Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #1951
Cath
Rawr
AW Moderator

Cath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
go fishing alone
catch a beautiful salmon
who to share it with?

"Many and various, strange and multitudinous are the friends that befriend me in this world, yet I never found one false or that did not surpass me in some virtue."
Wilfred Owen in a letter home.
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #1952
drachin8
post-apocalyptic bunny

drachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolness
who to share it with,
this skull-smooth rainbow stone born
of the river wild
drachin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #1953
Kate Thornton
Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere

Kate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
of the river wild
a soaring bird sings proudly
into a soft wind
Kate Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #1954
Godfather
back door man

Godfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudge
of the river wild,
someone is born on the bank;
a small unnamed child.

- Joyce
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #1955
Shiraz
New kid, be gentle!

Shiraz is well-respected
a small, unnamed child
roams amongst the garbage piles
where is his mother?

If we are honest, faithful, constructive and disciplined in our behavior, we will ultimately reap blessings for the good crops we have sown.
Shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #1956
Sireen
figuring it all out

Sireen is on a distinguished road
Where is his Mother?
bear cub ripping up brown bags
eating marshmallows
Sireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #1957
ddgryphon
King of Sloth Town

ddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputation
eating marshmallows
melted in chocolate flowing
I'd like some more, please

~ If Love is a shelter
I want to walk in the rain. ~
ddgryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:13 AM   #1958
Godfather
back door man

Godfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I'd like some more, please
more of your face, your sweet cheeks
ah, to look at you...

- Joyce
Old 08-30-2006, 01:38 AM   #1959
Shiraz
New kid, be gentle!

Shiraz is well-respected
ah, to look at you
you'd think you were so special
How looks can deceive

If we are honest, faithful, constructive and disciplined in our behavior, we will ultimately reap blessings for the good crops we have sown.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:47 AM   #1960
Godfather
back door man

how looks can decieve,
it looked like you wanted to
know me... i was wrong.

sorry!

- Joyce
Old 08-30-2006, 01:53 AM   #1961
Kate Thornton

Kate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
know me ... I was wrong
to think I could know you too
I am all I know
Old 08-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #1962
Godfather
back door man

I am all I know
i do what i gotta do
i gotta be me

- Joyce
Old 08-30-2006, 02:43 AM   #1963
ddgryphon
King of Sloth Town

ddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputation
I gotta be me
there's no one else I can be
only who I am

(Sorry, couldn't resist the reference)

~ If Love is a shelter
Old 08-30-2006, 02:45 AM   #1964
Cath
Rawr
AW Moderator

Cath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCath is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Only who I am
If I just knew who that was
hero or villain

"Many and various, strange and multitudinous are the friends that befriend me in this world, yet I never found one false or that did not surpass me in some virtue."
Wilfred Owen in a letter home.
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 AM   #1965
Godfather
back door man

hero or villain,
better or for worse, i need
somebody to love

- Joyce
Old 08-30-2006, 03:42 AM   #1966
Sireen
figuring it all out

Sireen is on a distinguished road
Somebody to love
stopped me on the street one day
seeking directions
Sireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:50 AM   #1967
Rivana
Walks in the shades.

Rivana has earned our admirationRivana has earned our admirationRivana has earned our admirationRivana has earned our admiration
seeking directions
humans do it all the time
while closing their eyes
Old 08-30-2006, 04:06 AM   #1968
emeraldcite
Art is Resistance

emeraldcite has a golden reputationemeraldcite has a golden reputationemeraldcite has a golden reputationemeraldcite has a golden reputationemeraldcite has a golden reputationemeraldcite has a golden reputation
while closing their eyes
children see nightmare visions
and wake up screaming...

My characters make morally ambiguous decisions in order to advance the plot.

Twittering -- it's like crack for bloggers

emeraldcite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:11 AM   #1969
Rivana
Walks in the shades.

Rivana has earned our admirationRivana has earned our admirationRivana has earned our admirationRivana has earned our admiration
and wake up screaming
said Death to the emperor
for I will be there
Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #1970
ddgryphon
King of Sloth Town

for I will be there
whenever you tread the boards
I will be your fan

(for my daughter who leaves to become a dancer in NYC Sept. 1)

~ If Love is a shelter
Old 08-30-2006, 04:59 AM   #1971
Shiraz
New kid, be gentle!

Shiraz is well-respected
I will be your fan
misunderstandings aside
Don't change just for me

Old 08-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #1972
Kate Thornton

Don't change just for me
The wind sighs and stays the same
Flames quietly burn
Old 08-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #1973
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

Ganesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for President
Flames quietly burn
within the blaze of you rage
wind feeds the fire
Old 08-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #1974
L M Ashton
crazy spec fic writer

L M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Warrior

I applaud courage
You smote the fierce enemy.
Huge demon spider.

Laurie Ashton Farook

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Walking the World | Chilli & Chocolate

L M Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #1975
drachin8
post-apocalyptic bunny

drachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolnessdrachin8 leaves trails of profuse coolness
huge demon spider
three inches from leg to leg
i squish your evil

(poor spider)

-Michelle
drachin8 is offline   Reply With Quote