Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #6901
bowiefan1970
figuring it all out

bowiefan1970 is on a distinguished road
Where I am river
Mississippi river, me
Searching for my banks
bowiefan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #6902
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Searching for my bank’s
nearest ATM. This fine
spring night needs more green
Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #6903
Blarg
Banned

Blarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputation
spring night needs more green
to hide this chameleon
who can't change color
Blarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #6904
Kate Thornton
Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere

Kate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
who can't change color
when push really comes to shove
what's the difference

Kate Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:26 AM   #6905
Blarg
Banned

Blarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputationBlarg has a double-platinum reputation
what's the difference
between whip-fast and snail-slow
to a giant sloth
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #6906
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
To a giant sloth,
The world is less mystery
Than discovery.

-Suzanne

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #6907
SinK
practical experience, FTW

SinK has a spectacular aura
Than Discovery.
Where nothing ever changes,
its shark week. Again.

I blog about science, news and film here.
SinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #6908
Blarg
Banned

It's shark week. Again.
Time to change my underwear.
Skidmarks are good bait.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #6909
SinK
practical experience, FTW

SinK has a spectacular aura
Skidmarks make good bait
the smell attracts the ladies
sweet eau du toilet.

I blog about science, news and film here.
SinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #6910
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sweet eau de toilet,
Reminder of undone chores.
I will get my brush.

-Suzanne

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 05-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #6911
Blarg
Banned

I will get my brush
by the wind, and also my
silence in its palm
Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #6912
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

Ganesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for President
silence in its palm
switch stations relentlessly
you have turned me off
Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #6913
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

Ganesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for President

you have turned me off

I want to kick the doors to
my mind open now
Old 05-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #6914
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

My mind open now
To the wide, limitless skies,
My dreams catch the clouds.

-Suzanne

Old 05-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #6915
Blarg
Banned

My dreams catch the clouds
the fingers of my blue mind
stroke their white bellies
Old 05-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #6916
James Ebersole
Drinks too much coffee

James Ebersole is on a distinguished road
Stroke their white bellies
for suggestions of cancer
under searching hands
James Ebersole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #6917
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

under searching hands
I find the feather you shed
my angel my love

under searching hands
the earth's rich soil is turned
Spanish coins revealed

under searching hands
a hidden clue discovered
you are found guilty

under searching hands
I tease out these last few words
then no more searching
Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #6918
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

You are found guilty,
Your con-man, fake prophet lies:
Rapture? What rapture?

-Suzanne

Old 05-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #6919
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

Rapture? What rapture?
raptor uses sharp talons
puncturing an eye
Old 05-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #6920
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

Puncturing an eye,
I say to myself, next time
Don't run with scissors.

-Suzanne

Old 05-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #6921
JohnL
Hmmmm...

JohnL is a shiny, shiny jewelJohnL is a shiny, shiny jewel
Don't run with scissors,
walk with eyes open and up
staring at the sun
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #6922
Blarg
Banned

Staring at the sun,
its daughter's shadow glows blue
when I turn away
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #6923
zanzjan
Eating French Toast
AW Moderator

When I turn away,
There are still spots in my eyes.
Blind, for now, to you.

-Suzanne

Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #6924
Blarg
Banned

Blind, for now, to you,
three old mice juggle the tails
you stole from their youth
Old 05-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #6925
Ganesha
con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist

you stole from their youth
a jail filled with withered skins
wizened gray haired ones