Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #101
kdnxdr
One of the most important people in the world

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"And start a new day"
I convince myself I can
the closing door slams

Here is our new website for culinary classes and tours:

http://www.rolandparny.com

Blog: Food For Thought http://www.rolandparny.com/food-for-thought.html
kdnxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #102
D.J.
practical experience, FTW

D.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolness
The closing door slams
I hear the ending of love
then I see new life...

No, life isn't fair, but sometimes we need to be thankful it isn't. - me
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #103
rich

Then I see new life

Finally above the soil,

Green, proud, promising
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #104
ddgryphon
King of Sloth Town

ddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich
Then I see new life

Finally above the soil,

Green, proud, promising
Green, proud, promising
as Spring flows throughout the grass
and sunlight flooding

~ If Love is a shelter
I want to walk in the rain. ~
ddgryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:36 AM   #105
rich

What!!?? Nah, wasn't bad, DD.

But with haiku the last line is the surprise, or the twist, or the turning point. "Spring" isn't necessary, growth occurs when life is ready.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:45 AM   #106
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

JAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgryphon

Green, proud, promising
as Spring flows throughout the grass
and sunlight flooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich

"Spring" isn't necessary, growth occurs when life is ready.
and sunlight flooding
growth occurs when life is ready
extraneous spring

JAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:55 AM   #107
rich

Extraneous spring

Promising its promises

And I, believing
Old 03-29-2006, 03:35 AM   #108
poetinahat
Poetry Contest is on!
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And I, believing
that bedsheet is parachute,
leap from the window

AW Music Lab: Listen to this!... and this

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 AM   #109
trumancoyote
My Name is Sweet Thing

trumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
leap from the window,
contents of my chamber pot,
and fly like birdies!
"I don't understand," Hans Castorp said. "I don't understand how someone can not be a smoker -- why it's like robbing oneself of the best part of life, so to speak, or at least of an absolutely first-rate pleasure."

The Magic Mountain - Thomas Mann (John E. Woods, Trnsl.)
trumancoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 AM   #110
poetinahat
Poetry Contest is on!
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"and fly like birdies!"
said the shepherd to the flock
here end the lemmings

Last edited by poetinahat; 03-29-2006 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #111
Haruko_Ito
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Haruko_Ito is on a distinguished road
Life is like a grape.
Seemingly plucked once it is ripe
or stepped on by foot...

(How's that? Another spur of the moment deals... It's pretty fun writing Haikus... ^___^ )
Old 03-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #112
poetinahat
Poetry Contest is on!
SuperModerator

Haruko,

The idea of this one is to start your haiku with the last line of the previous one.
Want to try again?

Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #113
Haruko_Ito

Oh... My bad! I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I'll try again. Here:

Here end the lemmings,
staring face-to-face at Death.
Should one continue?

I apologize again for my momentary lapse in common sense AND for that horrible excuse of a Haiku I just typed... Sorry...
Old 03-29-2006, 06:44 AM   #114
WDS

WDS is on a distinguished road
Should one continue?
It seems this thread will not die.
I am not helping.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #115
Haruko_Ito

I am not helping.
My anger and pride destroy
my neighbors and I.

((That one sucked... *slaps wrist* Bad, Haruko!))
Old 03-29-2006, 11:20 AM   #116
brokenfingers
Walkin' That Road

brokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My neighbors and I
pass with a nod and hello -
our true thoughts concealed.
brokenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #117
kdnxdr

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
our true thoughts concealed
we are natural liars
the kissed cheek betrays

Old 03-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #118
D.J.

D.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolness
The kissed cheek betrays
a lone tear randomly runs -
now, it leaves me too.

No, life isn't fair, but sometimes we need to be thankful it isn't. - me
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #119
P.H.Delarran
here for a minute...catch me?

P.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
now, it leaves me too
the dream of being lovely
hide from the mirror

Absolute Poetry, Vol. 1 - out now

P.H.Delarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #120
kdnxdr

hide from the mirror
lest I fall in love again
none else do I need

Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 AM   #121
poetinahat
Poetry Contest is on!
SuperModerator

none else do I need
but I can't stop the wanting
I half-hope I'm caught

Old 03-30-2006, 04:33 AM   #122
Pat~
Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.

Pat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I half-hope I'm caught
before I can carry out
my ill-conceived plans

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry himů ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. ~ Picasso

Website

Life
Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #123
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"I half-hope I am caught"
said the big fish in the pond
"I'd make him happy."

too late I see... I'll write another to follow Pat's

my ill-conceived plans
always get me in trouble
everything's half-baked

In the critique forum (password: citrus)
Magdalen brings us this lively work: Aggie Lutz, Celestially Cool
Billytwice, with Salvador Night

Reddo, by TexasPoet

Inspiration: Stricken

Last edited by Stew21; 03-30-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:49 AM   #124
poetinahat
Poetry Contest is on!
SuperModerator

Everything's half-baked
said the rasta on the beach
I'm out of ganja

Old 03-30-2006, 06:14 AM   #125
P.H.Delarran
here for a minute...catch me?

P.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
i'm out of ganja
and i dont have any beer
sounds like a blue's song

Absolute Poetry, Vol. 1 - out now

P.H.Delarran is offline   Reply With Quote