Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2006, 01:02 AM   #26
rich

Dotty Parkerish

My dear Jalpha, witty

And showofferish

(which is nice)
Old 03-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #27
brokenfingers
Walkin' That Road

brokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And showofferish
is how I describe myself -
a man with no bounds.
brokenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #28
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

JAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
a man with no bounds
dares call me "showofferish"
my nickname's stealth *itch

JAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #29
rich

Won't buy me popcorn

Figures he paid for the flick

No loving tonight
Old 03-21-2006, 01:37 AM   #30
Pat~
Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.

Pat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Here's the missing link... :

date with a cheapskate
takes me to a dollar flick
won't buy me popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich
Won't buy me popcorn

Figures he paid for the flick

No loving tonight

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry himů ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. ~ Picasso

Website

Life
Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #31
Pat~

Pat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
no loving tonight
boring date puts me to sleep
he's left with his dreams

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry himů ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Website

Life
Old 03-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #32
rich

He's left with his dreams

Hoping that reality

Can wrap around them
Old 03-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #33
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

JAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
. . .can wrap around them
like book covers preventing
dog-eared pages--I. . .
(disclaimer; I never promised this game was going to be easy )

Old 03-21-2006, 02:09 AM   #34
Pat~

dog-eared pages--I. . .
take as a sign that the book
was a well-loved friend

Website

Life
Old 03-21-2006, 02:10 AM   #35
brokenfingers
Walkin' That Road

brokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
dog eared pages I
lovingly touch to remind
me of stories past.

Hmmm.. Ok..

Was a well loved friend
really just a friend or a
dream fulfilled in flesh?

Last edited by brokenfingers; 03-21-2006 at 02:12 AM.
brokenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:29 AM   #36
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
dream fulfilled in flesh?
something I've wanted all day:
burger with the works!

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 AM   #37
Pat~

burger with the works...
can't remember the last time
I had one of those

Website

Life
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 AM   #38
rich

I had one of those

Bitter, when I was thinking...

Sweet--life's changing mood.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:52 AM   #39
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

Sweet--life's changing mood
easy for the one without
hormonal flashes

Old 03-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #40
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hormonal flashes
transform a friend's smile into
purple fantasies

Old 03-21-2006, 03:58 AM   #41
rich

Purple fantasies

I recall them from my youth

Sometime ago, now
Old 03-21-2006, 03:59 AM   #42
Pat~

purple fantasies...
meadow filled with irisis,
California wine.

Sometime ago, now
I made that post and then this one
for our haiku chain

Website

Life

Last edited by Pat~; 03-21-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:20 AM   #43
Nyna
practical experience, FTW

Nyna is well-respected
for our haiku chain
I would write short poetry
though I don't like to

-Kurt Vonnegut
Nyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 AM   #44
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
though I don't like to
i will tell you what you want.
yes. You are perfect.

This one tiptoes, quite beautifully
Thief

Fear of flying?
Aerophobia in poetry forum

You know who they are. Dharma Queens by Kylabelle

Kie's latest beauty

More poetry links coming soon!
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:27 AM   #45
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

Yes. You are perfect.
Handsome, urbane, and wealthy.
Still, you are alone.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:00 AM   #46
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Still. You are alone.
in a house-ful that's sleeping;
stillness is soul food.

*I changed the punctuation of the carry-over line to change the meaning a bit.

This one tiptoes, quite beautifully
Thief

Fear of flying?
Aerophobia in poetry forum

You know who they are. Dharma Queens by Kylabelle

Kie's latest beauty

More poetry links coming soon!
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #47
Pat~

Stillness is soul food
"Be still and know I am God"
Listen to whispers

Website

Life

Last edited by Pat~; 03-21-2006 at 05:16 PM. Reason: too many syllababbles ;-)
Old 03-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #48
rich

Listen to whispers

They are louder than thunder

When they're about you
Old 03-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #49
aboyd
Sandwich Maker

aboyd is a shiny, shiny jewelaboyd is a shiny, shiny jewel
When they're about, you
Better fly like snow, driving
Toward white silence.
aboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #50
D.J.
practical experience, FTW

D.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolness
Toward white silence
conscience stirs inward noise
I succumb to it.

No, life isn't fair, but sometimes we need to be thankful it isn't. - me
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote