Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2006, 05:30 AM   #126
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong

Love Sucks - now available at Musa Publishing, B&N, and Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance - 65K-word YA contemp fantasy
Want to beta? Rep or PM me.
Query in progress here.

Taylor-Made, version 4: 79% done (according to v.3 on Kindle)
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #127
travNastee
in a bulletproof vest...

travNastee is well-respected
X-Men...that's what this thread needs...okay...Hugh Jackman is now standing in for the role of john travolta...who wants to be Olivia Newton John?

(Anyone else see "you do" comin?)
All of us are done for

Take the 2006 rejection pledge. . .
I took the pledge: 30/42

Best Rejection: TOO WEIRD FOR ME (in all caps)
travNastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 PM   #128
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You set yourself up, but I'll let you slide just this once.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #129
travNastee
in a bulletproof vest...

Zoos in Greece typically have many animals. Right now, Hugh Jackman is dancing up the back of a rhinocerous with StoryGirl, our official Olivia Newton John for this setup.
All of us are done for

Old 02-21-2006, 09:48 PM   #130
Jewel101
practical experience, FTW

Jewel101 is on a distinguished road
Alright already!!!! When is this insanity going to stop?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #131
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Basically, there is no end to insanity, especially when I'm chosen to play the lovely Olivia, though I don't at all mind the idea of working with this guy.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #132
travNastee
in a bulletproof vest...

Copious amounts of insanity dictate that the insanity cannot end until said copious amounts are liquidated into nothingness. So storygirl...when you breakin out the leather? And which girls are which in your "gang"?
All of us are done for

Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 AM   #133
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

Dozens of girls are in my gang and we'll be wearing leather in act two, scene three.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:21 AM   #134
luxintenebrae

luxintenebrae is on a distinguished road
Enough already! Haven't you heard pleather is the new leather?
luxintenebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #135
Sage
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Frankie Valli - will he be performing the theme song?

Query in progress here.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:51 AM   #136
Prosthetic Foreheads

Prosthetic Foreheads is well-respected
Good God, I hope so.

Prosthetic Foreheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:56 AM   #137
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

Hugh is sort of the jealous type, so we're having complications deciding who will sing what; the director must make the final decision.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #138
luxintenebrae

I heard he wants to dress up like a girl so he can sing all of Olivia's songs too! Bit greedy me thinks!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:00 AM   #139
travNastee
in a bulletproof vest...

Just to let you know, we're gonna take Grease in a whole new direction since we're in Greece...Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love, backed by choirs of both male and female eunich prisoners, are singing all the songs...everyone has to lip sync.
All of us are done for

Old 02-22-2006, 06:48 AM   #140
PattiTheWicked
Unleashing Hell.

PattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPattiTheWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kill me now, please.
PattiTheWicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:50 AM   #141
Sage
AW Moderator

Lip sync? I haven't put in all that practice at karaoking to lip sync a performance of Grease!

Query in progress here.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #142
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

My, my this production is going to be fun . . . not a day into it and we've already got divas comin' out of the woodwork.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:13 AM   #143
Prosthetic Foreheads

Now, I guess Marilyn Manson gets the John Travolta part, but can he dance to disco?

Old 02-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #144
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

Oh, I don't think so, my co-star is Hugh Jackman, not Marylin Manson . . . he just sings.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:17 AM   #145
Sage
AW Moderator

Please, guys! Can't we agree on anything?

Query in progress here.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #146
Prosthetic Foreheads

Question: If Marilyn brings his own catalogue and "I Don't Like the Drugs But the Drugs Like Me" becomes the new the theme, can you dance to industrial/goth/metal, storygirl?

Last edited by Prosthetic Foreheads; 02-22-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #147
travNastee
in a bulletproof vest...

Really...c'mon...is it possible to "dance" to that stuff?
All of us are done for

Old 02-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #148
luxintenebrae

Sure - nobody minds getting a headache from a little headbanging, do they? (Ok, a migraine.)
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #149
Jewel101

Jewel101 is on a distinguished road
tsk! - I don't think this production is ever going to happen, You guys are too busy arguing? I thought the point was Greace in Greece, not arguing about Grase in Greece
Old 02-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #150
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

Unbelievable! I finally get cast in a production of Grease in Greece, and so far we haven't even gotten to the good stuff because we've been to busy quibbling over details.