

Last edited by Toothpaste; 10-27-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

TITLE: THE GIRL WHO WAS ON FIRE: YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS ON SUZANNE COLLINS' HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY (anthology)

AUTHOR: Kress, Adrienne: "The Inevitable Decline of Decadence"

. . . and
Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Mary Borsellino, Sarah Rees Brennan, Terri Clark, Bree Despain, Cara Lockwood, Mitali Perkins, Diana Peterfreund, Elizabeth M. Rees, Carrie Ryan, Linda Joy Singleton, Ned Vizzini, Lili Wilkinson

PUBLICATION DATE: April 5, 2011
PUBLISHER: Smart Pop (USA)
FORMAT: Paperback
ISBN-13: 978-1935618041 (USA)
PRICE: $12.95 (USA)

LOGLINE: Praised by writers from Stephen King to Stephenie Meyer, Suzanne Collins’ New York Times bestselling Hunger Games trilogy is dark, captivating, and deeply thought-provoking. Part straight-up survivalist adventure, part rich allegory, and part political thriller, the series has become a new YA favorite.

The Girl Who Was On Fire offers even more to think about for teen readers already engrossed by the Hunger Games. From the trilogy's darker themes of violence and social control to reality television, fashion, and weaponry, the collection's exploration of the Hunger Games by other YA writers reveals exactly how rich, and how perilous, protagonist Katniss’ world really is.

The Girl Who Was On Fire covers all three books in the Hunger Games trilogy.

AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM AMAZON: USA
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Barnes & Noble

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!

Last edited by Toothpaste; 11-25-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

TITLE: THE FRIDAY SOCIETY

PUBLICATION DATE: December 6, 2012
PUBLISHER: Dial, Penguin (USA), Razorbill (Canada)
ISBN-13:
978-0803737617 (USA)
PRICE: $17.99 (USA), $19.00 (Canada)

LOGLINE:

Be your own hero.

An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all.

Set in London, 1900, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.

AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Indiebound
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM AMAZON: USA, Canada
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Barnes & Noble
AVAILABLE TO PREORDER FROM: Chapters/Indigo

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

TITLE: OUTCAST

PUBLICATION DATE: June 4, 2013
PUBLISHER: Diversion Books
FORMAT: Paperback, ebook
ISBN-13: 978-1626810921
PRICE: $18.99 (paperback), $2.99 (ebook)

SYNOPSIS:

"With a crisp, engaging voice and sharp wit, Adrienne Kress is always a treat to read." - Kelley Armstrong, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

After six years of “angels” coming out of the sky and taking people from her town, 16-year-old Riley Carver has just about had it living with the constant fear. When one decides to terrorize her in her own backyard, it’s the final straw. She takes her mother’s shotgun and shoots the thing. So it’s dead. Or … not? In place of the creature she shot, is a guy. A really hot guy. A really hot alive and breathing guy. Oh, and he’s totally naked.

Not sure what to do, she drags his unconscious body to the tool shed and ties him up. After all, he’s an angel and they have tricks. When he regains consciousness she’s all set to interrogate him about why the angels come to her town, and how to get back her best friend (and almost boyfriend) Chris, who was taken the year before. But it turns out the naked guy in her shed is just as confused about everything as she is.

He thinks it’s 1956.

Set in the deep south, OUTCAST is a story of love, trust, and coming of age. It’s also a story about the supernatural, a girl with a strange sense of humor who’s got wicked aim, a greaser from the 50’s, and an army of misfits coming together for one purpose: To kick some serious angel ass.

“A refreshingly different take on angel mythology with a funny, gutsy, shotgun-toting heroine and a rivetingly sexy hero, set in an eerie deep south town, OUTCAST is a spooky, spirited, compulsively readable story—charged with wit, wisdom, and bittersweet romance.”
- Lesley Livingston, author of the internationally bestselling Wondrous Strange series

AVAILABLE AS EBOOK (list of all ebook links): https://ganxy.com/i/77868/adrienne-kress/outcast
AVAILABLE AS PAPERBACK: Amazon, Barnes and Noble

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!