Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 03:52 AM   #251
kdnxdr
One of the most important people in the world

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
delicious cigar
greenly I eased back with friends
passage to my manhood

Here is our new website for culinary classes and tours:

http://www.rolandparny.com

Blog: Food For Thought http://www.rolandparny.com/food-for-thought.html
kdnxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #252
P.H.Delarran
here for a minute...catch me?

P.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
syllable removed and piggybacked

passage to manhood
quench my thirst along the way
fall into my hand

fall into my hand
soft as snow twice as chilly
heart of an iceberg

Absolute Poetry, Vol. 1 - out now

P.H.Delarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:49 AM   #253
poetinahat
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
heart of an iceberg
scrapes and splits the metal sheath
titanic struggle

See how careful review of others' works can give you insight into your own!

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:51 AM   #254
Pat~
Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.

Pat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
titanic struggle
then a touch leaves lasting limp
walk forever changed

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry himÖ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. ~ Picasso

Website

Life
Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #255
Ganesha
con∑ver∑sa∑tion∑al∑ist

Ganesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat
heart of an iceberg
scrapes and splits the metal sheath
titanic struggle
I rest my hand on
your face, why do we struggle?
spring brings hurt feelings

Ganesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 AM   #256
poetinahat
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
walk forever changed
i saw you with another
i'll find a new path

Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 AM   #257
poetinahat
SuperModerator

Dovetailing

spring brings hurt feelings
i await summer, hopeful
for a warming fall

i'll find a new path
between hell and high water
for a warming fall

Old 04-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #258
P.H.Delarran

P.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsP.H.Delarran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
for a warming fall
bonfire, congas, bare feet prance
earnest dance of hope

Old 04-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #259
poetinahat
SuperModerator

earnest dance of hope
best travolta boogiesteps
so, your place or mine?

Old 04-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #260
Godfather
back door man

Godfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudge
so, your place or mine?
inquired the eager ernest
she just looked at him

- Joyce
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #261
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

JAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
She just looked at him
in that furtive way she does
through binoculars

JAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #262
ddgryphon
King of Sloth Town

ddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputation
Through Binoculars
the sea is still beyond me
as chill winds cut me

~ If Love is a shelter
I want to walk in the rain. ~
ddgryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #263
rich

As chill winds cut me

And my eyes cannot function

I think of the sun
Old 04-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #264
Pat~
Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.

Pat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think of the sun
rising, setting, without fail
and my soul is warmed

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry himÖ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. ~ Picasso

Website

Life
Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #265
Godfather
back door man

Godfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudgeGodfather is better than ice cream with hot fudge
and my soul is warmed
when i read whats to be read
and my mind is blown

- Joyce
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:02 AM   #266
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

JAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJAlpha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and my mind is blown
like a candle in the wind
shades of Elton John

Old 04-11-2006, 05:14 AM   #267
rich

Shades of Elton John

Like a candle in the wind

and my mind is blown
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 AM   #268
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

and my mind is blown
like a rising mushroom cloud
back to the eighties

Old 04-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #269
P.H.Delarran

back to the eighties

leg warmers, mousse, bare shoulders

break, flash, donít sit still

Old 04-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #270
PrettySpecialGal
roll, roll, roll in ze hay

PrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputationPrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputationPrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputationPrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputationPrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputationPrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputationPrettySpecialGal has a double-platinum reputation
break, flash, donít sit still
the photograph is over
time to get comfy
PrettySpecialGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #271
Ralyks
Untold stories inside

Ralyks is a glorious beacon of lightRalyks is a glorious beacon of light
time to get comfy

for your comfort wonít last long

when the torture starts
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #272
D.J.
practical experience, FTW

D.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolnessD.J. leaves trails of profuse coolness
When the torture starts
know I will recognize it -
I've seen it before.

No, life isn't fair, but sometimes we need to be thankful it isn't. - me
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #273
ddgryphon
King of Sloth Town

ddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputationddgryphon has a golden reputation
I've seen it before
flowers blooming on hillsides
though never in light

~ If Love is a shelter
I want to walk in the rain. ~
ddgryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #274
JAlpha
Smilie Fanatic

though never in light
the dust bunnies in my house
thrive under the couch

Old 04-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #275
Ganesha
con∑ver∑sa∑tion∑al∑ist

Ganesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for PresidentGanesha should run for President
thrive under the couch
not to mention the day bed
small red ants appeared
Ganesha is offline   Reply With Quote