Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #126
B.L. Robinson
figuring it all out

B.L. Robinson is on a distinguished road
I found it quite tasty, tart, yet sweet, with a crunchy yet satisfying texture...

Bruce

http://www.blrobinson.yolasite.com/
B.L. Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:16 AM   #127
Paolo
figuring it all out

Paolo is on a distinguished road
After I submitted my manuscript to TOR books, I googled this: "TOR experience manuscript". A few links down the page, I found a couple threads from this forum and then it was off to the races.

I Luckin' Fove this place.

Paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:21 AM   #128
Paolo
figuring it all out

Paolo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAllister
oh yeah--and, Lori, how IS TBWN? Now that school's out, and all?

Oh look! Yet another blog! Hurray!

<G>
LOL! It worked! I clicked the link in your signature and I'm reading your blog right now. It's very nice. The writing and the look of the blog itself is soothing.

I did something similar with my signature; a link to my blog (no-so-subtle hint).

I hunger for eyeballs. Must. Have. Clicks.

Paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:29 AM   #129
Birol
Around and About
SuperModerator

Birol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll report in on Sunday in WPR, Mac. Until then, you'll just have to live in suspense.

(Paolo, thanks for distracting her like that.)

Birol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:45 AM   #130
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for the compliment, Paolo. Feel free to drop by and leave a comment any time.

I like your blog--the story you posted to the idol prompt was edgy and weird--I like it a lot!

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #131
CalicoBean
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

CalicoBean is on a distinguished road
I received a letter in the mail from Publish America inviting me to purchase a book from an acquaintance of mine. Shortly thereafter he had a book signing at a local indie, so I went and bought one of the books. It cost nearly $20.00 and was the worst book I've every tried to read. (Not bad so much on the story level but on the sentence level -- barely coherent sentences, a confusing overuse of commas, etc.) I was amazed and googled Publish America. And here I am!!

This is a great board. I check in on Uncle Jim's thread frequently, but I must confess I've become addicted to the Neverending Thread. It's like a soap opera! For the sake of my WIP, I need to look away.

(BTW, I've read enough of the information regarding PA to know that PA accepts the good just as readily as the bad and that there are many fine authors and books with PA. I feel lucky that the book I purchased was so poorly written. Had it been well written, I may have looked at Publish America as an option for me).
CalicoBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #132
wordwrite

First post here, I found this site through Dawno. I know her through a few different boards and blogs and such.
I plan on wandering about sometime later, just wanted to check in and take care of the newbie intro stuff.

Last edited by wordwrite; 05-08-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:02 AM   #133
Bufty
Let's see what's on special today..

Bufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Smile

Pure chance - what luck!

Bufty
Bufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #134
Lyra Jean
Two years old now.

Lyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLyra Jean is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I found this site through another website but can't remember which one since I was surfing all over.

My history Blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear

My Quilting Blog: A Stitch in Time

WIP: For Love or Country rough draft
Chapter One complete 2,034
Lyra Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #135
Albedo of Zero
That didn't hurt

Albedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo of Zero has a double-platinum reputation
Heck, I've been here over a month (I think) and never introduced myself; I just jumped in. Sorry?

Anyway, I googled my way here, directions follow.

Directions from here to Absolute Write Water Cooler:

North until you see the red barn (the one with the faded tobacco ad on the roof... not the one with the full parking lot)
Turn right just before you get to the fence before the trough in front of the barn. (again, the red one)
Take this curvy road until it straightens out. ( you'll see Farmer Joe's "Peaches for Sale" sign there; stop and buy one peach... nah, I'm kidding. Buying one peach always rankles his humor)
Anyway, when the curvy road straightens out, go straight unless it's flooded.
If it's flooded, go back home and get on the internet and type in google.
Then type in some things you want to know about writing. With a little bit of looking and just behind the Jones's chicken coop, you'll be where you are.
Albedo of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:27 AM   #136
batgirl
Writting broad

batgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admiration
I got here from Making Light, following one of TNH's pieces on writing scams, so indirectly it was because of Publishamerica too. I've been reading the Neverending Thread for weeks, and am finally up to the present.
I was also reading Learn Writing with Uncle Jim, but had to stop until my copy of Logical Chess arrived.
-Barbara
batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:10 PM   #137
KathieM

A writer on The MindSight Forum mentioned this forum. Of course, it was in a thread about the publishing scam of the century (PA). I didn't see an address, so I did a search. I saw an Ezboard address and the one from vBulletin. I clicked on the link, and here I am.

Kathie
Old 05-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #138
gogoshire
practical experience, FTW

gogoshire is on a distinguished road
I found this place in April when I was thumbing through the Writer's Market.

I'm still new here - I never did a proper introduction, I suppose - and it's a huge place, a bit overwhelming how much info is here. I come here daily looking for something and I get sucked into the vortex every time.

I'm really glad to have happened upon it.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 AM   #139
Homesar Runner

Homesar Runner is on a distinguished road
Found this place by surfing ...

... Googling, actually. I'm stewing on a novel idea and was looking around the net for information. One of the hits was a link to a discussion at this site. Looking around, I decided to register and visit a while. Who knows what i might turn up!

For anyone who cares, the registration was a tad tedious. The email-verification messages kept winding up in my bulk mail folder at Yahoo. I'm not sure why they were considered to be spam, but there you are.

Also, once registered, my password didn't work (no, I didn't make a mistake with it!). I had to request a new password, log in, reset the password, etc. etc.

Maybe it's just one of those days.

Homesar
Homesar Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:04 PM   #140
aka eraser
Fish Whisperer

aka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaka eraser is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
About three years ago I was minding my own business peeking under the Women's washroom door when Jenna grabbed me by the ear and marched me over here. Said something about making better use of my time.

Debatable, but what the heck. This is fun too.

He who conquers others is strong. He who conquers himself is mighty. - Lao Tzu
aka eraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #141
Dark Phoenix

I found this place looking at my brother's computer, he was looking at "Learn Writing with Uncle Jim" at the time.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:34 AM   #142
kcr

Publish America

I found the board through the Never Ending Publish American thread. I saw PA mentioned on a blog (probably Making Light), and followed the research here.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #143
DragonTears

I came across this place in either one of two ways, just not sure which it is. I came across someone who is a writer who was published with Publish America, and I looked up info on it and I know I came across the Neverending Publish America thread as well, but dont know if I got here from there or from when I did searches on publishers/agents. Either way, I thoroughly enjoy this forum and I find it extremely helpful!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:34 AM   #144
JayEss
figuring it all out

JayEss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenfingers
I found this place about a year or so ago through Writer’s Digest Best Writing Sites.
I too found the site this way...

Yes, it's true. We Australians will spell it as realiSe and not as realiZe. [etc.]
JayEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:53 PM   #145
Tiger
AKA: "Gums of Steel"

Tiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputationTiger has a golden reputation
I ran a google search on a publisher... Turns out to have had a thread running at this site.

-T
Old 05-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #146
Uncletrunx
Limited by talent

Uncletrunx is on a distinguished road
Smile

I was referred here by a member ( *The Navigator* )

I'll introduce myself properly in a thread after I've posted here.
Uncletrunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:21 AM   #147
arrowqueen
RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace

arrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I woke up after a Friday night on the vodka, to find myself lying under the water-cooler.

I've been here ever since. (Mainly because I can't find the door.)
Old 05-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #148
Thomas K

Thomas K is on a distinguished road
That's awesome, arrowqueen! I found this site (via a Google search for "word count") while over by Iraq about five months ago. It made the little free time I had a little more enjoyable.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:23 PM   #149
DDivaBabe

DDivaBabe is on a distinguished road
my boyfriend told me about this site...so i went on google to find it....and here i am!
DDivaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:47 PM   #150
TomHarrington

I was lead here by the disembodied head of Mickey Rooney, who touted your wonderful parking accommodations and all-night salad bar. Or it might’ve been the result of a Google search for sites with information about hallucinogen-excreting toads.