Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #3601
Komnena
In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
but the burning in your throat and coughing shouldn't have lasted longer than twenty minutes.

I'm sorry I pawned your priceless Ming vase but

Komnena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 AM   #3602
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Chrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How was I supposed to know "Made In China" was a good thing?

I'm sorry you haven't had a night out on the town lately but
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #3603
Komnena

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
just remember who you woke up with at the last night on the town.

I'm sorry I tied the goat in your prize roses but

Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #3604
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
...they told me they were hungry.

I'm sorry you were dumped by all your friends, but...

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett
Nymtoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #3605
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Robbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputation
...once I'll split my windfall profit, I'm sure they'll all turn up again.

I'm sorry your shares have been a bit of an underperformer, but...
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #3606
flyingtart
Come here and say that

flyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudge
you should never have invested in vinyl underwear.

I'm sorry I laughed at your wife but...

"a waste of time and an insult to the intelligence"

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj153/flyingtart/Decorated%20images/dc2a93ea-bc0b-4e1e-aab3-1b37155aafcf_zps7c543841.jpg
flyingtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #3607
Komnena

that was a really ugly lampshade on her head.
I'm sorry I stomped the Christmas decorations on the day before the Thanksgiving.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #3608
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Robbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputation
...it came in handy since Christmas decorations are pretty useless if presents are scarce.

I'm sorry the appeal court threw out your personal injury claim, but...
Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #3609
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
really, what made you think injuries incurred at an S/M club would be covered?

I'm sorry you were dis-invited to your office Christmas party, but
Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #3610
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

Nymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNymtoc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
...your appearance last year as a naked Santa did kind of spoil things.

I'm sorry your Christmas tree caught fire and burned your house down, but...

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett
Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #3611
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

...I take it with a : I'll no longer be burdened with the hassle of Council Tax.

I'm sorry the Reverend caught you red-handed, but...

Last edited by Robbert; 12-15-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: tzpo
Old 12-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #3612
CDSinex

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
you are supposed to put money into the collection basket.

I sorry you you couldn't find the book you wanted, but ...
Old 12-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #3613
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

...I'm giving you my seventeen-volume autobiography for Christmas.

I'm sorry you went to the end of the rainbow and found nothing but a chamber pot, but...

Old 12-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #3614
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

...I'm sure I'll find something more precious at the other end -- it was a double rainbow.

I'm sorry you had an argument with your next-door neighbour over your excessive drinking habits, but...
Old 12-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #3615
CDSinex

I warned you about moving in next door to your in-laws.

I'm sorry the office cheapskate is your secret Santa, but ...
Old 12-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #3616
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

...that should help you remember these words:

"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly." -- Henry David Thoreau

I'm sorry you are preoccupied with possessions, but...

Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #3617
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

...my yacht, my helicopter and my government are not going to be scrapped with your half-baked quackery.

I wish I'd been told at an earlier stage that I'm enslaved by my humble possessions, but...
Old 12-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #3618
flyingtart
Come here and say that

flyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudgeflyingtart is better than ice cream with hot fudge
possession is nine tenths of the law.

I'm sorry a water buffalo sat on your wife but...

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj153/flyingtart/Decorated%20images/dc2a93ea-bc0b-4e1e-aab3-1b37155aafcf_zps7c543841.jpg
Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #3619
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

...the park ranger says the buffalo was only slightly bruised.

I'm sorry the great chandelier fell on the audience in the middle of the opera, but...

Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #3620
CDSinex

at least it woke everybody up in time for intermission.

I'm sorry vandals knocked down your Christmas decorations, but ...
Old 12-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #3621
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

...they're all hospitalized and have a few nights to sleep over it.

I'm sorry I confused this thread with the 'Your wish is granted' thread, but...
Old 12-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #3622
flyingtart
Come here and say that

at least I've figured it out this time.

I'm sorry your dog is uglier than a warthog but...

Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #3623
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

...all ugliness put aside, let's hope flyingtart keeps something nicer on her leash!

I'm sorry I only like women who wear no make-up, but...
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #3624
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
something about enlarged pores really gets me hot.

i'm sorry that i substituted crazy glue for your sally hansen moustache wax but...-s6
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #3625
Nymtoc
Benefactor Member

...now you won't have to restyle it again--ever.

I'm sorry you lost your memory, but...