Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
joy515

Introducing new user: Me!

Hello,writers.

I'm a Philadelphia area writer who is just recently trying to get back into writing.

I got my MA in creative writing two years ago and have been working as a secretary since. I more or less gave up on my writing dreams until only a month or so ago.

I wrote two unpaid articles for a small area arts newspaper. It was so much fun that I went out and got the Writer's Market 2004, which led me here.

I look forward to being a participant here on these boards.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
mammamaia

greetings, joy!

we're overjoyed:jump :snoopy :clap to have you here... let me know if you need any info/explanation/help, ok?...

love and hugs, maia
Old 05-31-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
joy515

Re: greetings, joy!

Wow, what instant gratification. I will. I have so many questions... I'm sure I'll pose them all.

My first one is what is the liveliest board here?
Old 05-31-2004, 01:50 AM   #4
RichMar

Wrong Question--Beeeeep

Try zeroing in on what interests you. What do you write? What turns you on? Where do you need the most help? What can you do--now or later--for others here?
Old 05-31-2004, 12:06 PM   #5
wwwatcher

The Liveliest Board?

Welcome Joy!

What is the liveliest board or thread? Sometimes that depends. “Humor and the “Office Party” threads tend to have their moments. The “Background Check” and “Take It outside the Board” threads can sometimes get quite heated and the “Novel Writing” thread gets the most posts I believe. I personally enjoy checking out the “Share Your Work” thread and the “Newbie” thread. Actually, at times an interesting discussion can creep up almost anywhere, so you might want to pick your favorites and check the others periodically just in case.

Take Care,
Watcher
:snoopy
Old 05-31-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
Sailor Kenshin

Re: The Liveliest Board?

Welcome!

Go through that Writer's Market and just pick something to send out. Get your toes in the water!
Old 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM   #7
RichMar

And,

if you do find a market that fits your work, ask here. Some of us might even have published there. And don't risk your toes, risk your body.