Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #501
bunnygirl
Token Rabbit

bunnygirl is on a distinguished road
I've been around other writing sites and writers' blogs for awhile, so I was aware of this place and have done a little lurking. This is my first time to actually sign up and post, though.
bunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 AM   #502
Kaos Kidd

I found this forum...

During a google search for Publish America.
<ducking>
I notice it's not a highly thought of publisher here.

Lots of interesting people, topics and conversations going on, nice.

More about me later.

KK
Old 01-31-2007, 06:19 AM   #503
JB_Finesse
practical experience, FTW

JB_Finesse is on a distinguished road
I like looking up random shite on Google. I did a search for "Puffs brand kleenex" a week or two ago. Not sure why. One link was to a topic at this forum (obviously), so I decided to check it out and finally registered today.
JB_Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #504
poetic peony
may b playn 2 a dif drumr

poetic peony is a shiny, shiny jewelpoetic peony is a shiny, shiny jewel
sweetlebee told me about this site so I thought I'd check it out. I told another friend about it last night and registered myself to check out the poetry section. I told him it looked great and he registered, too. He liked it.

Now I just have to get something posted there!
poetic peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #505
psychnurse

I joined months ago my daughter found this site and told me about it. I'm not much of a writer, I just have wierd ideas. I'm working on a story with my son, though.
Daughter's sn is rosemerry, if you see her around here.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #506
bookin4me
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

bookin4me is on a distinguished road
I found this site from a posting on write4kids.com, I don't recall who did the posting but I am glad they did.
bookin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #507
The_Grand_Duchess
I record everything.

The_Grand_Duchess leaves trails of profuse coolnessThe_Grand_Duchess leaves trails of profuse coolnessThe_Grand_Duchess leaves trails of profuse coolnessThe_Grand_Duchess leaves trails of profuse coolnessThe_Grand_Duchess leaves trails of profuse coolness
I found this site when I was looking up information about some writing thing or other. I read what they had on that and didn't think more on it. Then I was looking up some other writing thing and this site popped up a second time. I just started going here for answers to all my questions and now I'm a member. It's a good place.

The Grand Duchess of Biscuitshire. . . respect.

Down but never out.

. . . ROBOTS???

The_Grand_Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #508
Keyboard Hound
Old kid. Tough skin!!

Keyboard Hound is a glorious beacon of lightKeyboard Hound is a glorious beacon of light
I found the site by accident while looking up something else.
Keyboard Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:13 AM   #509
Lady Esther
I likes ta move it, move it.

Lady Esther has a spectacular auraLady Esther has a spectacular aura
I found this site while searching on Yahoo! for a good site for novelists. I found one!
Lady Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #510
eaglelady11

eaglelady11 is on a distinguished road
I was on croasswalk.com asking a question about a writing contract, and oneo the members there suggested I try this site. It's really good.
eaglelady11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #511
AprilRain

I found a link to this site on an best-selling Author's live journal, talk about Lady Luck eh?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #512
MandaAnne

MandaAnne is on a distinguished road
Hi (waves) - an Absolute Write newbie here. I'll post a proper introduction soon.

Found this site because of another member - TheIT. Joined a creative writing group a few months ago, and she actually mentioned this site the first night I was there. But it's taken me til now to make my way here.

Look forward to learning from and contributing to this site you all love so much, and getting to know some great people!

Amanda
MandaAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #513
They

I got hit in the head and figured I might check it out...not sure it's for me though.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #514
Moon Daughter

Moon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolness
I'm another one saved from PublishAmerica's tragic practices. I submitted my story to them, and of course, I got an e-mail back saying how they wanted to give my book "the chance is deserves" (what a bunch of sh*t). So, I went on the net and I wanted to know as much as I possibly could about PA. When I wrote in the search engine, I clicked on the second link that came up (since the first one was the official PA website) and low and behold...it was this site! I couldn't stop reading all the trash on PA and when I continued reading, I knew exactly what to do with the contract--shred it into a million pieces! So...here I am--an amateur writer hoping to one day make it into the big wonderful world of literature. I'm so grateful for finding this place. If I hadn't, I would have been another PA victim with my dreams sweeped out from right under me.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:05 AM   #515
Luke flees the scene
philosopher.

Luke flees the scene has a spectacular aura
I just stumbled across it while looking for a good site to share my writing with.

"Ask yourselves whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves... or if it should be ours, here and now, and on this earth."
-Ayn Rand
Luke flees the scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:15 AM   #516
Penny Graham

Location: I live in the country on five acres of woods, in Tennessee
Penny Graham is on a distinguished road
Smile

I found this site researching the questions of song lyrics in books, and memoirs. I was amazed when I found it. I've never seen such a helpful, organized and friendly site. I am impressed that everyone tries to help everyone out and there isn't the usual bickering that goes on on other sites like this. And how lucky to have pros like Jaws and others in the business to add their advice which would cost a fortune if you had to go see a lawyer. Since writing takes so much time, I won't be spending time on any other site because WHY? It is all here. Thanks to all who made it happen.
Penny Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #517
Tri-Injuring Prophet

Tri-Injuring Prophet is on a distinguished road
My friend gave me the address and I lurked for a while before deciding to take the plunge.

"I do not care if I am nothing but a fleeting, shooting star...I do not need a tomorrow...We shall fight solely for the moment!"
Tri-Injuring Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #518
Bourbon Street

Bourbon Street is on a distinguished road
Found it through Google when researching either an agent or editor, can't remember which. It directed me to the Beware column so I was able to dodge that bullet!
Bourbon Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:01 AM   #519
Andon

Andon is on a distinguished road
My mom. And google. But mostly my mom
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #520
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Cassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by They View Post
I got hit in the head and figured I might check it out...not sure it's for me though.
i did not...I repeat did NOT hit you over the head. :P I think you need to give this site more than just a quick glance hun....you have a dream..people on this forum are here to give support and help you fulfill it and all because they care!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #521
SnowStalker

SnowStalker is on a distinguished road
Hi there

Well, I am brand new to the forum. I am an aspiring writer in the beginning phases of seeking professional publication for my novels. I have been published three times before; once at the age of eleven and twice in college. I came across this forum while trying to find an agent. Luckily I found you guys before I decided on one that turned out to be bad news.

I look forward to talking with each of you and learning what I can while also providing my own knowledge.

Thanks
Chris
SnowStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #522
Troo

Troo has a spectacular auraTroo has a spectacular aura
Linked to from a MySpace group thread I was participating in
Blog.
Troo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #523
Linda

Hello to all, I'm new here. I found the site by googling the name of an agent I suspected wasn't up to snuff. When I saw that Victoria posted here, I knew it was a legit and knowledgeable place. I have published three books but am having a bit of trouble crossing over to mainstream from the "Christian" market. I also belong to yahoo's Writers Anonymous and was on Todd Pierce's original list for Agents Actively Looking. I will try to remember to post now and then. Thanks. Linda Clare, Oregon
Old 03-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #524
hermit authoress
citanaf draoB

hermit authoress is on a distinguished road
I was looking for writers forums when this one came up.
hermit authoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #525
Lady
figuring it all out

Lady is on a distinguished road
Through a friend on another board. (not related to writing)
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote