Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #576
Sassee
Momma Wolf

Sassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for President
Hmmmmm I forgot to reply to this...

I was trying to look something up on Google - don't even remember what it was - but I came across this site and I'm glad I did!

I actually visited the regular articles for a couple of days before wandering over to the forums. Aren't you guys glad I clicked that little "forums" button and decided to invade your space?

Sassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #577
NormanL

How'd you find this site?

I do not know for sure but on the Yahoo! answers, I posted a question concerning the publishing of my manuscript and I asked about a company called Xilbris... a company that had contacted me.. That person and another also.. responded to stay away from them and they gave me this site.... but their strong advice was to stay away from Xilbris. Unfortunately, I am back to zero and do not know who to contact as I am afraid of spending money and getting nothing.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 AM   #578
sarabi

I came here by way of Yahoo Answers. I was looking for information on AuthorHouse. I sure found plenty here.

Last edited by sarabi; 05-01-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 AM   #579
Writer2011
practical experience, FTW

Writer2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished road
I was looking for a writers forums search and this one came up first.
Writer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:22 AM   #580
Backward Masking
Why so serious?

Backward Masking has earned our admirationBackward Masking has earned our admirationBackward Masking has earned our admirationBackward Masking has earned our admiration
Google and a mention of this place on another forum.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #581
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was on P&E researching agents when I found this site. I have been lurking all winter and spring.At least I think lurking means reading without registering. I only registered just now and I am not certain that I am posting this correctly.
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #582
tpd

I was googling word counts per page and Absolute Write was the second or third link.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #583
JamieFord
giving resonant directions

JamieFord has earned our admirationJamieFord has earned our admirationJamieFord has earned our admirationJamieFord has earned our admiration
Googled an agent. Great site, I love it!

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
, a New York Times Bestseller. Or a handy paperweight.
www.jamieford.com @jamieford
JamieFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #584
Woof
Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace

Woof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWoof is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Finding this site

Hi! I stumbled upon this site by accident. It's ok, I didn't break any bones.

Woof

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #585
atthebeach
in my happy place

atthebeach is well-respected
I googled for writing help, and you all are the best! I have learned so much, so I finally joined- thanks!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #586
Mana

My mum is also a member on here. Her name on here id Stylo. She was on here one day and I saw it and thought I'd join!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:49 AM   #587
KingRat
figuring it all out

KingRat is on a distinguished road
Dogpile
Old 05-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #588
Bufty
Let's see what's on special today..

Bufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBufty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No problems, Shakey. It's correct, and Welcome.

Post something in the Newbie Forum and introduce yourself to the gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeysix View Post
I was on P&E researching agents when I found this site. I have been lurking all winter and spring.At least I think lurking means reading without registering. I only registered just now and I am not certain that I am posting this correctly.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #589
Legionsynch

Legionsynch is on a distinguished road
Like all great ideas, this site came to me in a dream. I joined, and I've learned so much in reading from everyone else.

But seriously, I googled writing forums. And this was the first one that I stopped in at and was like 'hey wow, these people are awesome.'

Now it's just a matter of spending less time reading the forums, and more time working on the novel.

Witch Eyes: 1 offer of representation. (2 requests still pending)

A Love Lost Like Secrets Unseen - My Writing Blog
Legionsynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #590
Kiester
I love lamp.

Kiester is on a distinguished road
I was learning in my college about Screenwriting, and Tim (my film tutor) was tellimg me about how this is the preferred medium for writers. I decided that I wanted to write screenplays.

I Google'd 'Script Writing Forum' and first result: AbsoluteWrite!

God, I Love You Google
Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #591
Wolvel
Write the Damn Book!

Location: All I have to say is that it's hot, and the guy with the horns keeps chasing me.
Wolvel is well-respected
Wound up here searching the net for info on a certain agency. it stopped me from making a bad decision, so i joined up.
Wolvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #592
Inky
I haz Loki :P

Inky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Read an article written by Jenna. Can't remember the article, but did a Yahoo search and found the site that was mentioned in the bio of her at the end of said article. I've been an addicted member now for 2 years.
Oh, and 'Jenna aritcles'? I STILL take her word as gospel..after all, I'm published now, aren't I? So she must be doing something *write*!

.99 Kindle/Amazon
EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
Emily waggled her brows. "Oh, you SO can be the strawberries on my cheesecake!"
Dezenial yanked her to him, fangs bared. "I'll show you cheesecake!"

Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #593
CoriSCapnSkip
New kid, be gentle!

CoriSCapnSkip is a glorious beacon of lightCoriSCapnSkip is a glorious beacon of light
Recommended by a friend on the Abebooks Forum.
CoriSCapnSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #594
mum23

mum23 is a shiny, shiny jewelmum23 is a shiny, shiny jewel
Was recomended by Litopia writers forum.
mum23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #595
Sai
Book lover/Spy

Sai has a golden reputationSai has a golden reputationSai has a golden reputationSai has a golden reputationSai has a golden reputationSai has a golden reputation
Someone reccomend on the Tokyopop message boards.
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #596
KayNat

Hello. I've had Absolute Write bookmarked for quite a while and only just got to poking around. If I remember right I followed a link here from Making Light.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #597
Melanie Lane

Melanie Lane is on a distinguished road
I found it while ago when checking on the credibility of publishers and authors.

Novels

TF (formerly TA, TO, TAO, etc. plus two sequels). 87,000

WIPs

The Nosundays: 2,000/????
Melanie Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #598
hazel_nut
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

hazel_nut is on a distinguished road
Smile new around here

hello everyone. i asked if anyone knew a place online i could go and get encouragment to keep writing. Someone gave me this link. i am taking a childrens lit. course and i am almost half way done and i am having trouble getting my assignments in on time. i kinda lose hope and focus. need alittle encouragment to keep going....
hazel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #599
licity-lieu
drying and defragging...

licity-lieu is a glorious beacon of lightlicity-lieu is a glorious beacon of lightlicity-lieu is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome hazel nut. If you post a new thread as your introduction in newbie forum you'll be dazzled by lots of warm greetings and plenty of encouragement. Have fun. AW is AWesome!

it's what I do

In need of a semi-colonic irrigation
BUT...

...Am hip... to the ellipsis...

My excuse? Scorpio sans trines. That's what!

- chop wood;carry water -

Last edited by licity-lieu; 05-12-2007 at 03:11 PM.
licity-lieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #600
hazel_nut
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

hazel_nut is on a distinguished road
thanks. that is the next place i will introduce myself....
hazel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote