Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2005, 06:58 PM   #151
BlueTexas
Back from self-exile land.

BlueTexas leaves trails of profuse coolnessBlueTexas leaves trails of profuse coolnessBlueTexas leaves trails of profuse coolnessBlueTexas leaves trails of profuse coolnessBlueTexas leaves trails of profuse coolness
I found AW through the Writer's Digest 101 Best Links article.

Blogging Again!

BlueTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #152
WriteRead

WriteRead is on a distinguished road
In the "Writer's Market '05" article "Free Resources for Writers".

Dan

Last edited by WriteRead; 06-10-2005 at 04:17 AM.
WriteRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #153
Tiger
AKA: "Gums of Steel"

Tiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHarrington
sites with information about hallucinogen-excreting toads.
All we have here are cane toads... A bit rough on the palate...

-T
Old 06-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #154
maipenrai
practical experience, FTW

maipenrai is well-respected
how did I find this site

via a UK site called Morewriting
maipenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #155
jenninthehouse

Smile

I found the site while searching yahoo
Old 06-17-2005, 03:56 AM   #156
ANNIE

ANNIE is well-respected
I googled info about literary agents and it was one of the links. glad I logged on!
ANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #157
Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
swooping after you

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse leaves trails of profuse coolnessNicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse leaves trails of profuse coolnessNicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse leaves trails of profuse coolnessNicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse leaves trails of profuse coolnessNicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse leaves trails of profuse coolness
A dislexic friend was trying to prove a point to me on google about absolute truth.
and here I am.

Dear Future Wife
Award winning loser, Nique Woodhouse.
* * * * * - edfringe.com
Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:07 AM   #158
DragonHeart
Oerba Yun Fang

DragonHeart has earned our admirationDragonHeart has earned our admirationDragonHeart has earned our admirationDragonHeart has earned our admiration
I used to join all kinds of forums, depending on my interests. Most were Final Fantasy themed, but slowly I turned more toward writing. I found several other writing forums and just followed the links until I found one I liked. This happens to be said forum.

~DragonHeart~
DragonHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #159
AndreaGS

AndreaGS is a glorious beacon of lightAndreaGS is a glorious beacon of lightAndreaGS is a glorious beacon of light
Google

I was searching for 'chapter length', since I was wondering what the average chapter length was, and I stumbled across a topic in one of the forums discussing just that!
AndreaGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #160
Bethamint

I was searching for a writer's forum and so I did a google search for one, and from the ones that came up, this was my favourite so I registered here
Old 06-24-2005, 11:05 AM   #161
annalee

Thumbs up Google

Google... newbie here. Found the forum in a search.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:31 PM   #162
Dewayne
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Dewayne is on a distinguished road
I found the site through a web search. I have been trying to find a publisher to handle a series of children's books I have written and illustrated, as well as a novel I am currently completing. Glad to have found this forum, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to my World! www.dewaynegore.com
Dewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:34 PM   #163
iasomie

iasomie is on a distinguished road
I found this site via Emily Veinglory at some point. Can't remember now just *where* that was...

-Kay
iasomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #164
vaceviper

I found out about this site on the old write for cash forum.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #165
Meantime

Meantime is on a distinguished road
I found it on a random Yahoo search about formatting manuscripts.
Meantime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:48 AM   #166
GPatten
Dang...

GPatten is a splendid one to beholdGPatten is a splendid one to beholdGPatten is a splendid one to behold
I found it through the Preditors and Editors site while rummaging through information on writing. This forum here is nice, I can learn something here. thank you all.

Dang...look at that...when that second light bulb comes on, it's...like...twice as bright in here!
GPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #167
fobshanghai

by google at "fatherday"
Old 07-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #168
Eveningsdawn
Just Sing.

Eveningsdawn is a shiny, shiny jewelEveningsdawn is a shiny, shiny jewel
Completly the fault of black winged fighter.

I am a NaNo 2006 Winner! I just fail at putting the icons in my signature!
Eveningsdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:24 AM   #169
Caty

Caty is on a distinguished road
I was Googling an agent who had expressed interest in my m/s. Unfortunately she came up on here under an "anybody heard of......." thread. It doesn't look very promising for the agent but the site is a gold mine so I'll park myself.
Caty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:10 AM   #170
P.H.Delarran
here for a minute...catch me?

P.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hmmm, i've been subscribing to the absolutewrite newsletter for years i think, and at some point i saved the link to the cooler, but only recently visited. i don't know what took me so long!

Absolute Poetry, Vol. 1 - out now

P.H.Delarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #171
godessceline

godessceline is on a distinguished road
Jenna Glatzer pointed me in this direction during ehr time at the CÚline Dion Community. And I'm so glad she did!
godessceline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:04 AM   #172
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How did I find this wild and wonderful place?

I was looking for a place -Preditors and Editors and typed in something wrong and My search engine asked if I was looking for Absolutewrite.com. This was obviously what I was looking for. I look forward to joining the discussions because my family and friends, they all think I'm crazy. Everyone here seems to be my version of sane.
Jaycinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:45 AM   #173
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Jaycinth--just in case you didn't find P&E, it's here

And I've noticed lots of new faces, lately! I wanted to pop over here and say hello--and invite ya'll to feel completely welcome to start threads to introduce yourselves, if you'd like, or if you have any questions.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 01:20 AM   #174
Writer2011

Writer2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished road
I simply did a search for writing forums and this one came up...glad I came here!!!
Writer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #175
Selene LuPaine
figuring it all out

Selene LuPaine is on a distinguished road
I found this site by searching through google. I was looking under 'how to write fiction' for a friend to help him with his stories and a site that I had lost a week ago. I saw this and thought, what better way to learn from the pros!
Selene LuPaine is offline   Reply With Quote