• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Writing Coaches] OneRoom

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has ever worked with a writing coach from OneRoom: https://www.joinoneroom.com/

OneRoom: About said:
We feel fortunate to have had mentors and coaches in our lives to support our creative practices. We started OneRoom in 2014 with a vision for a sustainable business that nurtures this kind of relationship, making thoughtful, generous coaching widely available to writers. Today, we connect serious writers around the world with great coaches they can count on.

They keep popping up in my FaceBook ads, so I've been looking at the site. I'm not sure what I think of writing coaching in general, but I like the thought of having some added accountability. That's more than I want to pay just for accountability, though :tongue If the feedback and so on is also worthwhile, it might make a difference.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Well, it's cheap(ish)? I'm not sure, really, what they're offering other than support. There's no indication on the website that they give any sort of real feedback on the work, just that they encourage you to complete whatever it is you're trying to write. In the GOOD category, they all have experience. A number have MFAs, which implies that they've taught. But if they're not giving critiques/feedback, then I'm not sure what they point is.

I mean, what they're offering is probably available here on Absolute Write.