Remember Polly Courtney? (She Dumped HarperCollins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Second link is identical to the first.

djf881

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
You can tell her decision to self-publish was a well-educated one, based on a sophisticated knowledge of the publishing industry because her self-published books are not available as e-books.

Way to go Polly!

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
You can tell her decision to self-publish was a well-educated one, based on a sophisticated knowledge of the publishing industry because her self-published books are not available as e-books.

Way to go Polly!

Umm, yes they are.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Defying-Gravity-ebook/dp/B004DNWRK6/ref=sr_1_6_bnp_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371456657&sr=1-6&keywords=polly+courtney

And through Avon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Day-I-Died-ebook/dp/B002RI9U22/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371456657&sr=1-5&keywords=polly+courtney

Perhaps having published already on ebook format, she has yet to see it be worthwhile releasing an ebook, and waiting to see how the paperback does?

djf881

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score

The second book you linked is not self-published.

Neither Golden Handcuffs nor Feral Youth is available in e-book format. Trying to sell a self-published book in print is a terrible plan, because bookstores do not stock self-published books. The biggest hook self-pub authors have is low prices on e-books.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Feral Youth has a release date of July 1st in the UK on Amazon and August 1st on Amazon U.S. When you self publish, I'm not sure your ebooks show up for prerelease orders before the actual publication date.

Last edited:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Feral Youth has a release date of July 1st in the UK and August 1st in the U.S. When you self publish, I'm not sure your ebooks show up for prerelease orders before the actual publication date.

Correct. Only Kobo and ARe allow pre-order links. Everywhere else is release day the day you upload.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
The second book you linked is not self-published.

My point was that she has ebooks available as a self-publisher and as trade published, and raised the hypothesis that maybe she didn't see the value in releasing an ebook. However, Amarie raises an excellent point, and think she is right.

Courtney has been writing for quite a while, and the ebook boom is still in its infancy.

PollyCourtney

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!
Thanks so much for your interest in my novels. My latest novel, Feral Youth, is out today, which is why you wouldn't have seen it before now. (K Taylor is correct; Amazon doesn't allow pre-order on Kindle SP editions.) The link is here if you want to check it out: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DM9YJ6W/?tag=absowrit-21

Amazon is also part-way through publishing second editions of some of my other books (Golden Handcuffs, Poles Apart), so they're also appearing as we speak.

Thanks again for the thread!
Polly

Status
Not open for further replies.