Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #26
mairi
E-pubbed author

mairi is on a distinguished road
has anyone heard back from folade bell?

i know she's really new so i'm not surprised she's not on query tracker yet. unfortunately that also means we don't have any idea what her average response time is...
mairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #27
Anna L.
practical experience, FTW

Anna L. has a spectacular aura
Any experience with these guys recently? Here's mine.

I submitted query & first 3 chapters via their website and received an email confirmation on May 19. A request for the full came in May 29 from John Weber, who appears to be an assistant. He confirmed reception this morning, very nice of him. He didn't specify a time frame for an answer, but he said he'd get to it 'soon'. Of course, with literary agents, that might mean 'within the next decade'. Time to go work on something else while I wait...
The Fox's God
Anna L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #28
SpecialK74
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

SpecialK74 is on a distinguished road
I submitted through their online sub page today. There seemed to be a glitch though. Not sure if my chapter's made it through. A message popped up saying that not all the fields were filled in. I received an email saying they got my submission so I guess I'll have to just cross my fingers and hope everything went well.
SpecialK74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #29
SisterWriters
figuring it all out

SisterWriters is on a distinguished road
On there website it does say that if you have not heard a response in 4-6 weeks you can resend. They will be back open for submissions on August 15th.
SisterWriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #30
Foinah
Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
AW Moderator

Foinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I queried back on 6/2/11, received the auto response email from Regina Brooks which said to nudge after three weeks if I hadn't heard anything. I did that on 7/5/11 and never heard back. Serendipity closed for subs until August 15th. On 8/17/11 I sent another email to Regina Brooks asking about my submission status.

***Crickets***

Not a word back. So that's my submission tale so far.
Yes...I have an author site! It's keen!
Short stories available for amazon kindle : Support my coffee habit
Smoking Monkeys have all the fun. Yes, yes we do. Smoking Simian Scribbles (pssst, it's a blog)
Foinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #31
Thedrellum
Grr. Argh.

Thedrellum is on a distinguished road
Congratulations!

Link to my AW Library Page

Represented by Lana Popovic of the Zachary Shuster Harmsworth Agency.
Thedrellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #32
LoLo
figuring it all out

LoLo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachen Jager View Post
Well, it's official. I just got the counter-signed contract in the mail.

I am now represented by Regina Brooks.

Okay, done partying... I need to get back to work.
That is wonderful. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
LoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #33
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Guichard Cadet shows up on Query Tracker as being with this agency, but there is no person by this name on their website. The comments page on QT notes this, but no response and no info. Any body got any ideas?

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #34
pavtbr

pavtbr is on a distinguished road
Submitted my historical fiction through their web site today and got an automated response:

Thank you for submitting to Serendipity Literary Agency. Because of the volume of submissions we receive, it might take us some time to respond. If you don't hear back in 3 weeks please email Regina Brooks directly at rbrooks@serendipitylit.com.
Thanks for thinking of us and here's to your literary future!

I will post back when I receive a response or if I have to resend.
Bryan

pavtbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #35
Smiley0501
Lurker, now activated. :-)

Smiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for President
Good luck, Bryan.

Of Fragile Things: agented and working on revisions
Repped by Carr1e H0wland of Donadio & Olson
Smiley0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #36
pavtbr

pavtbr is on a distinguished road
Got my response today, which was a form rejection. It took them about 7 weeks, but it's always good to get closure. So if anyone else is waiting and the three weeks has already passed, don't necessarily despair. Onward I go now!
Bryan
pavtbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #37
Jamiekswriter
The 1st Rule of Write Club: Write!

Jamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admiration
Anyone know if they've sold to the big six?
http://www.amazon.com/Shifting-Curre...fting+currents
Jamiekswriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #38
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yep. Their PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...s/serendipity/
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #39
Drachen Jager
Professor of applied misanthropy

Drachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiekswriter View Post
Anyone know if they've sold to the big six?
Yes, they have.

However, there are two types of agent.

Those who work with you to make your novel better, take the time to answer your e-mails, and press on with a project, even if the first round of submissions doesn't result in a sale.

Regina is the other kind.
Drachen Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #40
wonderafterall
Wait, what did I just say?

wonderafterall is on a distinguished road
Hey, just queried this agency through their form and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with querying Ayanna Coleman? She's pretty new, but seems like a great pick for my book.
wonderafterall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #41
Dana Summers
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Dana Summers is on a distinguished road
I'm new. Does anyone out there in the trenches know anything about Serendipity Literary Agency. Or Soibhan McBride?
Dana Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:40 AM   #42
Drachen Jager
Professor of applied misanthropy

Drachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDrachen Jager is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I know they should be approached with caution, but can't say anything specifically about any agent except the owner.
Drachen Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #43
Updrifting
Writer without permission.

Updrifting is on a distinguished road
I received a lovely email today from a Serendipity agent, Nadeen Gayle, asking to talk about one of my manuscripts. Joy! However, I can't find much about her online other than what's listed on the Serendipity site, which might be just fine. Does anyone have any current experience either with this agent or this agency they want to share? I have read through all the previous postings on AW.

Thanks, all!

Live a little, for crying out loud: http://errinstevens.com/?s=In+defense+of+trash
Updrifting is offline   Reply With Quote