Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Why do I have 16 "Reputation Points"??

Where did they come from? And how do I now if any are either good or bad points?

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
alleycat
Be afraid . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
People gave them to you.

You can check if they're good or bad; it's a little bit of trouble to do so however. Most of the time you can tell just by the comment left. Have you checked your User CP?
alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All will be made clear, young grasshopper... here... and here...

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Ol' Fashioned Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
People gave them to you.

You can check if they're good or bad; it's a little bit of trouble to do so however. Most of the time you can tell just by the comment left. Have you checked your User CP?
I went into the CP today to edit my isgnature. And then I saw this information bar that read:

16 point(s) total Latest Reputation Received

And there's nothing "clickable" on it (just the "colllapse" button on the far right).

So how do I check my points? And where do I read the comments?

::EDIT::

Oh! wait! I get it now!! There are six of my postings listed below the score. All six postings must be the collective source of the points! Okay. I get it.

(Never mind!)

::EDIT::

And they're all positive!

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)

Last edited by Plot Device; 05-02-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Roseanne Rosannadanna
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #5
sassandgroove
Sassy Crafter

sassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
GOOD!

Leela, the bringer of joy, Hoshi, little sweetness and light in a dark package, and Garrus, the buddy boy
(image on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennymocha/8662266835/)
sassandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #6
kristie911
Happy to be here

kristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think I see another Rep Point addict in our future.

Welcome!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #7
jamiehall
Bereaved Snarkling

jamiehall has earned our admirationjamiehall has earned our admirationjamiehall has earned our admirationjamiehall has earned our admiration

jamiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #8
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There's something about those rep points that brings out the gold-star-strivin'-first-grader in all of us...

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #9
limitedtimeauthor
Super duper user

limitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudgelimitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudgelimitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudgelimitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudgelimitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudgelimitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudgelimitedtimeauthor is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Ooh, gold star - I want a gold star!

ltd.
limitedtimeauthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #10
Writer2011
practical experience, FTW

Writer2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished road
Rep points are good things And welcome by the way.
Writer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #11
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAllister View Post
There's something about those rep points that brings out the gold-star-strivin'-first-grader in all of us...
Oh yeah? I'm waiting for my euphoria to wear off from your last rep.
SpookyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
ScarlettLeopard
practical experience, FTW

ScarlettLeopard is well-respected
I believe you get started off with 10 just for being smart enough to join the forum Took me a little bit to find mine too!
ScarlettLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote