Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Historical Writing
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 02:58 AM   #1
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Puma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I Have to Say

I have to say that I am very favorably impressed with this new Historical Fiction board and the people who are hanging out here. I'm super impressed that a number of you have taken the time to read and comment on the Prologue-Chapter 1 I posted in Share Your Work (this also included a PM from one of you). It makes me feel very good about the interest everyone has in helping each other out and the genre. My thanks and kudos to everyone! Puma
Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

JenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I think it's kudos to you, as well.

"Giving yourself permission to create and to do the worst frees you to do what you want. You can evaluate the results later." (from "Permission," Devoted to Creating)
JenNipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Puma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It figures, as soon as I comment about how good this board is everyone clams up and there've hardly been any posts since. Another of Murphy's laws, maybe Puma
Old 07-12-2006, 05:15 AM   #4
pdr
Banned

pdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ah, yes but...

what comes first, Puma, writing our novel/short/whatever in the little time we have? Or reading and writing on the AW board?
pdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
BardSkye
Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore

BardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sorry, Puma, just bad timing on my part. I'm on a deadline for some sketches, stuck trying to learn bookkeeping (which does not come naturally for me; so far I'm hating it) for work and in the midst of a couple of other jobs. I do try to pop in once or twice a day, but it'll be a month or so before I can actually contribute much of anything.
BardSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:17 AM   #6
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Not to worry

I understand - everyone has many things to do, me included. However, when I get home from work I don't have the energy to do much with writing, so AW is a bit of a break (which also unfortunately means I try to cram too much writing wise in the weekends). Good luck with the book keeping, Bardskye. Puma
Old 07-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
NeuroFizz
The grad students did it

NeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bad time for me, too. I'm in the middle of my research season, have a big grant proposal due in days, and my historical just came out last week, so I'm trying to squeeze in some PR work. To top it off, my wife is out of town for a week, and I'm Mr. Mom and Mr. Dad combined for two kids, six and three. But, I agree. Glad to see this forum and all of you who are active here.
Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
Imola (Sequel to Agnes Hahn 2009) - Medallion Press
3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category
NeuroFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
the1dsquared
Dave Diamantes

the1dsquared is on a distinguished road
Me 2.
the1dsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 AM   #9
arrowqueen
RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace

arrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsarrowqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think we're all just blushing modestly.