A DANGEROUS FICTION out in Penguin ppbk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
Something big to share, along with a request. As of today, my publishing thriller A DANGEROUS FICTION is out in paperback!

Seeing the Penguin imprint on my book is particularly meaningful for me. Many years ago, before Amazon was even a gleam in Jeff Bezos’s eye, I lived in Ein Gedi, a nature preserve near the Dead Sea. It is one of the most pristine, beautiful places on earth, but it had one huge drawback: the closest bookstore was hours away in Beersheva. Once a month or so, I’d hitch a ride to the city and head straight for that bookstore, where I scooped up every novel I could find with the orange Penguin logo. I might not have known the author, but for me, the imprint itself was a guarantee of quality. I’m quite proud that A DANGEROUS FICTION will bear that logo.

Publishing, everyone here knows, is murder. Outsiders might think that once a writer has broken into print, it’s easy sailing. We on AW know better. Without the support of loyal readers and the opportunity to find new readers, writers cannot exist (i.e. publish, which is existence for a writer.) If you’ve already read A DANGEROUS FICTION, I hope you’ll recommend or even give a copy to friends who like mysteries. If you haven’t read it, well, it’s a fun summer read, if I do say so myself. Help me make this one a success, and there will be more to come in the series of Jo Donovan mysteries.

Help how, you ask? A few things can make a huge difference.

1. Sales on launch day in particular are tremendously important in positioning a book to succeed, so please help spread the word today, both in real life and on social media. Publishers always claim that word of mouth is what sells fiction, which I always thought was publisherese for "Sorry, no advertising money." Lately, though, I've come to think they're right; with your help, I’d love to prove it.
2. If you belong to a book club, online or in person, consider recommending A DANGEROUS FICTION. Viking put together this very useful reader’s guide for book clubs.

3. Review the book on Amazon and/or Goodreads. As you know, these reviews directly influence readers’ choices.
4. Take pictures of the book, in the wild or in captivity, the more imaginative the better. Post them online and send me a copy and I’ll share them as well. As a small thank you, I will choose one (U.S.) photo at random; the sender will receive a personally autographed copy of A DANGEROUS FICTION or another of my books.

Please understand that I’m not asking anyone to do all these things. I know you all have busy lives that, strangely enough, don’t revolve around me. But if you can do any of the things on this list, you’ll be helping more than you can imagine.

Thank you!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Tweeted and added to cart!

CGs on the Penguin connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.